Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
The lack of transparency on the decision making processes and criteria does my head in. A good opposition should be able to ask for this. What is the trade off of lives vs business impact we make - this is real stuff that happens every day in everything we do - consciously or unconsciously. Yeah it will get politicised but so what.

we need the same signposting on vaccine rollout too. I.e. subject to virus reproducibility / resistance to vaccine not changing this type of movement freedom will be changed at 70%, 80% etc etc.

I’ve had enough of make it up as we go now. That was fair enough last year but no longer.

Any credible opposition at federal or state level would make me vote the other way. Without a different political system the same dross will rise to the ‘top’ though.

Part of the problem Roar is that often we don't know the answers to these questions even now. People will be writing papers on what was the best strategy or not for the next 20 years I reckon.

Reactions: 1 user

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
Part of the problem Roar is that often we don't know the answers to these questions even now. People will be writing papers on what was the best strategy or not for the next 20 years I reckon.
I get that but would be good to be brought on the journey. Change management 101.

Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
The UK really shows the spike of Delta, cases up.

1623650204903.png

Daily deaths almost zero in the UK though. Deaths is a lagging indicator after cases of course so you might see a spike there in a week.

1623650254012.png

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
its correct, trust me.
No crowds again. Game in Geelong should have at least 50% capacity. Our health department either can’t trust themselves to manage or they are power hungry. Rest of Australia laughing at us again.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
The UK really shows the spike of Delta, cases up.

View attachment 12588

Daily deaths almost zero in the UK though. Deaths is a lagging indicator after cases of course so you might see a spike there in a week.

View attachment 12589

Whether deaths rise after the rise in cases, given their vaccination numbers, will be revealing. Hopefully the deaths stay down as a result of increased resistance from the vaccine. We'll learn from this.

DS

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
zero cases today.

No crowds again. Game in Geelong should have at least 50% capacity. Our health department either can’t trust themselves to manage or they are power hungry. Rest of Australia laughing at us again.

As of last week my mail was correct. and it still may be correct. the AFL have jumped too early on relocating games.

And what you said about about brothels is incorrect. they are closed. But that never stops people from spreading misinformation.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
zero cases today.

As of last week my mail was correct. and it still may be correct. the AFL have jumped too early on relocating games.

And what you said about about brothels is incorrect. they are closed. But that never stops people from spreading misinformation.
Zero is a great result.

Far be it for me to defend the AFL but I'm not sure they had much choice. The VIC health authorities are being extremely conservative and will not allow crowds at games in Melbourne this weekend. Their stated preference is to have game splayed in front of crowds; that said Geethrow (SHocking) has pulled rank and their game will be played at a crowdless bowling alley on Friday night :rolleyes:

Hopefully the health authorities loosen the vice like grip on the rounds in time for us to watch the Tigers and Saints the following weekend.

Reactions: 1 user

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
Heading out to work but if anyone with access to figures can confirm something I heard.

With Covoid, there has only been 3 positive cases obtained in Aust?? or Vic? this year from outside transmission. All the other cases have been indoors.

That being the case why are the mask still mandatory outdoors especially with so many days on no new community transmissions (external too)

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Public support at an all time low for Victoria. Masks outdoor, inconsistent rules, mixed messages, vaccine roll out issues and locked down.

State feels rudderless and policy on the run from day to day. Never seen morale lower amongst the general public.

Reactions: 2 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Will #ScottyTheChildAbuser be quarantining upon his return from the UK?
With his personal photographer. Might pretend to build something. Probably put a cap on and be photographed watching footy with a beer. I'll probably vote for him, seems just like me. Such a daggy dad. He's having a go. The ABC's just biased. The ALP are commies and can't run an economy.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
With his personal photographer. Might pretend to build something. Probably put a cap on and be photographed watching footy with a beer. I'll probably vote for him, seems just like me. Such a daggy dad. He's having a go. The ABC's just biased. The ALP are commies and can't run an economy.
I'm with you Spook!

I love for my leaders to be able to sit in a truck, giving a big thumbs up to their personal media entourage! And don't even get me started on the high-viz vests!!!

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
FFS. Outbreak now at Southbank apartment complex. Authorities worried about spread.
We're *smile* cursed in this state. Might be time to pack up and leave. I'm a proud Victorian and have never said that before but the last 18 months has really given me the *smile*.

This may well be enough to send us into another lockdown. No other state in Australia has experienced anything like we have in Victoria. They get a couple of cases and it disappears. Even the northern beaches outbreak in Sydney was controlled pretty quickly and localised so that the whole *smile* city didn't get locked down.

We are obviously doing something very wrong in Melbourne.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users