Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Aah, so we ask an astro-physicist about the virus, no worries, I presume if you want to design and build a rocket you would ask an epidemiologist?

The Murdochian seems to be doubling down on a few things at the moment, click bait rubbish, no wonder I never waste my time reading that crap.

DS

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
As I've said for the last year or more, the lab leak theory remains a possibility.
1_hiEQsKl9eCqT_ltZ1n8Wbg.png

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Aah, so we ask an astro-physicist about the virus, no worries, I presume if you want to design and build a rocket you would ask an epidemiologist?

The Murdochian seems to be doubling down on a few things at the moment, click bait rubbish, no wonder I never waste my time reading that crap.

DS
Well we do have Dave Hughes, Andrew Bogut, Dane Swan and Rita Panahi as our COVID experts so makes sense.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I used to never miss The Daily Show when Stewart hosted. Trevor Noah just ain't funny. Colbert was better when he was a satirical conservative caricature rather a conservative Catholic centre-right liberal sycophantic talk show host.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I used to never miss The Daily Show when Stewart hosted. Trevor Noah just ain't funny. Colbert was better when he was a satirical conservative caricature rather a conservative Catholic centre-right liberal sycophantic talk show host.

Last Week Tonight with John Oliver is the only one of those shows I watch these days.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Sometimes what starts off as a crazy idea (round earth / sun is centre of solar system) become facts over time….. let’s wait and see how it plays out even if it isn’t the lead case.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Sometimes what starts off as a crazy idea (round earth / sun is centre of solar system) become facts over time….. let’s wait and see how it plays out even if it isn’t the lead case.

True. Trump claiming the election was rigged and that the result should be overturned is now fact for many people

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Jab second hour agoo…problems no…seems arm is missing…all good… big elephants on road. Very big. Get jabbed every one…good.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
'This is the vaccine to be selfish about’ (paywalled)

Queensland’s chief health officer Jeannette Young has told Australians hesitant about getting the coronavirus jab that “this is the vaccine to be selfish about”.

Advice was changed this week recommending the AstraZeneca vaccine only be given to those aged 60 over.

Dr Young said she was “always worried about vaccine hesitancy” and reasoned that getting the jab is more about saving yourself than stopping virus spread.

“Normally I talk about vaccination as being a community responsibility, you’re getting vaccinated to protect other people … that’s not really the case here, you’re getting protected to save your own life,” she said.

“We know that if you personally are vaccinated, you are very, very, very unlikely to die from getting a COVID infection, but you can still pass it on to other people.

“That’s why being vaccinated isn’t enough to stop the requirement for quarantine.”

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Can someone explain this to me.
How come when the rest of us were only allowed to travel a maximum of 25 km from home, was the CHO in Canberra attending a “work dinner” awards night?

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Can someone explain this to me.
How come when the rest of us were only allowed to travel a maximum of 25 km from home, was the CHO in Canberra attending a “work dinner” awards night?

All the CHO's from around the country were present at this awards ceremony. Even Greg Hunt has come out and backed Brett Sutton.

This is yet another example of murdoch media rags taking another cheap shot at a Labor government figure.

Reactions: 1 user

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
I think its appropriate for the CHO to attend a meeting for the National Health and Medical Research Council, don't you?
A meeting?
I thought it was an awards night? Happy to be corrected on that.
If it was just for a meeting then why couldn’t it have been done with a video link, they do it for national cabinet meetings don’t they?

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
A meeting?
I thought it was an awards night? Happy to be corrected on that.
If it was just for a meeting then why couldn’t it have been done with a video link, they do it for national cabinet meetings don’t they?

I'm just going by what was quoted by Greg Hunt in the article below

Greg Hunt defended Victoria's Chief Health Officer Brett Sutton over an interstate trip while travel restrictions on Melburnians were in place.

Professor Sutton flew to Canberra for a meeting held by the National Health and Medical Research Council when Melbourne was still subject to a 25-kilometre travel restriction.

Mr Hunt said Professor Sutton was entitled to travel for the event.

"I think that story was deeply unfair, this was a meeting of the National Health and Medical Research Council, he plays an important role," he said.

"My understanding is he followed all permitting, all appropriate restrictions and so I think it was completely appropriate and professionally reasonable."

I don't understand why anyone would have a problem with him travelling anyway. Its not Brett Suttons fault that we're dealing with a pandemic and lockdowns are required. I get the frustrations with whats going on in VIC its not his fault. He's been a class act throughout this pandemic.