Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
So progress is being made, good to see. I wonder why the media (both social and mainstream) aren’t highlighting this......

143 aboriginal people dead in custody in the period Damien Hardwick has been coach of richmond.

Its fair to say Richmond have left the police significantly behind in the progress stake?

this isn't ancient history

Black fellas are 16 times more likely to die in custody than white fellas post 1990

progress

It'd be just black fellas luck if a civil rights movement on their behalf unleashed another pox.

they can't really win a trick

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
143 aboriginal people dead in custody in the period Damien Hardwick has been coach of richmond.

Its fair to say Richmond have left the police significantly behind in the progress stake?

this isn't ancient history

Black fellas are 16 times more likely to die in custody than white fellas post 1990

progress

It'd be just black fellas luck if a civil rights movement on their behalf unleashed another pox.

they can't really win a trick
And most indigenous Australians who die in police custody are on remand, ie haven't been convicted of a crime, and a fair proportion were denied needed medical assistance.

Reactions: 1 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
And i would prefer the protests did not go ahead today, but dont think police using force to stop them is the right response.

Reactions: 1 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I think A Bolt has used that quote in a couple of dozen columns. Has she followed through with the threat yet? Maybe pin the summer fires on her?

It wasn't actually a threat, but it wasn't very community-minded, either. It's representative of the spirit of the protest, really. *smile* you Australia.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
It wasn't actually a threat, but it wasn't very community-minded, either. It's representative of the spirit of the protest, really. *smile* you Australia.
That's my point they are words. Words of frustration or anger. Thought you would prefer immoderate language than "disobedience", you can't run a protest like a debate at the zRotary Club. What do think of me when I have said things over the years like this country is f...Jed?

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Zero new cases for Victoria. First time since the whole thing ramped up. Surprised that no one else has thought this worth noting.
And yes I know the second wave is possible almost inevitable and highly likely to be far worse than the initial outbreak. Let's hope we get a few games in before the next lockdown.
But in the meantime I say good on Victoria, Victorians we can now hold our head high in front of the mighty WA and SA Premiers (are WAFL and SANFL allowed?)

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Victoria's recent performance is standout bad. Like celebrating a win over a depleted Freo after dropping eight on the trot.

p2oP1NN.jpg

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Given these mass scale protests have been allowed, can someone in Government please explain why we can’t go to the footy this Thursday now?

As someone else said the virus is not political. A crowd of 30k is a crowd of 30k. It’s either allowed or it’s not.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
And most indigenous Australians who die in police custody are on remand, ie haven't been convicted of a crime, and a fair proportion were denied needed medical assistance.

One or two citations needed with this post.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
The hypocrisy is stark. I'm not advocating idiocy as a response to idiocy, but the door is half ajar to a free-for-all.

It’s going to be pretty hard to convince me otherwise. Have done everything our Governments have asked until now. Heck I’ve even criticised those who want to play golf which seems pathetic now next to a 30k protest march but I can’t see the point of continuing to follow restrictions in the wake of this being tolerated.

Ludicrous that this went ahead. Can only hope that no outbreaks come after it. Not that it would be easy to attribute to this congregation.
Still it’s just wrong.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I can’t see the point of continuing to follow restrictions in the wake of this being tolerated.

Aside from the risk...

It'll be interesting to see what it does to the numbers. I find it difficult to believe it won't register given the known risk. Personally, will be returning to full hibernation for a month.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
The state government made a decision about the march yesterday that was simply pragmatism. To ban it would almost certainly not stopped it but instead created a confrontation. They made the decision that fining the Organisers and discouraging attendance was better than potential violence and hauling a lot of people off to jail.
I don’t believe the march should have been held but seeing it was happening my feeling is that given the unpalatable choices the government probably made the right one.
Without COVID I probably would have attended the march and I decided not to go yesterday as a personal choice. However I am not indigenous or a person of colour and I would not presume to tell anyone who is how to feel at the moment. I haven’t walked in their shoes. Remember this is really about racism not just about 400+ deaths in custody since 1991. Deaths in custody is just one symbol of the disadvantage and racism that exists in this country and elsewhere.
The desire to march by many indigenous people yesterday would be enormously strong and I think comparing it to a desire and need to the go to the footy is not a valid comparison.

Reactions: 6 users