Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I read the whole article but can't see anywhere where that conclusion is drawn, hinted or mentioned. Did you read it?
Explained above. I didn't read it closely enough to note that the positives weren't replaced on the flight. Travellers stuck in India are not high on my list of concerns; I have greater sympathy for Indian nationals and have donated accordingly.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Explained above. I didn't read it closely enough to note that the positives weren't replaced on the flight. Travellers stuck in India are not high on my list of concerns; I have greater sympathy for Indian nationals and have donated accordingly.
But your first thought was that it was race related? And people accuse me of playing the race card...

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Given you are seemingly in Fortress Australia, I’ll tell you what is common in the rest of the world: you are travelling, you get a test X hours before travel, you get on the beers or go on a family hug-a-thon, you get the virus, you get your negative test result back, you try or do travel and then you test positive.
Why would one be so reckless? Surely those in countries where the virus is raging would have more concern for their own and their families welfare than to be so laissez faire??

Or is learning to live with the virus accepting there will be casualties and you are conditioned to accept them?

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I wonder what the (True) death rate for those infected by Covid is in India as opposed to Australia? And if it was considerably higher would that effect our response?
It would have to be higher given the lack of beds/supplies etc?

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Officially it's lower than UK and US. But there's a general belief that the true numbers of infections and deaths is higher so it's difficult to know the true impact.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Well I had my jab this morning. I was surprised by how light it was, no need for even a bandaid. Now the wait for side effects begins.

Reactions: 1 users

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
Had my AZ vac last week. At Southbank.
Painless. No one much there. Clearly media scare tactics have had an effect. Also the location
is not suitable for people not in the city.
Mild headache for a day. Nothing else.
Zero reason to not be vaccinated.
Would be lovely if the whole country was covered and no one else here died from this terrible illness.
How nice it would be to return to normality.
Anyway, I long ago gave up on human reasoning.

Back to the Tigers...would love us to beat Lions and start the roll then to the finals.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Im sure it is. I dont have an opinion on people returning from India (other than Morrison and co have done the wrong thing). I dont believe it is right to dismiss them all as "travellers" who shouldnt be there, but I also get the need to try to reduce the likelihood of the virus returning to the community in Australia.

but if the death rate was 100% in India would it be right to leave infected Australians there? if it was 90%? 50%? i dont know the answer but i think it is a relevant question.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
SlowMo from marketing

Tell you what, surely there's an opportunity for you here ToO-ba ?

Watching ABC 7 News from NYC, they have all these ads etc promoting vaccination. Professional sports teams are promoting the need to get vaccinated amongst their fans ....and so on. Workplace promotion. The Americans are all over it.

Reactions: 1 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
do you class the journo, who is doing an important job helping ensure the world knows what is happening in India, as a "traveller'?

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Im sure it is. I dont have an opinion on people returning from India (other than Morrison and co have done the wrong thing). I dont believe it is right to dismiss them all as "travellers" who shouldnt be there, but I also get the need to try to reduce the likelihood of the virus returning to the community in Australia.

but if the death rate was 100% in India would it be right to leave infected Australians there? if it was 90%? 50%? i dont know the answer but i think it is a relevant question.

I get what you are saying. I hear the case of the Australian guy who died over there, went over in April for "family matters", now that could mean anything, but surely he was aware cases were spiking and took the risk by going there.

I always tend to look at it from my personal perspective. Pretty much my entire family live in the UK, I have no idea when I'll see them next, if one of my family members unfortunately died then I wouldn't be going back, not for this instance around the risk of the virus, but the risk of getting back. If I go with my kids, I'm risking their education, if I go by myself, I'm risking my job and the ability that I can see my kids. Same questions come around my brothers wedding, he will be getting married Easter next year, chose the date because of me but if the situation doesn't change then I won't be going. Its bloody hard living in a country and not seeing your family from another. I know I've not seen them for long periods (like 12 months etc) but its not actually the not seeing them thats hard, its the not knowing when you will next see them thats hard.

I don't get the rhetoric that the government has "blood on their hands" (and not saying thats your view as I don't know if it is) but I do think everyone should take responsibility for their own actions, and travelling overseas in a pandemic carries significant risk, of either the virus, or struggling to return home.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
do you class the journo, who is doing an important job helping ensure the world knows what is happening in India, as a "traveller'?

If sent by his employer then for me its on the employer and they should spend whatever it takes to get him home.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I get what you are saying. I hear the case of the Australian guy who died over there, went over in April for "family matters", now that could mean anything, but surely he was aware cases were spiking and took the risk by going there.
Went for a funeral apparently.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Went for a funeral apparently.

Its obviously very sad (both for his family member that died, and also for the Australians life), but its not the governments fault as some media outlets are pushing.

As I've said, if I had that choice, I unfortunately wouldn't be going. That doesn't mean I don't love my family, just that the risks of leaving at this stage are too great.