Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
What???

Profound compassionate grounds in that he couldn't delay his wedding by a year. I know of Aussie couples that were going to be married overseas that have delayed their weddings at a cost to themselves.

There are potentially compassionate grounds for allowing people to leave for funerals etc (especially when there are few other family members) but not in order to get married. Hunt needs to get real with that and accept that was a poor decision.

How many others have we allowed to do this sort of thing?
How many others?
I'm guessing that there's a lot of them.
Our borders aren't closed, far from it.
People coming and going as if nothing has changed- weddings, funerals, sport, family visits.
There are a lot of people still doing FIFO to various nations in Africa but they're generally on extended rosters and can keep isolated on site
The rest probably shouldn't be going at all.

Last edited:

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
Pleased to have made it back to quarantine after being told if we didn't get out of India by tomorrow there was no guarantee we would get back in the foreseeable future.

I don't have the words to describe the horror of the situation in India. I had made some efforts to assist at a hospital and it was as close to a warzone as I'd ever like to be.

If anyone ever tells you this thing is a hoax, or it only impacts the elderly, or the lockdown measures we have taken are an overreaction, or the vaccine is not worth the risks, then ask them how they feel about hospitals where one patient out of five is selected to stay on the little remaining oxygen supply, because they have the best chance of living long enough for some more supply to arrive. Or having to start a fire in a lot behind the hospital to burn corpses 24/7 because the crematory can't cope, only to have to start a second site because of all the bodies arriving that had never even made it to hospital.

We are a very, very lucky country at the moment.
What were you doing there?

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
No I certainly wouldn't choose India for pleasure, I was working on the support staff of an IPL team and was due to be there until May. We got word from Cricket Australia over the weekend that the government is likely to close the gates to India tomorrow and there is no guarantee of when they will be open again, even to the power of the very rich IPL connections and their private jets.

Our organisation made it easy for us by being very generous so me and the Aussie player in the squad were on a flight by 4am Sunday.
Reports today indicating a few of the Aussies over there to play are looking to get out.
Makes sense given the collapse of the Health system
I wonder what will happen to the Olympics?

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Reports today indicating a few of the Aussies over there to play are looking to get out.
Makes sense given the collapse of the Health system
I wonder what will happen to the Olympics?
Olympics are in Japan so should be ok

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Olympics are in Japan so should be ok
?

Japan just declared their 3rd state of emergency due to COVID and have put the Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto and Hyogo regions in lockdown.

Australia really is the world's exception when it comes to COVID

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Fully aware of that. Have you looked at what the infection rate in Japan is doing?

No I hadn't seen that. I see what you mean now. They look like they are on the precipice right now. Either major lockdown or a big wave coming.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
?

Japan just declared their 3rd state of emergency due to COVID and have put the Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto and Hyogo regions in lockdown.

Australia really is the world's exception when it comes to COVID
The Olympics should consider hosting different sports in different countries, eg athletics in one city, swimming somewhere else, football in a 3rd.
feasible?

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I thought I saw a photo of the IPL the other day with a big crowd, I think they need to shut it down for a lockdown period.

I have been to India and it would be near impossible to stop a virus like this in India. Population density and poverty make this a close to impossible task.

I think it is time the rest of the world starting giving India a hand, if not for altruistic reasons then for self preservation. This won't stay inside India's borders. How are the surrounding countries going? Pakistan, Bangladesh, China? India needs help, we could give them equipment and the like we aren't treating many patients, must be something we can do.

DS

Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Given the chaos that is happening all around the world this Government should be doing absolutely everything that they can to protect our borders & our way of life.
I'm far from convinced they are.

Reactions: 3 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Given the chaos that is happening all around the world this Government should be doing absolutely everything that they can to protect our borders & our way of life.
I am sure Morrison is praying as hard as he can.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Between that and the disastrous vaccine roll out, this country - this federal government - is playing with fire right now.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

I wonder if God told #SloMo that His virus will only kill the Evil Ones disciples

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
Plane arrived in Perth on Saturday. 79 passengers on board, 78 of whom had been in India. 5 positive so far and expected to increase significantly. Close the doors!