Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Reports that high risk Chinese are ignoring our travel ban and still getting on planes

Last edited:

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
No. You're gettin your knickers in a twist for the wrong reason. Aussies used to be brilliant at the dark humour, finding a way to hang **** at n laugh in the face of adversity n disaster. Now unfortunately the world is totally fixated with finding reasons to hate, blame n mind **** over everything that happens no matter how large or insignificant.
as is often the case i have no idea what you're are trying to say.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
We still have no data on the age demographics of the victims of this disease.

80% of deaths were people aged 60+
75% had pre-existing health issues such as heart disease or diabetes
I agree generally that concrete information from government(s) is in very short supply, but I wouldn't be putting any store whatever in Twitter rumours.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
There are now 61 confirmed cases on the cruise ship docked at Yokohamain in Japan.
Elderly people normally make up large numbers on cruise ships, which would mean there could be a very high number of fatalities.

Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
‪Coronavirus found on Diamond Princess cruise ship in Japan, with 10 passengers testing positive..

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-02-05/coronavirus-on-cruise-ship-in-japan/11931688?pfmredir=sm via @abcnews‬

Tip of the iceberg.
You can stop flights from China but not the whole world. I honestly can’t see how this will be controlled from coming here.
Matter of time.

A heap more cases on the cruise liner confirmed including several Australians with no end in sight.
Really feel for those stuck on that boat who just went on a holiday. Now a nightmare.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-02-07/spike-of-coronavirus-cases-on-board-cruise-ship/11943302

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
A bit of racism is also starting to build from what I'm seeing/hearing.

szX0uh9.png

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Reactions: 1 user

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Might be my last post ffor a while ... Off to The Glen which is just about the epicentre of Chinese Melbourne. But by all reports I will find it easy to park.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
We're not not allowed to do stuff all anymore. Once upon a time a bloke could let rip with a wolf whistle, and on most occasions the fair maiden wore it as a badge of honour.
I don't know what our World War 1and 2 diggers would think about this loss of freedom of expression, after they fought for our freedom. In fact I do know what they'd think, they'd reckon we're not fair dinkum, true blue Aussies.
I think they were fighting for the freedom to govern ourselves, not to wolf whistle women. Should have asked my grandfathers and dad so I could be more definitive.

Reactions: 1 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
24552/492

3223 critical
907 recovered

The Chinese expert Zhong Nanshan who became famous for his work during the SARS outbreak and holds a lot of trust, predicted on Jan 28 that the virus would peak in 7-10 days. On Feb 2 he changed his forecast to 10-14 days. Will be interesting to see what the numbers are doing the week after next.
Who believes expert predictions anyway?

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
7 new cases in Thailand overnight. Good thing not many Australians visit Thailand..

Cruise ships are dangerous enough for routine things like gastro ... as well as the dangers of being in a confined space with bogans on unlimited drink tabs.

My folks are supposed to be heading on a cruise in a few weeks. I'm not sure that they're looking forward to it right now.