Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
No crowds at all, being played in empty stadiums but the problem is people are so cricket mad there crowds form in all sorts of other places to see the players.

Yeah, I did wonder, being a pic in the media they likely just grabbed an old picture and ran is as if it was current.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Commercial flights from India suspended until May 15th.

Last edited:

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Ultimately the feds have let the country down by not taking responsibility for hotel quarantine from the beginning. Gutless. To me its the most significant threat to life and national security in our lifetime and they opt out? Pissweak.

The slow vaccine rollout and extremely poor communication around it just further confirms their incompetence. Scomo is the lightest of lightweights.
States just as weak for not pushing back. They pick and choose too.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Situation in India not projected to peak until mid-May. Curve starting to roll over. Not sure whether it's because they've reached their counting capacity.

Qtmaz5j.jpg

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Victorian CHO said yesterday that the numbers reported are more like 2 million cases a day than the 350k officially reported. Terrifying.

Yep it suggests that their testing numbers and deaths numbers are well below what they really are.

This article talks about the situation, scroll to the bottom and there is the following paragraph.

"An investigation by television station NDTV found at least 1,150 extra deaths which were not included in Delhi's official Covid count over the last week. Other investigations have found similar examples of undercounting replicated around the country."

Roughly 20,000 deaths last week. If Delhi has an extra 1,150 deaths, then the real number across the whole country could be around twice the number of deaths than what is being reported, and this is likely to keep increasing with their low levels of available oxygen.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I read 6 months ago that all their Covid case and mortality reporting was rubbish anyway on account of the fact that regionally, there is basically no process for certifying either. Most deaths aren't even reported regionally.

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
Ultimately the feds have let the country down by not taking responsibility for hotel quarantine from the beginning. Gutless. To me its the most significant threat to life and national security in our lifetime and they opt out? Pissweak.

The slow vaccine rollout and extremely poor communication around it just further confirms their incompetence. Scomo is the lightest of lightweights.
Disagree. States & Feds held a national conference to decide how to tackle the whole pandemic & it has work extremely well. Look at how well Aust sits to the rest of the world.
Vic stuff up HQ and had they not, the figures would have been fantastic compared to the world. Ultimately the feds mightve been responsible but the setup in Aust was agreed by all (States & feds but we dont know the full extent why they(Feds) couldn't but the States would know. One snipet that came out recently the army bases werent/arent equipped to cope & States were aware.

Wish that was relayed to us all from the start. Communication failures as mentioned. Agree

States & Feds would have discussed everything on the abilities of the country to manage HQ, border closures &all. You had empty hotels & funds were fed into them to support. States didnt push back. McG imo was completely out of line recently when he knows what he had agreed too from the start & why. I dont get the bs media not asking the right Qs on his statement. McG gets a few cases using a hotel that had similar issues to the Vic one (ventiliation). Sorry dont accept his deflection of his failures too.

Last edited:

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
The State government here in WA are still adding exposure locations to the list of where the Patients 985 and 986 have been and yet they lifted lockdown.
They haven't completed contact tracing for the new sites and yet they lifted lockdown.
Strikes me as a tad strange

• Sad

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
Some interesting stats on international comings and goings in March.

WA now;
3 community infections last weekend - no crowd at the football
3 new community infections this weekend - 45000 at the fottball because it's the Derby
Masks off for 2 days, now masks back on
Complete and utter buffoonery

• Wow

Bunnerz

Richmond are cool man
Aug 12, 2003
Geelong
Does seem strange Althorn.
Presser at midday Vic time, rumour is that if its another 3 today, they will have no crowds or go into lockdown.

The virus has a lot of different strains now, not good.
Not sure the vaccine is the be all and end all.

I predict another very short lockdown in Victoria in a few weeks, covid is in wastewater everywhere (small doses)