Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015

Only the 1st case over the age of 50 out of 1.1 million jabs, I'm not worried at all and have already had the Astra jab.
If reporting was mandatory on clotting related to other meds for other conditions it would all be put in perspective.
Media creating a scare campaign to be wary of jab it should be the other way around.
We might need a third wave here to wake people up from their complacency.

Reactions: 7 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
I am 3.5 hours into waiting for a covid test at St Vincent's. All because I spent the week in Perth, despite going nowhere near the one case.

The world has gone mad.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I am 3.5 hours into waiting for a covid test at St Vincent's. All because I spent the week in Perth, despite going nowhere near the one case.

The world has gone mad.

Better than a 3 and a half day wait for an ICU bed and respirator.

Reactions: 7 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Virus spreader in Perth was apparently permitted to travel to India for a wedding. That is just batshit insane.

Was under the impression there was no non-essential o/s travel taking place. Why haven’t we stuck with what was working?

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
Virus spreader in Perth was apparently permitted to travel to India for a wedding. That is just batshit insane.

Was under the impression there was no non-essential o/s travel taking place. Why haven’t we stuck with what was working?
and the bloke they infected had just returned from a trip to Shanghai.
It's just plain stupid.
If the Indian couple hadn't been allowed to attend the wedding then this wouldn't have happened at all.
If the Chinese bloke hadn't been allowed to undertake a jaunt to Shanghai then he wouldn't have got infected.
The real unlucky ones are the Australian family who were genuine returnees and copped it.
If you leave then getting back in should become very, very difficult.

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
WA Government -
1. Anyone who left Perth/Peel in the time between when the lockdown was announced and the time it became effective will have to wear a mask when out and about.
2. Wait a minute that's wrong, anyone who left Perth/Peel in the time between when the lockdown was announced and the time it became effective will have to isolate and must not be out and about.
3. Wait a minute that's wrong, anyone who has left Perth/Peel since the 17th must isolate and must not be out and about

Then they wonder why people are confused.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
You want to stop these problems?

Get the bloody vaccine out like was promised.

The USA have vaccinated 200 million and we can barely vaccinate 1 million let alone a decent proportion of the population.

DS

Reactions: 3 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
You want to stop these problems?

Get the bloody vaccine out like was promised.

The USA have vaccinated 200 million and we can barely vaccinate 1 million let alone a decent proportion of the population.

DS
Or just ban entry to anyone who has been in India. Not that hard.

But yeah agree on the vaccine.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Or just ban entry to anyone who has been in India. Not that hard.

But yeah agree on the vaccine.
Patient zero was allowed to attend a wedding in India by the Feds..Meanwhile Perth is in lock down with countless Australians being inconvenienced as they try to prevent the covid problems they have in India.
Unfuckingbelievable!

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Not sure why Australia is so slow to stop travel from countries where the virus is raging.

350,000 new cases in India yesterday.
Most hospital beds have 2 people in them.

That's reported cases. Belief is that there's a lot more than that.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Ultimately the feds have let the country down by not taking responsibility for hotel quarantine from the beginning. Gutless. To me its the most significant threat to life and national security in our lifetime and they opt out? Pissweak.

The slow vaccine rollout and extremely poor communication around it just further confirms their incompetence. Scomo is the lightest of lightweights.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
And yet his approval rating apparently improved in the last couple of weeks???

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Scomo is the lightest of lightweights.

he really is.

if there was a horse race and leaders had to jockey and they were handicapped on intellect, intestinal fortitude, selflessness, and accountability

Morrison would have to binge on altruism for months,

just so he didnt have to carry moral lead in the saddlebag of the bottom weight.

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
Patient zero was allowed to attend a wedding in India by the Feds..Meanwhile Perth is in lock down with countless Australians being inconvenienced as they try to prevent the covid problems they have in India.
Unfuckingbelievable!
Hunt reckons there were "profound humanitarian or compassionate reasons" to allow him to travel
Sounds like BS to me.
What about the profound risk that travel between India and Australia is exposing Australians to?

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Hunt reckons there were "profound humanitarian or compassionate reasons" to allow him to travel
Sounds like BS to me.
What about the profound risk that travel between India and Australia is exposing Australians to?
What???

Profound compassionate grounds in that he couldn't delay his wedding by a year. I know of Aussie couples that were going to be married overseas that have delayed their weddings at a cost to themselves.

There are potentially compassionate grounds for allowing people to leave for funerals etc (especially when there are few other family members) but not in order to get married. Hunt needs to get real with that and accept that was a poor decision.

How many others have we allowed to do this sort of thing?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Sounds like BS to me.

Then let him go, but then he can't come back until the situation is under control and he quarantines for 2 weeks and get's 2 negative covid tests.

I wonder if the man in question is a Liberal donor.