Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Just to clear up all the rumours about the vaccines:

First Shot: The microchip is injected and makes it's way to your brain and attaches itself to the primary auditory cortex.
Second Shot: The microchip is activated and you are plugged into "the Gates Network"

To test that activation has occurred, check your mobile phone to see if 5G is enabled.
Is this the true reason the gates are getting divorced?
:))

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Well worth turning on Closed Captioning just to make sure you don't miss what he's singing.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
As an aside I am on the train going to the game. Annoys me the number of people without masks on the train.
Seriously it’s not too hard !!!

Reactions: 2 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
So I had the vaccine yesterday..my experience.

Easy process. Took about 40 minutes overall.
Had fill out documentation & go through potential side effects etc. After the jab I had to sit & wait 15 minutes to see if I had any complications.
Jab itself I didn't even feel. It was just a bit of pressure on my arm. Easiest needle I've ever had.
Have woken up feeling a little off. Bit of a headache, mild sweating in bed (fever?) & a mildly sore arm where I had the injection.
Overall feel pretty normal but like I'm on the verge of getting a little bit sick.

Next jab is in 3 months.

Well worth it.

Reactions: 8 users

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
So I had the vaccine yesterday..my experience.

Easy process. Took about 40 minutes overall.
Had fill out documentation & go through potential side effects etc. After the jab I had to sit & wait 15 minutes to see if I had any complications.
Jab itself I didn't even feel. It was just a bit of pressure on my arm. Easiest needle I've ever had.
Have woken up feeling a little off. Bit of a headache, mild sweating in bed (fever?) & a mildly sore arm where I had the injection.
Overall feel pretty normal but like I'm on the verge of getting a little bit sick.

Next jab is in 3 months.

Well worth it.
Sounds about par for the course. Nausea and the runs quite common in first 24 hours. All good after 48 hours.

Reactions: 1 user

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Someone into baseball statistics said on average there’s been a significant drop off for a week when players get vaccinated.

Have our players been vaccinated yet? If not, I’d consider encouraging them to do it during the bye week just in case their form is slightly affected

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
As an aside I am on the train going to the game. Annoys me the number of people without masks on the train.
Seriously it’s not too hard !!!

Sorry for annoying you! :p I was wearing a mask when we first had community transmission before it was mandated, so for me I choose not to wear it now because the closest community transmission to us is a quarter of the world away, so I feel stupid wearing a mask in this situation. The police have allowed it in the city, so I’ve kept doing it. But that’s not in a crowded train to the footy, so I don’t think I’m making anyone uncomfortable

Last edited:

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Sorry for annoying you! :p I was wearing a mask when we first had community transmission before it was mandated, so for me I choose not to wear it now because the closest community transmission to us is a quarter of the world away, so I feel stupid wearing a mask in this situation. The police have allowed it in the city, so I’ve kept doing it. But that’s not in a crowded train to the footy, so I don’t think I’m making anyone uncomfortable
I am talking about on the train and there are signs up all over the stations and in the trains.

Reactions: 1 user

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
Wear a mask.

It's not that hard.

Reactions: 3 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Death toll will pass 3.3 million overnight. When you consider the Great War claimed 9.6 million soldiers in four and a quarter years, the virus is roughly on par (probably ahead given the counting limits in some countries), although the war's toll was felt more keenly as the victims were mostly young.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Death toll will pass 3.3 million overnight. When you consider the Great War claimed 9.6 million soldiers in four and a quarter years, the virus is roughly on par (probably ahead given the counting limits in some countries), although the war's toll was felt more keenly as the victims were mostly young.
Compare that with the Spanish flu. think I remember reading that was something like 50 million deaths and 500 million people infected over 2-3 years?
Staggering really

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Compare that with the Spanish flu. think I remember reading that was something like 50 million deaths and 500 million people infected over 2-3 years?
Staggering really

Yep, post WWI flu was much worse, different times and a lot of people moving around after WWI made it a lot worse. There were a few waves of that flu too and I think the second was the worst. We are not past this yet although vaccination holds out hope of getting it under control.

DS

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Yep, post WWI flu was much worse, different times and a lot of people moving around after WWI made it a lot worse. There were a few waves of that flu too and I think the second was the worst. We are not past this yet although vaccination holds out hope of getting it under control.

DS
I was at a function on the weekend where someone was still spouting herd immunity. I bit my tongue and moved away because it wasn’t someone I know well.
Herd immunity is working well in India and Brazil isn’t it? ....Can’t believe there are those who still think it’s somehow better

Last edited:

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
One of my good mates still thinks it's 'just the flu'. :oops:
Andrew Bolt ? Steve Price ? (Bloke’s an ahole. Saw him in the Richmond Superstore just after restrictions had been lifted. You needed to wear a face mask in there. Signs everywhere. Staff all wearing them. Every customer wearing one. Guess who wasn’t ?)

• Angry