Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

BT Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Nah the doofus said "you have your solar panels on the roof and you can charge your car for free overnight"

Look it up. Im sure sky news will have it. They love him ( sarcasm)

Yeah, agree, not inspiring at all.

To charge a car i hate to think how many batteries youll need. Ive got one(+ panels) last 2 maybe 3 hrs on basic electric use. Tv, lights & fridges.

Sky News was the only place i could find it, and considering how biased they are against the Labor Party, reinforces my point that Albo's quote implied batteries are involved.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Sky News was the only place i could find it, and considering how biased they are against the Labor Party, reinforces my point that Albo's quote implied batteries are involved.
I'm sure he did. But battery technology today would require you to have a lot of solar panels and a lot of batteries to charge your EV every night. More than your average house could have.

BT Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
I'm sure he did. But battery technology today would require you to have a lot of solar panels and a lot of batteries to charge your EV every night. More than your average house could have.

I don't know all that much about battery technology apart from my general perception that capacity is increasing and costs are dropping, making large scale batteries for everyday uses closer to an economical reality. How far away that truly is i don't know, but I give Albo credit for talking about a long-term green energy vision rather than the adaption-to-climate-change rhetoric from our current government.

Judge Albo how you want, but no one should be fooled by Sky News' twisted implications that he somehow doesn't understand the basics of solar-generated electricity, that's clearly not the case.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I'll wait until I can get the Pfizer vaccine, that was the vaccination of choice for ScoMo.............................

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
UK figures show death by blood clots as a result of AZ vaccine: 4 per Million
Deaths by blood clots from Covid-19: 1800 per Million

I'd take the AZ vaccine if it was the only one available today.

Reactions: 2 users

Born_a_Tiger78

Tiger Rookie
Jul 16, 2008

Yeah, but you won't. You are having the Moderna one on Monday.

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Tiger Legend
Feb 3, 2017

how many die from blood clots otherwise?

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
how many die from blood clots otherwise?
yes, who knows? The 48 year old who died evidently had some other underlying health issues.

I'm having the AZ in the next week or so and I am over 50. My risk of blood clots from it would be far less than a young healthy woman making the decision to go on the contraceptive pill.

Reactions: 1 users

Tigers of Old

Proud of our Club.
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Seems to be a bit of transmission going on in hotel quarantine despite people being separated in different rooms. Very hard to contain when it's airborne.
Can't help but feel it's a matter of time before we get another breach with so many returning from OS with infection.

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020
Aug 27, 2003
RFC
Found it in a couple of places. Current technology in batteries ( i have one installed) wont charge a car. Even if he implied tech is not there to do it. False bs claim irrespective. Hate to think how many batteries it would take. Just a crap comment either way imo.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Seems to be a bit of transmission going on in hotel quarantine despite people being separated in different rooms. Very hard to contain when it's airborne.
Can't help but feel it's a matter of time before we get another breach with so many returning from OS with infection.
Spoke to some work colleagues in India. It's quite bad there and they're resigned to being the world's herd immunity trial. The culture there makes it near impossible for people not to mingle closely. The hospitals are struggling. They also said that this strain ripping through them seems to be a lot more contagious than previous ones.

• Sad

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Saw an article today reporting that ScoMo was pleading for over 50s to get the vaccine.

Really?

You incompetent f***, we'd be getting the vaccine if you had organised the vaccination properly.

Total deflection that statement, trying to shift the blame. If he wants to see who to blame he should look in a mirror.

DS

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Spoke to some work colleagues in India. It's quite bad there and they're resigned to being the world's herd immunity trial. The culture there makes it near impossible for people not to mingle closely. The hospitals are struggling. They also said that this strain ripping through them seems to be a lot more contagious than previous ones.
I saw a clip yesterday of two patients lying on the same bed on ventilators. It’s seriously bad

Tigers of Old

Proud of our Club.
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Saw an article today reporting that ScoMo was pleading for over 50s to get the vaccine.

Really?

You incompetent f***, we'd be getting the vaccine if you had organised the vaccination properly.

Total deflection that statement, trying to shift the blame. If he wants to see who to blame he should look in a mirror.

DS
It's a complete ballsup with confuscation & mixed messaging. Almost by design.

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
People cancelling vaccine appoitments due to blood clot concerns so why not throw the programme open to whoever wants to get their jab now?
The "Phases" are in complete disarray so why persist with them?

Reactions: 2 users

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
I'll wait until I can get the Pfizer vaccine, that was the vaccination of choice for ScoMo.............................
I'd guess you'd be waiting until sometime in 2022 then. I'm not convinced that "secured" means anything other than we're somewhere in a queue of indeterminate length.