Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Still out of control in Brazil. Over 27,000 new cases and 1200 deaths in the latest 24 hour period. The death toll will be the 3rd highest globally in a few days. It's end up as the 2nd highest country in both total cases and deaths behind USA.

Meanwhile 30,000 people have registered interest in attending a protest rally outside state parliament on the weekend. Surely not :( This has the potential to undo everything we have achieved in containing this virus up until now. This has the potential to cause an explosion in the virus and that would be disastrous.

I really hope that's not the case but have grave concerns. The virus is still out there. No way you can achieve physical distancing in a crowd of 30,000 people.

Reactions: 1 user

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Meanwhile 30,000 people have registered interest in attending a protest rally outside state parliament on the weekend. Surely not :( This has the potential to undo everything we have achieved in containing this virus up until now. This has the potential to cause an explosion in the virus and that would be disastrous.
It's like giving up smoking for two months, proclaiming you're on the road to good health and embarking on a diet of junk food.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Still out of control in Brazil. Over 27,000 new cases and 1200 deaths in the latest 24 hour period. The death toll will be the 3rd highest globally in a few days. It's end up as the 2nd highest country in both total cases and deaths behind USA.

I really hope that's not the case but have grave concerns. The virus is still out there. No way you can achieve physical distancing in a crowd of 30,000 people.
It was good to hear Andrews telling anyone thinking of going not to.

Reactions: 1 user

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
What sort of leadership is that if you're not going to enforce rules that apply to everyone else? My word for it is negligent.
I can see that point but in this instance there probably needs to be some leeway and understanding. It's a volatile situation and a difficult one to police as well.

I really hope people use common sense and stay away at this time. I don't have an issue with peaceful protest but these are far from normal times.

MD Jazz

Tiger Champion
Feb 3, 2017
I can see that point but in this instance there probably needs to be some leeway and understanding. It's a volatile situation and a difficult one to police as well.

I really hope people use common sense and stay away at this time. I don't have an issue with peaceful protest but these are far from normal times.
Agree. I thought Andrews spoke well given the circumstances.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Yeah. Or you get a riot.

Why is your advice always to escalate rather than de-escalate?
i would think the protesters would just refuse to give their details or go with the cops- the cops would then have the choice to get physical or walk away.
getting physical at a protest against police brutality will never end well for anyone.

and physical confrontation will not reduce the chance of transmission, i would say it is likely to increase the risk.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
i would think the protesters would just refuse to give their details or go with the cops- the cops would then have the choice to get physical or walk away.
getting physical at a protest against police brutality will never end well for anyone.

and physical confrontation will not reduce the chance of transmission, i would say it is likely to increase the risk.
They're required by law to supply name and address to police. If they are then cuffed and dragged off to the cells, they deserved it. If they resist and get hurt, they deserved it.

Stop barracking for cnuts.