Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
According to the Age, Richmond do have players/officials living in hotspots.
Hawthorn none, Collingwood have three staff, and Melbourne has one official, but they are not in the travelling group
If players can leave the hot spots why wouldn't all the regular families just move across town and bunk in with their relatives in non hot spot codes?

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
This hotel quarantine shambles is turning into a nightmare for the Andrews government. They have *smile* it royally; a cluster *smile* of the highest order. Handing control to of quarantine to members of the dubious security industry will go down as one of the greatest bungles of modern times; right up there with the Ruby Princess debacle in NSW. At least the NSW Govt had the good sense to hand hotel quarantine to the police who engaged the military to assist. Guess what; no outbreaks from hotel quarantine in NSW.

But in Victoria we've got the "security" industry running the show with companies rorting the system by paying guards cash not to turn up but still billing the taxpayer for the work, guards allegedly bonking quarantined guests, sharing lifts, cigarettes and lighters, letting quarantine guests into each others rooms and then going home to big family gatherings and spreading rona through the northern and western suburbs. To the point now that most of this second wave outbreak is apparently attributed to the mass failure of the hotel quarantine system.

Andrews started off this crisis very strongly and his initial leadership and response was first rate IMO. But this hotel quarantine is absolutely farcical and he as the leader of the Victorian Govt he needs to face the music. He has *smile* this up big time.

Reactions: 7 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Sounds like Dan took his eye off the ball. Or passed the ball to someone else who dropped it. Either way, the buck stops at the top.

Is the security guard industry unionised?

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Is the security guard industry unionised?

Highly doubtful. If it was, id say theyde have called it a demarcation issue and the health industrys job.

FFS, a gigantic set of keys and a mag light is not a front line health toolkit

Reactions: 1 user

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
This hotel quarantine shambles is turning into a nightmare for the Andrews government. They have *smile* it royally; a cluster *smile* of the highest order. Handing control to of quarantine to members of the dubious security industry will go down as one of the greatest bungles of modern times; right up there with the Ruby Princess debacle in NSW. At least the NSW Govt had the good sense to hand hotel quarantine to the police who engaged the military to assist. Guess what; no outbreaks from hotel quarantine in NSW.

But in Victoria we've got the "security" industry running the show with companies rorting the system by paying guards cash not to turn up but still billing the taxpayer for the work, guards allegedly bonking quarantined guests, sharing lifts, cigarettes and lighters, letting quarantine guests into each others rooms and then going home to big family gatherings and spreading rona through the northern and western suburbs. To the point now that most of this second wave outbreak is apparently attributed to the mass failure of the hotel quarantine system.

Andrews started off this crisis very strongly and his initial leadership and response was first rate IMO. But this hotel quarantine is absolutely farcical and he as the leader of the Victorian Govt he needs to face the music. He has *smile* this up big time.

They seem to know what the problems are. An enquiry only serves as an excuse for Andrews to continue to refuse to answer questions.

Reactions: 4 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Bit harsh perhaps given the outbreak is concentrated in Melbourne. But understandable that Victoria is on the nose.
Nah it's just *smile* parochialism. It's happening at border towns such as Mount Gambier where residents from small Victorian towns such as Nelson have to cross the border to go the doctor etc. The Victorian residents in those areas have as much chance of having rona as the SA residents on the other side of the border.

Small minded *smile* wits.

Reactions: 2 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Nah it's just *smile* parochialism. It's happening at border towns such as Mount Gambier where residents from small Victorian towns such as Nelson have to cross the border to go the doctor etc. The Victorian residents in those areas have as much chance of having rona as the SA residents on the other side of the border.

Small minded *smile* wits.

The Victorian outbreak has jeopardised the AFL and caused a further hit to the national economy. There's no suburb on the licence plate. Their state is clean. You're "one of them" or you're not.

Small minded, maybe. But understandable.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Bit harsh perhaps given the outbreak is concentrated in Melbourne. But understandable that Victoria is on the nose.

A bit harsh!!

They are getting their cars vandalised and getting abused. They live 30 kilometres away, they go shopping there, visit doctors etc, they're neighbours.
I'd call that discrimination, not unlike racial discrimination.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
F**k up by the Andrews government no doubt. He's taken responsibility for it though unlike what happened with the Princess.
Just hope they can get on top of it..
Not sure about that oldie. He seems to be doing plenty of ducking and weaving and hiding behind the "enquiry". I saw a report this morning (can't recall where) that private security is still handling quarantine at the Stamford Hotel; the hotel which has caused most of the outbreak. If that is true that is a disgrace. The military is at Dan's disposal but he seems reluctant to use it? Why?

Reactions: 3 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Not sure about that oldie. He seems to be doing plenty of ducking and weaving and hiding behind the "enquiry". I saw a report this morning (can't recall where) that private security is still handling quarantine at the Stamford Hotel; the hotel which has caused most of the outbreak. If that is true that is a disgrace. The military is at Dan's disposal but he seems reluctant to use it? Why?

On the 7.30 report last night he said he'd taken complete responsibility for the breach & that was why he'd called for an independent enquiry as to how this happened.
I don't recall either of those things happening with the Princess situation. Both State & Federal Gov's passed the buck completely..
He at least has admitted to the screw up. They're now doing all they can to get on top of it. The interview is worth a watch.
Short of resigning for the error I'm not sure what people want. Maybe that's what many want?

Reactions: 1 user

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
On the 7.30 report last night he said he'd taken complete responsibility for the breach & that was why he'd called for an independent enquiry as to how this happened.
I don't recall either of those things happening with the Princess situation. Both State & Federal Gov's passed the buck completely..
He at least has admitted to the screw up. They're now doing all they can to get on top of it. The interview is worth a watch.
Short of resigning for the error I'm not sure what people want. Maybe that's what many want?

We want action. Take out all security guards out of the system and replicate what NSW did.

And who made the decision to go with model?