Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
This lockdown will last longer than 3 days. its gonna be a long easter in Brisbane.

to be fair, Sutton was on radio yesterday and his message seemed pretty strong to me.

But this is where people need to be on their game. I've travelled 4 times interstate this year, one of which i had to delay by 24 hours because of the 5-day lockdown here. I have couple of family members who are critical of me for doing this. they've told me it’s too risky, you could get stuck up there if there is a case, etc. Especially because my mum is sick. But you’re fine if you’re smart about it.

For example, we first knew about this issue in Brisbane on Friday. People from Brisbane had to leave the footy in Geelong on friday. If you are from Melbourne and still holidaying in Brisbane 4 days later, I have no sympathy for you if you get stuck. I would have been on the first available flight out on Friday.

Yeah I know I heard him. But there should be something from the Vic Gov as well and highlighting that border closure is a distinct possibility - not just a "consider your plans" type message. I agree with your last paragraph but unfortunately there's a lot of dheads out there and you really need to go the full 100 yards in order to get through to some of these morons.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
If so then there should be strong messaging from the Vic Gov and Sutton right now to: a) stay in Victoria and; b) if you're in Qld (and maybe NSW too) to strongly consider getting home right now and mitigate as best as possible any potential post Xmas like type of situation where we had thousands stranded. Not to mention preventing potential spread into Victoria again.....
Absolutely. I'm supposedly holidaying on the Gold Coast a week from today which currently isn't an issue (for now..), as it's not a declared hot spot.
However currently I'm still considering whether to go or not because I'll have a hire car & could get across the NSW border if they give people a few hours to get out.
That said it's a movable feast. At this stage I'm not expecting to be able to fly into Queensland because I don't want to get caught if Victoria snap the border shut. I'll make a final decision in a few days.
Whatever it's going to be an extremely costly mess for tourists, tourism & businesses once again.:(

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Absolutely. I'm supposedly holidaying on the Gold Coast a week from today which currently isn't an issue (for now..), as it's not a declared hot spot.
However currently I'm still considering whether to go or not because I'll have a hire car & could get across the NSW border if they give people a few hours to get out.
That said it's a movable feast. At this stage I'm not expecting to be able to fly into Queensland because I don't want to get caught if Victoria snap the border shut. I'll make a final decision in a few days.
Whatever it's going to be an extremely costly mess for tourists, tourism & businesses once again.:(
it is fortunate businesses can still rely on jobkeeper in these uncertain times.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Vaccination centres are storing some of the vaccine they've received so they'll have a second dose to administer to those who've received the first in case something goes wrong with the supply lines. For this reason the rollout is steadily ramping up rather than jumping straight to full speed.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
One question : When we eventually reach a high proportion of population vaccinated will states continue to close borders as the first response to clusters in other states?

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Reading a few articles that emergency workers are being slow to take up getting the vaccine. Why can’t we mandate you don’t work unless you have the vaccine.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
The Byron Bay Bluesfest shouldn't be going ahead. I love that music festival but they'll be packed in like sardines.

not really. 16,000 outside. Huge site. local acts.

Im ambivalent, but its pretty hard to justify going to the footy with 50k and not allow 16k to watch some music.

reports the 2 nurses who went to Byron attended a hens night and the male 'entertainer' has contracted Covid.

I guess he took his mask off as a finale?

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
not really. 16,000 outside. Huge site. local acts.

Im ambivalent, but its pretty hard to justify going to the footy with 50k and not allow 16k to watch some music.
We weren't able to go to the footy when we had covid cases though. This has the potential to be a mass super-spreader event.
I've been to that music festival many times & depite it being outdoors it's often under large marquees with people singing & dancing in very close proximity.
It'll probably go ahead because it's in Gladys jurisdiction. Should it? Given the uncertainty right now I'd say no as hard as that will be on the artists.

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
We weren't able to go to the footy when we had covid cases though. This has the potential to be a mass super-spreader event.
I've been to that music festival many times & depite it being outdoors it's often under large marquees with people singing & dancing in very close proximity.
It'll probably go ahead because it's in Gladys jurisdiction. Should it? Given the uncertainty right now I'd say no as hard as that will be on the artists.

Yep. And BB has virus exposure in the community. Victoria does not for now (as far as we know.)

Chalk and cheese.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

I hear you and get the POV and I thought the same a few days ago,

but I've changed my mind.

1. there's very few cases and

2. theres no huge acts - it will be relatively sedate

I feel like at some point we need to head back towards normal and now seems the time to start?

my other thought is - has there been any mass super spreader events?

again, I wouldnt be fussed if they canned it - I'm one for the precautionary principle,

but I probably wouldnt if I was in charge.

As an aside, in the local area, we have had what known as The Splender Flu for years.

every year after Splendor in The Grass festival, a horrible cold/flu goes around, attendance at local high schools gos to about 50% for a fortnight, as everyone catches

The Splendor Flu.

which I guess supports your POV.

Yep. And BB has virus exposure in the community. Victoria does not for now (as far as we know.)

Chalk and cheese.

As far as I can tell, Byron has 0 active cases.

Further, Im pretty sure there are no obstacles to me driving from Byron to Richmond on Friday and go to the MCG this Saturday to watch the tigers?

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Going to have to agree to disagree on this one Ezy. I'm a massive supporter of the musicians & that festival. It's a brilliant event as you well know. :)

Even without the big acts though there's too much uncertainty up there now for mine.

With cases & alerts in Byron they should arguably be in lock down like Brisbane is.
Will watch with interest over the coming weeks.
Hopefully they get it under control..

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Going to have to agree to disagree on this one Ezy. I'm a massive supporter of the musicians & that festival. It's a brilliant event as you well know. :)

Even without the big acts though there's too much uncertainty up there now for mine.

With cases & alerts in Byron they should arguably be in lock down like Brisbane is.
Will watch with interest over the coming weeks.
Hopefully they get it under control..

fair enough.

I wouldnt mind if they locked Byron Bay down for 100 years :cool:

FWIW, I reckon you should hit the GC. like you say, you'de get plenty of notice to hightail out of QLD and you're 1/2 an hour from the border