Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
1500+ dead in the UK in a single day. Keep the bastard out FFS.
It’s the 10-14 day lag behind the spike in cases brought on by Xmas and New Year mixing. Cases are coming down now, so hopefully the deaths will fall in due course as well.

Vaccine rollout should also start to produce a slow down as well soon - hopefully.

Reactions: 2 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Someone posted the analogy online would you use the condom that was 95% effective or 62% effective?

Meanwhile the US broke another single day record overnight of 4,327 deaths..

I think the key has to be age profiles.

I don't think I've seen efficacy of each vaccine by age profile. For example, for under 50's, maybe each has 95% or 99% or 100% efficacy. In that situation, then of course we would vaccinate those groups with the cheaper more easily accessible vaccine.

Particularly with risk being so low in the lower categories, I support using the AZ vaccine there, but to use this in our higher risk groups I'd be more concerned.

The higher efficacy vaccine should be being used on our most at risk groups IMO.

Has anyone seen anything that shows efficacy by age group?

Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Someone posted the analogy online would you use the condom that was 95% effective or 62% effective?

If i could use the 62% effective condom tonight or wait six months for the 92% effective one, I'd probably for the short term gratification

• Haha

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
If i could use the 62% effective condom tonight or wait six months for the 92% effective one, I'd probably for the short term gratification

yeah funny, I was thinking about context too.

if I was 40 with no kids but really wanted them, and having sex with my smoking hot salt of the earth 30 year old soul mate who thought the future of the world was too bleak to bring children into,

I reckon Id be Mr.62% for the evening (with full disclosure, obviously)

plus you're unlikely to end up on a ventilator, gasping for air like a carp on a dusty riverbank, from a franga that cant handle the heat.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Thats what I was thinking but you phrased it better

Reactions: 1 user

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Deaths pass two million.

Meanwhile the Australian Open has been thrown into chaos.

Concerns over the safety of hosting the Australian Open in Melbourne have been further raised after all passengers from a specially chartered flight for the tournament were forced into strict quarantine after two people on board tested positive for COVID.

A leaked email sent by Tennis Australia to all passengers on board flight QR7493 confirmed the news and outlined instructions from the Chief Health Officer that everyone was obliged to isolate and be “confined to their rooms for the 14-day quarantine period”.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...s/news-story/79954405ab54b5cf8c22b9cbc9823587 (paywalled)

Let's see what rules they're prepared to bend here.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Handball World Cup taking place in Egypt right now.
The American team played a practice match against Esbjerg-Ribe in Denmark recently and ended up infecting four of the Danish players.
It later transpired that 18 of the American party were positive.
The Danish club claimed they followed "all current protocols" in holding the match.
Don't ask me if that included making sure the Americans had been tested.
Needless to say, the Americans pulled out of the World Cup.

(Footnote: Handball is huge in Denmark and particularly on the Jutland peninsula, where Esbjerg is).

Sorry that this is in Danish. I can translate if anyone wants it.

DjJazzyPete

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 8, 2014
Nata , Botswana
Getting really bad in this part of the world :(.. many believe the virus brought by white ppl :( and the vaccine cant be trusted because its made by whites :( ) and whites are trying to kill Africans with carona and the vaccine... is being pushed by social media and by opposition parties here .. Also lots of negativity re governments imposing lockdowns , curfews .. opposition parties are very critical .. yep playing politics around this issue rather than helping ( think if they were in power they would do the same thing ).. A alcohol ban in all southern African countries ( Angola, Botswana, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Eswatini, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe.)is very very very very very very unpopular . 1000 ppl plu sare dying a day in South Africa .. 500 new cases a day here ..and countries are going broke .. we rely on diamonds and tourism in Botswana and both are stuffed atm .. Not enough money for most governments here to do large scale vaccinations .. and then a lot of ppl wont take the vaccination believing again though info on facebook its Americans , Europeans ( white ppl ) etc trying to kill them with the vaccine. :confused:

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Just cancel the oz open already
Just staggering decision making from the Victorian government. We’ve had a 3 month lockdown and brought cases down from 700 plus a day to nothing and all but eliminated the virus. Then we had a lapse due to infections in NSW but locked down the state to again bring it under control. Tough decisions made for the greater good but thousands of Victorians stranded interstate and can’t return to their homes. Very hard on them but ultimately for the greater good.

So we have Victorians stranded and unable to return to their own homes. Yet the government decides it’s perfectly fine to allow thousands of people from the worst infected areas in the world to just land on our doorstep. People from Europe and the USA where tens of thousands of people are becoming infected every day. Where thousands of people are dying every day. Yet we let them in but people who actually live here aren’t allowed to cross a river to come home.

It’s close to the most absurd decision I’ve ever witnessed. After all the hard work and tough decisions to get things under control they’ve basically rolling out the red carpet for the 3rd wave. I can not see how this doesn’t escape from hotel quarantine. No way the entitled prima donnas that are international elite athletes will abide by the quarantine protocols. At least some of them will find a way around it and infect a local hotel worker. Then the genie is out of the bottle and we’re all in lockdown again. Geez I hope I’m wrong but this is a recipe for disaster.

Absolutely *smile* unbelievable.

• Angry
Reactions: 10 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Yep nothing short of a dumb decision to have it go ahead. Can only think the international pressure must be huge cause otherwise it makes no sense. Actually it just makes no sense.
I love going to the tennis but this is the first year I won’t be attending. It definitely should have been cancelled.

Reactions: 2 users