Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
I'm just going by what was quoted by Greg Hunt in the article below

I don't understand why anyone would have a problem with him travelling anyway. Its not Brett Suttons fault that we're dealing with a pandemic and lockdowns are required. I get the frustrations with whats going on in VIC its not his fault. He's been a class act throughout this pandemic.

Imho it would be remiss of him to miss something like this considering what is currently happening. There would be a huge amount of information disseminated between the various attendees at this event.
Some people don't appreciate what can be learned at these sort of "shows"

Reactions: 1 users

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
Imho it would be remiss of him to miss something like this considering what is currently happening. There would be a huge amount of information disseminated between the various attendees at this event.
Some people don't appreciate what can be learned at these sort of "shows"
I thought it was a pi ss up?! oh with some awards/event as a smoke screen :D

Reactions: 1 user

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
I don’t have a problem with him going. And good to see Greg Hunt support him.

The inconsistency with rules is what needs to be sorted by our health department hence the anger at him. People are allowed to come from Melbourne and play local country football in front of a 1,000 people. While Parkrun is not allowed to proceed as it’s an unacceptable risk.

I propose that the Government put on a few beers for a few of us posters and we would sort out these inconsistencies over several beers. We surely would do a better job than what is currently happening.

Reactions: 2 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Unbelievable. Apparently the vaccine roll-out really was a low priority to the SloMo's, except also opportunity to rip off some IP to boot. Staggering incompetence.

• Angry
Reactions: 2 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Getting first Pfizer on sat. Booked online at Sanddown.
Pretty smooth operation. Other than I did a lap because you can only enter from princess highway. The fact my appointment was 110 and rocked up at 120 didn’t really matter. They just want you to have an appointment. Just a factory production line - read consent, prove ID, wait for jab, prove id again, get jab, wait 15 mins in observation area then go.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Pretty smooth operation. Other than I did a lap because you can only enter from princess highway. The fact my appointment was 110 and rocked up at 120 didn’t really matter. They just want you to have an appointment. Just a factory production line - read consent, prove ID, wait for jab, prove id again, get jab, wait 15 mins in observation area then go.
Pretty much how it happens here, too.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
That was my experience there, too.

MB78

Sep 8, 2009
Sending someone inexperienced seems extremely stupid. The UK strategy seems like the one to go with forever. Australia could and should have then donated the surplus supply to less fortunate countries in the future.

MB78

Sep 8, 2009
Thanks for the share of the above.

Surely the best way to get people to be motivated to get vaccinated is to have a vaccine pass? It’s good to know that using our Medicare records this can be achieved easily.

Two issues here. The federal government haven’t shared a plan on how they are going to open up our international borders. While Victoria and Queensland won’t open up free travel between states who have been vaccinated.

With what I have seen thus far we need the States to all agree to open up the borders when people have a fully vaccinated (children will have to be exempted). Then the whole country turn on the Feds to pull their finger out. Australia lacks vision and seems to be following the New Zealand model.

MB78

Sep 8, 2009
Meanwhile one of my best friends lives in New York, this weekend he is Vegas. Back to normal for him within the USA. He is not prepared to come home until Australia has no hotel quarantine.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
how long ago did you book ?

im trying to book for pfizer (60 this year) & cant get a booking anywhere

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Hang on, there is still massive support for states imposing lockdowns and closing borders. Why would a poltician commit themselves to an opening date? Better to let things evolve and take a stance when things are clearer. Can compare ourselves all you like with South Korea but Australians don't accept 4 cases a day let alone 400.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012

Surely the best way to get people to be motivated to get vaccinated is to have a vaccine pass? It’s good to know that using our Medicare records this can be achieved easily.

Two issues here. The federal government haven’t shared a plan on how they are going to open up our international borders. While Victoria and Queensland won’t open up free travel between states who have been vaccinated.

With what I have seen thus far we need the States to all agree to open up the borders when people have a fully vaccinated (children will have to be exempted). Then the whole country turn on the Feds to pull their finger out. Australia lacks vision and seems to be following the New Zealand model.
You simply can't have vaccine passes until you allow everyone access to the vaccine.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
If Morrison was comfortable with how the vaccine rollout was going, we’d be in election mode. The economy is flying and the only thing that stops him pulling the trigger is how bad this rollout has gone. He’s got to buy time to fix it and make people forget. Every day it looks worse and worse, he is slowing the country down.

Reactions: 3 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
how long ago did you book ?

im trying to book for pfizer (60 this year) & cant get a booking anywhere
Only a few days ago. I did it online and there was one slot available so I assume someone had cancelled. Online system seems pretty good.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005

Yep we need to be having the debates now and not in six months time. Was at a kids birthday party yesterday (outside) and one woman was adamant she wouldn’t take pfizer until it has passed fda approval (2023) And ‘you need to do your research’. A plan for opening up (once everyone has had a reasonable chance to vaccinate) means you can chose vaccination risk (1 in big number) vs COVID death risk (1 in 100?) or long term COVId (1 in 4?). We need to crystallise that This choice is coming in people’s heads and you will see most choose to vaccinate and Darwin awards for some of the rest.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Im short sighted, and I need to pass an eye test and wear my glasses when I drive.

a coercive government breaching of my individual right to drive blind?

If I want to board a plane, I have to subject myself to a body scan, and surrender my nail clippers.

Anyone with children, will remember the nurse jamming a vitamin K injection into your baby in its first hour of life.

We can't take an umbrella to watch the footy.

we happily follow public safety rules every day.

I think we will get to a coercive vaccination policy at some stage.

I'd go sooner rather than later.

I think its a matter of when, not if, we get a real Covid kick in the arse, with this bungling anti-vaxer PM who believes in the individual.

and he'll manage to blame someone else for sure.

It'll be tough for him if he has to pin it on Gladys, but it could come to that, and he wouldn't hesitate.

Reactions: 3 users