Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I’m not saying the performance will be great. I don’t trust any government to effectively operationalise something quickly now. It’s clearly not their skills set.

But seriously when the plan was based on getting millions of vaccines from overseas that another country blocked what do you want us to do? Go to war.

and extrapolating the current 60k/day number is just stupid.

newspapers sell outrage.
It just goes to show how much of a rabble the Morrison government is.
There was a supply problem of AstraZeneca overseas, resulting in exports of the vaccine to Australia being blocked. The Morrison governments response to the shortage is to blame the states telling them that they "need to pull their fingers out", unbelievable.

Reactions: 1 users

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
From the other side of the world, the Federal v State thing in Australia is much like European countries being governed by the EU.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Superstar
Aug 20, 2005
It just goes to show how much of a rabble the Morrison government is.
There was a supply problem of AstraZeneca overseas, resulting in exports of the vaccine to Australia being blocked. The Morrison governments response to the shortage is to blame the states telling them that they "need to pull their fingers out", unbelievable.

Sure that is deflection. Simpler and more honest messaging would be something like

“supply got blocked and we need to focus our efforts on local production and also alternate vaccine sources. We appreciate the change in supply signals makes it harder for the states to scale up their vaccination resources and we need to work hand in hand to make sure the latest info is available to all so we can accelerate our efforts and improve confidence on the supply side. At the same time we look for the states to be ready and focus their efforts on the highest priority candidates”

won’t happen but a bipartisan and national approach to a national issue would be great. I wouldn’t call *smile* communication shambolic but it’s pretty nauseating and anyone with a brain sees straight through it. I’m in Vic and was more disappointed with Vic government shambolic initial quarantine management and leadership. I guess we all suffer the negative consequences of the democratic political system we have (short term reelection focus leading to spin over substance) and also enjoy its benefits (not living in an authoritarian state).

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
I’m not saying the performance will be great. I don’t trust any government to effectively operationalise something quickly now. It’s clearly not their skills set.

But seriously when the plan was based on getting millions of vaccines from overseas that another country blocked what do you want us to do? Go to war.

and extrapolating the current 60k/day number is just stupid.

newspapers sell outrage.
When the EU blocked the export of the vaccines what was Hunt's response?
"This won't impact the rollout"
He's either completely stupid or an out an out liar or just possibly both.
The fact remains they've overpromised and underdelivered.
There was never a chance that all adults who wanted the vacination would get it by the end of October and for Morrison to state that , once again, the entire country has misinterpreted him just doesn't wash anymore.
It's no wonder people and, surprisingly enough, the LNP biased media are now predicting the worst
Some honesty so people can plan is what is required.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Superstar
Aug 20, 2005
When the EU blocked the export of the vaccines what was Hunt's response?
"This won't impact the rollout"
He's either completely stupid or an out an out liar or just possibly both.
The fact remains they've overpromised and underdelivered.
There was never a chance that all adults who wanted the vacination would get it by the end of October and for Morrison to state that , once again, the entire country has misinterpreted him just doesn't wash anymore.
It's no wonder people and, surprisingly enough, the LNP biased media are now predicting the worst
Some honesty so people can plan is what is required.
I agree honesty from the government and transparency On the risks is what is needed.

I just think extrapolating the current rate of vaccination is scaremongering and disingenuous.

Two wrongs never make a right.

Reactions: 1 user

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
I agree honesty from the government and transparency On the risks is what is needed.

I just think extrapolating the current rate of vaccination is scaremongering and disingenuous.

Two wrongs never make a right.
Agreed it's dumb which is why I stated, on quoting it, that things are probably not that bad.
The surprising thing for me is the source.
Morrison's Government are on the nose even with the press outlets that normally back them no matter what.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
mono-cluster .

well as far as I can yell,

The Byron Bay Blues Cluster of The Highly Contagious Mutant Deadly Mega-Variant,

is a mono-cluster

(note #1: social distancing and hygiene and mask wearing are barely existent here)

(note #2: please forgive my Covid fatigue - I am not a denier, nor even much of a policy response sceptic. just tired and confused. I adhere to the directions and sanitise and wear a mask and will get vaccinated at the first opportunity)

(disclosure: I was contemplating heading along to BluesFest Fri night to watch Briggs rock the house)

this govt is a mono-cluster fck

Morro-cluster fck, perhaps?

Last edited:

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
well as far as I can yell,

The Byron Bay Blues Cluster of The Highly Contagious Mutant Deadly Mega-Variant,

is a mono-cluster

(note #1: social distancing and hygiene and mask wearing are barely existent here)

(note #2: please forgive my Covid fatigue - I am not a denier, nor even much of a policy response sceptic. just tired and confused. I adhere to the directions and sanitise and wear a mask and will get vaccinated at the first opportunity)

(disclosure: I was contemplating heading along to BluesFest Fri night to watch Briggs rock the house)

Morro-cluster fck, perhaps?
it is definitely only one case in thee Byron Shire... a mono-cluster!
i too wear a mask and will gladly walk through a group of Mullum anti-vaxxers with it on ..
the Blues Fest - really feel for the artists who were ready to play!
#morroclusterfck

Jake

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
it is definitely only one case in thee Byron Shire... a mono-cluster!
i too wear a mask and will gladly walk through a group of Mullum anti-vaxxers with it on ..
the Blues Fest - really feel for the artists who were ready to play!
#morroclusterfck
I feel for the promoter, reckon he would of had has head in a whiskey bottle last night.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
On the issue of vaccinations, I know a pharmacist who applied to be a vaccinator in February. He is yet to receive approval and has been told “ there is a delay in approvals”
The other thing that is not being talked about is that when it finally gets ramped up there will be a shortage of nurses in hospitals as agency nurses take shifts vaccinating rather than working in hospitals. That’s one of the reasons why pharmacist vaccinators are very important.

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
Great results out of Queensland today. Zero community cases. Looking like my holiday is still on. :) :)
Another case of the higly infectious UK variant only being highly infectious amongst a bunch of poms huddled together in a two room council flat?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
On the issue of vaccinations, I know a pharmacist who applied to be a vaccinator in February. He is yet to receive approval and has been told “ there is a delay in approvals”
The other thing that is not being talked about is that when it finally gets ramped up there will be a shortage of nurses in hospitals as agency nurses take shifts vaccinating rather than working in hospitals. That’s one of the reasons why pharmacist vaccinators are very important.

I dont get it. I vaccinate cows 100 times a year.

intramuscular, the same as human shoulder vaccinations.

its not rocket science. draw vaccination into needle, stick it in, depress plunger.

the vaccination I use is live and needs cold storage, so I employ state of the art esky technology in conjunction with h20 in solid state

if local farmers weren't prepared to administer them,

check-out attendants at the supermarket could give us all a jab, instead of stupid little plastic toys.

• Haha

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Mar 6, 2004

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I dont get it. I vaccinate cows 100 times a year.

intramuscular, the same as human shoulder vaccinations.

its not rocket science. draw vaccination into needle, stick it in, depress plunger.

the vaccination I use is live and needs cold storage, so I employ state of the art esky technology in conjunction with h20 in solid state

if local farmers weren't prepared to administer them,

check-out attendants at the supermarket could give us all a jab, instead of stupid little plastic toys.
I’ll leave that to the medics experts but remember that it is a multi use vial. Vaccinators are required to go through training. I am not sure what other countries are doing but here it is doctors, nurses and pharmacists.
There is also a requirement to observe people for a period of time after they have the jab and to have medical staff available in case there is an adverse reaction.

Movies >