Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Nothing wrong with chelation as a medical treatment.

If you happen to have heavy metal poisoning.

If you are using it to treat autism, you are a nutter for more than one reason.

Reactions: 1 user

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
The Blackwater story is a little bizarre. You're referring to a nurse at an aged care hostel in Rockhampton; she was showing symptoms of COVID-19 and had a test but went back to work before she got the results. Apparently at some stage she also took a four hour round trip from Rockhampton to Blackwater to "see a sunset" :rolleyes:. This was against lockdown regulations. She claims she never got out of her car in Blackwater but that appears to be a dubious claim. Maybe she came into contact with the miner but who really knows.

They are still trying to ascertain how the miner contracted the virus when he never left the town for 3 months before he died. He'd been off work due to injury since November.
Interesting side note that in an autopsy on this guy they have found he didn't have COVID-19

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Interesting side note that in an autopsy on this guy they have found he didn't have COVID-19
Yeah I heard that this morning. A false positive actually makes more sense than him contracting coronavirus in a small town with no known cases; alongside the fact that he hadn't left the town for more than 3 months.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
I know some have already blamed the WHO.
But I don't know details and information on what actually transpired. To me it pays to wait before determining their guilt..
China delayed releasing coronavirus info, frustrating WHO

The new information does not support the narrative of either the U.S. or China, but instead portrays an agency now stuck in the middle that was urgently trying to solicit more data despite limits to its own authority.
it must rely on the cooperation of member states.

behind the scenes, it was a much different story, one of significant delays by China and considerable frustration among WHO officials over not getting the information they needed to fight the spread of the deadly virus.

WHO officials were lauding China in public because they wanted to coax more information out of the government, the recordings obtained by the AP suggest. Privately, they complained in meetings the week of Jan. 6 that China was not sharing enough data to assess how effectively the virus spread between people or what risk it posed to the rest of the world, costing valuable time

Reactions: 4 users

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
But I don't know details and information on what actually transpired. To me it pays to wait before determining their guilt..
China delayed releasing coronavirus info, frustrating WHO

The new information does not support the narrative of either the U.S. or China, but instead portrays an agency now stuck in the middle that was urgently trying to solicit more data despite limits to its own authority.
it must rely on the cooperation of member states.

behind the scenes, it was a much different story, one of significant delays by China and considerable frustration among WHO officials over not getting the information they needed to fight the spread of the deadly virus.

WHO officials were lauding China in public because they wanted to coax more information out of the government, the recordings obtained by the AP suggest. Privately, they complained in meetings the week of Jan. 6 that China was not sharing enough data to assess how effectively the virus spread between people or what risk it posed to the rest of the world, costing valuable time4
If this is accurate......
The WHO doesn't have the buy in from the countries it even received funding from? GTFOOH.
So, they have the correct intention but lack the ability to enact their MO.
Maybe the bureaucracy is in need of some adjustment.
How is this going to happen?

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne

It's a matter of degree, like when the AFL said "We didn't inject anyone" in the wake of the Essendon doping program.

WHO didn't inflict the virus and couldn't have stopped the virus, but they were less than effectual when required and performed the Chinese government's propaganda work.

The Chinese are not friends of the world.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
No surprise that there is political interference and obstruction.
From China but many other countries who can afford to play politics.
Whereas a country like Congo that is more dependent on the WHO'S activities may be more willing to toe the line.
It's unrealistic to think otherwise. Australia supports the UN but doesn't ratify or follow all the UN charters... asylum seekers for example.

Sin has been posting regularly that there are inbuilt restrictions due to funding and oversight, which can explain the organisation's response and highlight how it can be improved

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
It's a matter of degree, like when the AFL said "We didn't inject anyone" in the wake of the Essendon doping program.

WHO didn't inflict the virus and couldn't have stopped the virus, but they were less than effectual when required.
Agreed the WHO were (most likely) less effectual. But what was the cause?
We got the press releases, the govts got the reports. I bet the reports told a stronger story.
What were the agreed procedures and protocols?
It is easy to say Australia called it a pandemic first, so the WHO must have been in denial.
I would hazard a guess that there is very specific criterium to proclaim a pandemic, as agreed by the member bodies ie the countries.

It's a convenient deflection from govts (particularly China and USA) to blame an organisation without the legal jurisdiction to fulfil their duties. Or who followed their rules to the letter.

As for the AFL and essendon drugs I hold the club responsible.
The AFL was culpable for the lack of oversight and the following cover up.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
It is easy to say Australia called it a pandemic first, so the WHO must have been in denial.
I would hazard a guess that there is very specific criterium to proclaim a pandemic, as agreed by the member bodies ie the countries.

Yeah they have their specific guidelines and I'm not across them in detail. They may have gone a bit early with swine flu but by the time they declared this one, it was all academic.

They also declare when a pandemic's over so let's hope they're busy soon.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
NZ announce no restrictions. Full crowds etc expected to return to sports. No restrictions on gatherings.

Reactions: 4 users

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
It's really a shame we couldn't hold out a little longer and get the same result.

But people were missing their golf.

I don't think it was ever the strategy here, but judged in hindsight the NZ Stage 4, 4 week lockdown may turn out to be the best both from a health perspective & economically.

The irony of your statement is the one state that banned golf and had the tightest restrictions is the one that lead the way in May for new cases for all the wrong reasons. And it all happened before restrictions were lifted. Perhaps the poor handling of the cedar meats outbreak should draw more of your scorn than "golfers"? It accounts for about a quarter of the nations new cases since start of May.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
That's OK MD, we will forever you remember the great sacrifice that you and other golfers made for the greater good

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
That's OK MD, we will forever you remember the great sacrifice that you and other golfers made for the greater good

I actually don't play much golf. Just prefer it when common sense is applied. But continue with the pot shots. (no pin intended)