Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
No doubt morale is down across the board in Victoria. Everyone is over the lockdowns now.

In other news we've paused walk in pfizer vaccines due to supply issues as demand has now outstripped supply.
Most Victorians are trying desperately to get out of this mess by getting vaccinated as quickly as possible.
Heard that & Feds have sent another 50K of doses of Phizer this week.

Reactions: 1 user

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
The 2nd case in there tested positive on Saturday and triggered the lockdown of the complex. The first case was an aged care worker who lived in the complex in a townhouse so it looks like they didn't consider transmission in the complex from that first case likely probably because the townhouses are quite separate. Maybe another indication how infectious this strain is.

the address of the complex is 68 Wells St. My Mate lives in an apartment at 88 Wells St and I lived in an apartment at 38 Wells St for a short period over 20 years ago. So I know the layout reasonably well. and you're right, they are somewhat spread out for an apartment complex. it’s an older complex and much bigger than the dogboxes they build nowadays. But there is a large communal area in the middle. Number 38 has a garden, BBQ area and gym, so I’m sure 68 will have something similar.

I have no clue if these allegations have any substance but backgrounding those officials making tough decisions affecting businesses is an indication that the gloves are off & the pressure is well & truly on…

I think the Murdoch Media asking questions about deceased estates is disgusting and Foley did really well to stay calm. Moreover, why don’t they ever ask questions about Sharma’s (and other Liberal party reps) shares in AstraZeneca? Is that not a conflict of interest? Or what about Angus Taylor and Watergate?

3 new local cases in past 24 hours (to go with the two announced yesterday.) All linked.

very frustrating. We are all well and truly over this.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
TODAY.jpg

Probably a bit more than what I was expecting tbh. I'm reasonably happy. I can travel to the peninsula this weekend and go to the gym on friday.

The interesting tidbit is 7,000 at the footy in Geelong on Friday night. Seeing that Kardinia Park holds 36,000, 7,000 equates to 20%. That might well be the guide for Richmond v St Kilda next week. It looks like we will be back to ballots.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
View attachment 12602

Probably a bit more than what I was expecting tbh. I'm reasonably happy. I can travel to the peninsula this weekend and go to the gym on friday.

The interesting tidbit is 7,000 at the footy in Geelong on Friday night. Seeing that Kardinia Park holds 36,000, 7,000 equates to 20%. That might well be the guide for Richmond v St Kilda next week. It looks like we will be back to ballots.
Never seen a government as pedantic as this. 20%.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
There’s a reasonable possibility that the virus is still out there circulating and some experts are concerned that we’re going too quick with this and there’s subsequently a real risk of us going right back to square one again.

20% is risky enough. Maybe too risky. We’ll see.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
There’s a reasonable possibility that the virus is still out there circulating and some experts are concerned that we’re going too quick with this and there’s subsequently a real risk of us going right back to square one again.

Regional Victoria has no cases, so I would be arguing for full capacity to all Geelong and Bulldog members who live in regional Victoria. A Geelong member from Portland, Mildura, Warrnambool etc isn’t able to go the game what purpose does this serve? Too many silly rules.

NSW handles it much better as they are prepared to snap back, after a lockdown.

In regional Victoria, 300 people can go to church on a Sunday. But if the same church is doing a funeral only 100 can attend. If someone chooses to get married in the church 50 people can attend. Explain the logic in that?

This is another pure example of why no one is respecting the rules. The last 2 times I have pulled up for petrol I have been the only customer wearing a mask. 3 other customers haven’t bothered. If it’s so important to still wear the masks in regional Victoria release the medical advice behind the decisions. As all I see is incompetent public servants feathering their own nests in their own bubbles.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Regional Victoria has no cases, so I would be arguing for full capacity to all Geelong and Bulldog members who live in regional Victoria. A Geelong member from Portland, Mildura, Warrnambool etc isn’t able to go the game what purpose does this serve? Too many silly rules.

In regional Victoria, 300 people can go to church on a Sunday. But if the same church is doing a funeral only 100 can attend. If someone chooses to get married in the church 50 people can attend. Explain the logic in that?

This is another pure example of why no one is respecting the rules. The last 2 times I have pulled up for petrol I have been the only customer wearing a mask. 3 other customers haven’t bothered. If it’s so important to still wear the masks in regional Victoria release the medical advice behind the decisions. As all I see is incompetent public servants feathering their own nests in their own bubbles.
There’s definitely some inconsistent rules. No doubt.

But otherwise, there’s confirmed cases out there with extensive community exposure periods and where it’s yet to be identified exactly where and what they’ve been to, either metro or regional.

NSW ? Have they had multiple Delta clusters have they ?

I’ll trust the experts around what restrictions they think need to be in place and not succumb to those who’d have us incur a potential disaster in an unvaccinated state and nation. Those people would be the first to point the finger at the Victorian government for releasing restrictions too early if that were to happen. You could 110% guarantee it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

There's always a virus circulating in the Geelong region.....

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Too many silly rules.

Explain this one to me.
It’s my elderly mum’s birthday on Saturday. As I read the rules, my sister, her family and myself aren’t allowed to go to her house to celebrate it together, but we can take her and my dad out to a restaurant to celebrate it, amongst up to 70 strangers.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
On gyms how does the 10 group max / 50 total. rule work?
In the days I went just turned up did stepper then a weights regime.... People coming and going, jumping onto a bench as soon as some jumps off etc... There weren't "groups" as such. (Spin classes etc yes they can be grouped, is spin still a thing?)

And the Muscle City near me has about 100 cars out the front in normal times... that's a lot people who won't get a workout this week.
Explain this one to me.
It’s my elderly mum’s birthday on Saturday. As I read the rules, my sister, her family and myself aren’t allowed to go to her house to celebrate it together, but we can take her and my dad out to a restaurant to celebrate it, amongst up to 70 strangers.
But in a restaurant you are under the stewardship of the restaurant proprietor who,has to ensure space restrictions are observed, at home it's proven that you get too close to your beloved and don't QR code so contract tracing becomes protracted. That is how I understand the rationale.
Luckily you aren't celebrating at a ski resort near you as everyone is required to have COVId test and a negative result before arriving. (Up to 25,000 people on a weekend can visit alpine resorts...hopefully testing centres are prepared every Wednesday.)

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
what chance We fans can get to Qld for the Suns game? Entering 4th week of restrictions in the 7 day circuit breaker I am worried Anna may not drop the wall in two weeks.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Zero cases today.

Have to say I agree. Geelong haven't had a case since October I believe. If no one from Melbourne is admitted, then I can't see why it can't be at least 50%.

2nd case now in the Gold Standard state..

nothing to see here. :rolleyes:

what chance We fans can get to Qld for the Suns game? Entering 4th week of restrictions in the 7 day circuit breaker I am worried Anna may not drop the wall in two weeks.

I would go with a tentative yes. the 5 day lockdown we had in February (feb 13-17), QLD reopened borders to VIC on Feb 26. Assuming trends continue, I'll be very surprised in SA, TAS and QLD haven’t reopened by the end of the month at the latest. SA have just opened to regional Victoria. If they are consistent, they will open to Melbourne next week.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
My question about the 20% at Kardinia Park is whether they will all be seated in one part of the ground. If so, why? Space them out if you have such a small crowd. I know it means less people to trace but still, it seems silly to restrict crowd numbers and then shove them all close together in one part of the ground.

DS

Bunnerz

Richmond are cool man
Aug 12, 2003
Geelong

Interesting you say that, Im in Warrnambool and only the last 3 or 4 days have i notice people basically not giving a F ***(masks)
I too went to get fuel, must admit i wasnt going to mask up either, but i did in the end.
Then the guy behind me walks in unmasked.
Yells out to the attendant who was about to tell him to mask up.."Dont ask me, dont ask me, IM NOT WEARING IT, IM OVER IT!"
He paid for fuel and left.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
As someone that's had to wear masks inside and out, and have been in some form of lockdown for the last 16months, I really don't know what you guys are complaining about

Reactions: 3 users