Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
2nd case now in the Gold Standard state..

Let's see how NSW much vaunted contact tracers, (and rightly so), go and if they can avoid extended lockdowns unlike Victoria who are in our 4th.

NSW has been relatively good to other States in keeping their borders open and also taking in a higher number of returned travelers as they are more confident in their systems than Victoria.

Hopefully they succeed.

Reactions: 3 users

Wildride

Tiger Superstar
Sep 6, 2006
Brisbane
Two extra cases in Sydney after the cutoff for yesterday, one might be a false positive but the other has seemed to be infected through an exposure site and is not a close contact of the original case and their partner.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
As someone that's had to wear masks inside and out, and have been in some form of lockdown for the last 16months, I really don't know what you guys are complaining about

Western entitlement.

I know Singapore's not a developing country, but it has that strong social cohesion that most Asian countries have. In developing countries like Indonesia people expect bad things to happen, and they do. So when bad things happen people deal with it without self-pity or bullsh1t. People wear masks and don't b1tch about it.

In lucky countries like Australia it's all about me me me... my freedoms are affected, I don't care about what I do affecting others. Generalisation but this is what I've observed, and I know most people here just suck it up and get on with it.

Reactions: 4 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
what chance We fans can get to Qld for the Suns game? Entering 4th week of restrictions in the 7 day circuit breaker I am worried Anna may not drop the wall in two weeks.

Apparently QLD have extended the border closure with VIC for another week. Hopefully it is lifted after that. I am going to North QLD myself in 6 weeks.

Two extra cases in Sydney after the cutoff for yesterday, one might be a false positive but the other has seemed to be infected through an exposure site and is not a close contact of the original case and their partner.

so is this potentially 4 cases?

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Last edited:

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Reactions: 7 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Yep will only make people more hesitant, as for me FULLY vaccinated with AZ as of yesterday and mighty happy to be so.
I'm not due my second AZ until the end of August. The CMO says that anyone who has the first AZ without any clotting issue can go ahead and have the 2nd shot with full confidence. I have no concerns at this stage.

But it will make the already treacle like vaccination program even slower. It's a problem when the vast majority of the population are advised not to be vaccinated with the most available vaccine. We don't have enough Pfizer and Novavax is months away from reports.

Reactions: 4 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015

Just another operational error from our Victorian health system:

Healthcare workers in isolation after nurse worked across two hospitals while infectious​

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Got my second AZ shot tomorrow. Hopefully its smart enough to recognise its now my left foot that needs to drop off and so I can get back in balance.

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I'm not due my second AZ until the end of August. The CMO says that anyone who has the first AZ without any clotting issue can go ahead and have the 2nd shot with full confidence. I have no concerns at this stage.

But it will make the already treacle like vaccination program even slower. It's a problem when the vast majority of the population are advised not to be vaccinated with the most available vaccine. We don't have enough Pfizer and Novavax is months away from reports.

My understanding is that the clotting issue is something that happens after the first shot. About 3.5 weeks ago for me so likely in the clear. If you have had the first AZ shot then the second is very unlikely to cause an issue.

I'll be getting it late August.

Somehow I suspect that we will get Pfizer or Novavax maybe next year as a booster once the rest of the population have got their shot. But this will be a long time since the supplies are deficient.

DS

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

Me too, had the one, no problems getting the next.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I was listening to a very hesitant Covid Vaxer today, pondering the risks associated with AZ,

while they were sucking on a ciggy.

Winny Blue I think it was?

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I was listening to a very hesitant Covid Vaxer today, pondering the risks associated with AZ,

while they were sucking on a ciggy.

Winny Blue I think it was?
Yes I'm not sure of the exact odds but at a guess I reckon you'd be something like 1000 times more likely to cark it from sucking down Winnie Blues for 20 plus years than an AZ vaccine injection.

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
Listening to a show last night on Sky, forget the lady's name she was hesitant to get the AZ shot it had affected a number of women in their early 50s. A few hospitalised. Then the reports came out today. ( think in WA)

Wife took a day off work when she got her 1st shot. It took 2 days of chills, headaches to go away. Now all good so far. Mid next mth is my 2nd hit of AZ.

Heard this morning too from a study just released Pfizer was 95% good against new strains of Covoid, AZ got 92%. Pleasing to hear.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Listening to a show last night on Sky, forget the lady's name she was hesitant to get the AZ shot it had affected a number of women in their early 50s. A few hospitalised. Then the reports came out today. ( think in WA)

Wife took a day of work when she git her 1st shot. Took 2 days of chills, headaches to go away. Now all good so far. Mid next mth is my 2nd hit of AZ.

Heard this morning too from a study just released Pfizer was 95% good against new strains of Covoid, AZ got 92%. Pleasing to hear.
I felt like I had a mild cold the day after I got AZ. Next day no problem at all.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I don't need a phone holder in the car anymore because my mobile just sticks to my chest