Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
& now we have a breach.
Yep, poor bloke caught it in quarantine.
I'm wondering if he was tested before someone said "Your 14 days are up, off you go"
Given the state the WA Dept of Health is in it wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't tested at all.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Yep, poor bloke caught it in quarantine.
I'm wondering if he was tested before someone said "Your 14 days are up, off you go"
Given the state the WA Dept of Health is in it wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't tested at all.
What about that poor pregnant nurse and her kid, she was vaccinating people over in the UK and isolated for 14 days and also pulled her kid out of school 3 weeks prior to coming back to Perth just to make sure only to be infected in the Perth quarantine hotel by an adjacent infected couple.

I wonder being a nurse ordinarily you would think she would have been vaccinated but seeing she is 6 months pregnant I am guessing she wasn't?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I don't understand how you can have non-vaccinated front line workers. It makes no sense at all.

If they can't or won't be vaccinated, take them away fro the front line.

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
What about that poor pregnant nurse and her kid, she was vaccinating people over in the UK and isolated for 14 days and also pulled her kid out of school 3 weeks prior to coming back to Perth just to make sure only to be infected in the Perth quarantine hotel by an adjacent infected couple.

I wonder being a nurse ordinarily you would think she would have been vaccinated but seeing she is 6 months pregnant I am guessing she wasn't?
The info on that one is a bit unclear. The news reports mention that her husband "previously had the virus". Did he have it on arrival or did he also get infected in the hotel followed by his wife and child? In any case what is clear is that a 30% reduction in flight numbers from India is stupid. The flights should be stopped period.

Reactions: 1 users

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
McGowan holding an Emergency Press Conference. Perth & Peel back in lockdown for at least 3 days.

Last edited:

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
WA gone into a 3 day lockdown - what happens to the dockers v @lolnorf game.

arrrh ..... just give the points to the dockers and avoid the @lolnorf pain
Apparently they have an exemption to play but no crowd.

You'd think the Eagles players will need to be tested and isolated before the Geelong game.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I read the friend is in Perth. Or is there one in Melbourne as well?
No, Perth. Meaning that he was indeed infectious for the 5 days he was moving about in Perth.

He apparently got off the plane in Melbourne wearing a mask so that’s good, however it’s not known yet if either anyone on the plane or anyone exposed to him in Perth might have contracted it and travelled interstate such that Victoria is now also at risk.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Apparently they have an exemption to play but no crowd.

You'd think the Eagles players will need to be tested and isolated before the Geelong game.

You'd think similar to what the Brisbane players had to do (assuming they are already in Victoria). Difficult thing for the fixture is that West Coast play Freo next week, its not a simple of reverse the game against the Victorian team like they did with Collingwood so makes it more difficult, as West Coast need to be back in Victoria the following week to play Hawthorn.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
No, Perth. Meaning that he was indeed infectious for the 5 days he was moving about in Perth.

He apparently got off the plane in Melbourne wearing a mask so that’s good, however it’s not known yet if either anyone on the plane or anyone exposed to him in Perth might have contracted it and travelled interstate such that Victoria is now also at risk.
Yes I think he was notified as soon as he landed and has done the right thing so hopefully it is contained from that perspective.

But as you say who knows who else contracted it in those 5 days in Perth and where they have gone. Not too mention the other plane passengers. We will be lucky if we get out of this without another lockdown.

FFS close the border to India you muppets!!

Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
But as you say who knows who else contracted it in those 5 days in Perth and where they have gone. Not too mention the other plane passengers. We will be lucky if we get out of this without another lockdown.

FFS close the border to India you muppets!!

Email Slo-mo. Ask him about the vaccine rollout while you’re at it and if there’s any chance that the country will be vaccinated by 2030.

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
The worst thing here is that the WA CHO had already decided that the Mecure was unsuitable as a Quarntine Hotel for people coming from high risk areas and should only have been used to quarantine workers coming in from the Pacific Islands.
It was all just a couple of weeks too late.
Finding was made on the 8th but the CHO didn't advise Government until the 14th.
Why it took him a week to pick up the phone and why the investigation wasn't completed when the last room to room spread occurred in January is what I'd like to know.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
The worst thing here is that the WA CHO had already decided that the Mecure was unsuitable as a Quarntine Hotel for people coming from high risk areas and should only have been used to quarantine workers coming in from the Pacific Islands.
It was all just a couple of weeks too late.
Finding was made on the 8th but the CHO didn't advise Government until the 14th.
Why it took him a week to pick up the phone and why the investigation wasn't completed when the last room to room spread occurred in January is what I'd like to know.
Yep.

Bunnerz

Richmond are cool man
Aug 12, 2003
Geelong
Unfortunately India, when getting its 2nd wave a few months ago basically ignored it.
It continued with religious gatherings etc and mass gatherings.

Whilst in 2020, they locked down for 4 months, all wore masks and social distanced.

< Golf | TV shows >