Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Because for you everything is about WACISM

Its that were you hate everyone from WA?

im a bit WACIST,

although some of my favourite footballers are from there.

I suppose I dont mind people from WA, as long as they dont try anything on me

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
You wait until they're refused things like insurance, travel & hospital cover..

Previous Covid Free Taiwan pretty much same population as Australia now in lockdown, (not to mention Singapore).
Just get vaccinated!
Stuff the anti-vaxxers.

Reactions: 1 users

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
It's rampant everywhere, not just India. But there are mechanisms in place to verify certificates. Indian airlines have implemented these measures already.

Racism? I haven't mentioned race or racism in any of my posts. More made up *smile*?
As another poster stated you you always turn all comments on here into a race debate

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
As another poster stated you you always turn all comments on here into a race debate
Show me where I turned it into a race debate, either this discussion or with poshman who made the accusation you're referring too. Please, I'd like to see it.

But I see you're conceded "extremely good chance" that they just bought a negative cert was made up *smile*.

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
Show me where I turned it into a race debate, either this discussion or with poshman who made the accusation you're referring too. Please, I'd like to see it.

But I see you're conceded "extremely good chance" that they just bought a negative cert was made up *smile*.
Conceded what/where?
There's an extremely good chance that those claiming to have a negative test a couple of hours after they were booted did indeed buy a Negative Cert.
You've admitted yourself it's rampant
You're making up *smile* on the run dude.
Anything to justify your stance that no matter what the Government does it's wrong.
Well in this case the decision was made by Qantas, out of an abundance of caution and concern for the Australian public.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Conceded what/where?
There's an extremely good chance that those claiming to have a negative test a couple of hours after they were booted did indeed buy a Negative Cert.

I pretty much gave you the reasons why it's not extremely likely (see below) but all you could reply with was an accusation of bringing racism into the discussion. So again, where did I introduce race? What made you think I turned this into a race debate? Or that just more made up *smile* ?

Not sure that stands up at all. They found out on Friday. News came out Sunday. Plenty of time for a test. I'd also assume there was some verification of the second tests which is what triggered the background check on the discredited lab. And finally, they still need to have another test of the Governments chosen lab before they can board.

So, in summary, most likely just made up *smile* to paint as negative a light as possible on those Australians trying to get back home.

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
Conceded what/where?
Anything to justify your stance that no matter what the Government does it's wrong.
Well in this case the decision was made by Qantas, out of an abundance of caution and concern for the Australian public.

Given you are seemingly in Fortress Australia, I’ll tell you what is common in the rest of the world: you are travelling, you get a test X hours before travel, you get on the beers or go on a family hug-a-thon, you get the virus, you get your negative test result back, you try or do travel and then you test positive.

Bogus tests I’m sure are an issue but there can be other legitimate reasons for negatives becoming positive.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
So this unaccredited testing company. Baloo do you believe all the negative tests were accurate but all the positive tests were false?

Or in a country where the disease is rampart these 150 Aussices all had a force shield that made them immune?

Are you advocating there should be no testing before boarding from anywhere or just in India whilst the crisis is at its peak and stranded Aussies are at highest risk?

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Conceded what/where?
I lived in India for several years. Down by the Bombay PO there was a street where you could buy or have replicated any document you wanted. (There were also street typists where those who were illiterate could dictate letters - India is the real world version of air tasker)

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
So this unaccredited testing company. Baloo do you believe all the negative tests were accurate but all the positive tests were false?

Or in a country where the disease is rampart these 150 Aussices all had a force shield that made them immune?

I'd be pretty silly to think any of that. Just as I'd be pretty silly to believe the opposite. I know what you and everyone else knows and draw my conclusions from that.

What we know is that 3 have come back after retests as negative. Not 150 or 70, only three. There was enough evidence for the government to investigate the testing lab they use to find they had been discredited. Something the government would have hated admitting, but had too.

Are you advocating there should be no testing before boarding from anywhere or just in India whilst the crisis is at its peak and stranded Aussies are at highest risk?
Where, in any of my posts, did you get the impression that's what I am advocating for? Again, that would be pretty stupid of me to suggest.

Last edited:

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Where, in any of my posts, did you get the impression that's what I am advocating for? Again, that would be pretty stupid of me to suggest.
You seemed to suggest kicking those people with negative tests off the flight was wrong? Should they be flying infected people back on the same flights as uninfected?

Or is it simply they need to find an authorised/accredited testing centre and trust the testing is authentic?

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
You seemed to suggest kicking those people with negative tests off the flight was wrong? Should they be flying infected people back on the same flights as uninfected?

Or is it simply they need to find an authorised/accredited testing centre and trust the testing is authentic?
I wonder what the (True) death rate for those infected by Covid is in India as opposed to Australia? And if it was considerably higher would that effect our response?

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Sounds as though his 'white privilege' might've got him bumped for an Indian-born who was prepared to pay extra.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
how does it sound like that?
the plane flew at less than 50% capacity because those who tested "positive" werent replaced.
Fair enough. I got that impression from the comment near the end, "there are reports of negligence and fraudulence". I took it to mean the author was hinting at corruption without making an outright accusation.