Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
yeah I thought that was strange, some results showed up to 90% effectiveness with the reduced dose for the AZ vax.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
The Australian article mentions the possibility that it may not be possible to receive multiple vaccines. I would hate for a vaccine that provides inferior protection to exclude me from later getting a 'good' one.

The government has invested a lot of money on the Astra Zeneca, but first is not necessarily best. Need to slow down a bit and get this right. Ignore pressure from Labor to accelerate the process.

Last edited:

Althom

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 23, 2016
yeah I thought that was strange, some results showed up to 90% effectiveness with the reduced dose for the AZ vax.
Professor Kelly has already cautioned about reading too much into preliminary results but it seems some people just can't help themselves

Reactions: 1 users

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
It's hardly surprising that an Australian should have shares in Australian company CSL.
I have shares in CSL.
Most people with a super fund probably do.
It is drawing a very long bow to suggest that, on the basis of that shareholding, they can influence the opinion of The Australasian Virology Society.

Hence why I said maybe. But he did buy at least some of the shares only 2 months before the agreement on AstraZeneca was announced.

Last edited:

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
chuckled at a Twitter tweet comparing the governments choice of vaccine as being the "fibre to the node" of vaccines.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Althom

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 23, 2016
Hence why I said maybe. But he did buy at least some of the shares only 2 months before the agreement on AstraZeneca was announced.
According to someone on Twitter. I note there's no source quoted.

Althom

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 23, 2016
The best post on that thread?

"you know who else has shares in CSL pretty much everyone via their superfund ..................... this is so absolutely stupid its not funny.
Stop undermining public health with conspiracy bullshit"

Althom

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 23, 2016
He declared CSL purchases in his register of members interests dated 30 June, he had none on his 30 March declaration. Proof is there if you look.
and as I said "It is drawing a very long bow to suggest that, on the basis of that shareholding, they can influence the opinion of The Australasian Virology Society" but carry on with your little conspiracy
If backbenchers buying a few shares influences an independent association of medical professionals then that association is neither independent, professional or worth taking note of

Last edited:

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
and as I said "It is drawing a very long bow to suggest that, on the basis of that shareholding, they can influence the opinion of The Australasian Virology Society" but carry on with your little conspiracy
If backbenchers buying a few shares influences an independent association of medical professionals then that association is neither independent, professional or worth taking note of

Already answered now we're just going around in circles.