Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Same in my area.

Is it just me or are tradies, council workers, building site workers all exempt from wearing masks? Stand around chatting to one another, in and out of houses, sitting in trucks and vans etc together, all with no masks on.
I want to go up and slap them, but that's possibly going to be misconstrued.

Reactions: 1 user

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Same in my area.

Is it just me or are tradies, council workers, building site workers all exempt from wearing masks? Stand around chatting to one another, in and out of houses, sitting in trucks and vans etc together, all with no masks on.

Or they "wear" a mask but only cover their mouth & leave their nose uncovered. That really "smiles" me.

Maybe they're mouth breathers.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Here's what I don't get, with NSW in a hard lockdown who are so many people infectious in the community?

It's people not doing the right thing. It's the simple. Personal responsibility for a monumentally slow rollout of the vaccine by the federal government is the only way out for Sydney. And that isn't happening. It's a genuine doom loop. People not doing the right thing, federal level continuing to do the wrong thing and people not listening to Glady and keep doing the wrong thing.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Also for Brad Hazzard to stand there today & tee off at other states is bloody rich. Somebody show him that video of Gladys from a couple of pages back.
That guy is speaking above his pay grade due to the vaccum of leadership in that state. What a disgrace.

Here's what I don't get, with NSW in a hard lockdown who are so many people infectious in the community?

Because it's not a hard lock down. Nowhere near as tough as ours.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003

It's people not doing the right thing. It's the simple. Personal responsibility for a monumentally slow rollout of the vaccine by the federal government is the only way out for Sydney. And that isn't happening. It's a genuine doom loop. People not doing the right thing, federal level continuing to do the wrong thing and people not listening to Glady and keep doing the wrong thing.
It appears family groups particularly in South west and western Sydney continue to ignore the directives and keep on visiting each other and spreading the virus. Much like how the second wave started in Melbourne.

It seems this continues to be the major source of transmission. What hope have they got when people refuse to follow the basic directions?

Keep the border shut.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
The media won't pick up on this (they'll ignore it), but it's actually quite significant.

Remember last year when Andrews was criticised for "refusing ADF forces to help with HQ?" Well Morrison said yesterday the ADF can't do enforcement. Straight from the horses mouth. Caught out in yet another lie.

Unfortunately we are too used to lies from this PM

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
The really salient thing to remember is how this happened. Every case we have from this break out now stems from one breach in NSW, a driver not wearing proper PPE with an airline crew. In Victoria lockdown 2.0 came from two breaches of Hotel Quarantine and that wasn't Delta strain.

I am not making excuses for anyone, exactly the opposite, but we have to understand how dangerous and infectious this thing is.

Vaccinate and when that is missing go hard and early, that's it really

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Hazard calling for us to behave as a commonwealth. His point is fair but hamfisted. If he said at the start of his pitch that NSW acted in self interest and its lack of acting in the commonwealth interest now causes a national issue they needed help with it may get some more support. He likened it to a bushfire. To take that analogy further he would just have to have said that they started the fire, thought they could put it out with buckets but now needed a fire brigade. .

Reactions: 2 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
The really salient thing to remember is how this happened. Every case we have from this break out now stems from one breach in NSW, a driver not wearing proper PPE with an airline crew. In Victoria lockdown 2.0 came from two breaches of Hotel Quarantine and that wasn't Delta strain.

I am not making excuses for anyone, exactly the opposite, but we have to understand how dangerous and infectious this thing is.

Vaccinate and when that is missing go hard and early, that's it really
1627098882606.png

Reactions: 1 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Just got my first AZ shot, despite being 32.

The doc really makes you worried about it in the mandatory consultation.

E. G. "You are aware that in your age group in Victoria right now you're more likely to die from the AZ shot than from Covid."

"You are aware the federal government has said that Pfizer will be available before October".

I'm the least antivaxx person on the planet and it worried me.

Reactions: 2 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Is this the 1st outbreak in Sydney in that SW suburbs area (Fairfields / Canterbury-Bankstown / Liverpool area)?

Was thinking about this today, where people were asking, why have VIC always struggled with outbreaks and its been hard to answer. Maybe it really does come down to luck. Every outbreak we have had in VIC has originated in the Northern suburbs, where the population tends to move between properties far more, live in multi age home settings and work in lower paid employment (remember all the meat processing facilities etc that were mentioned in last years outbreak).

The current outbreak has happened in a similar economic / social area as our outbreak last year, much more so than the Northern beaches outbreak that was controlled (ie. more people can work from home, lower numbers of people per home etc).

So I'm hypothesizing here, but was Gladys just lucky last year and earlier this in terms of the locality that the outbreaks have occurred in in Sydney compared to Melbourne?
one could choose to believe the NSW were the experts in responding to Covid outbreaks, and got it right every time, until this outbreak. Or you could believe the fact they have got it so wrong this time suggests they dont know everything, and an element of luck has contributed to their successful handling of other cases.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Just got my first AZ shot, despite being 32.

The doc really makes you worried about it in the mandatory consultation.

E. G. "You are aware that in your age group in Victoria right now you're more likely to die from the AZ shot than from Covid."

"You are aware the federal government has said that Pfizer will be available before October".

I'm the least antivaxx person on the planet and it worried me.
Would be good if they added

You are aware them you getting AZ makes you less likely to die in an outbreak of COvid than getting AZ or when we decide to open up and covid is more prevalent. If there is an outbreak then there may be insufficient vaccine to meet demand.

you are aware that you are contributing to the overall rollout speed and may save someone else’s life by freeing up Pfizer for them or being less transmissible.

you are aware that there are no guarantees with future Pfizer supply and October is still a planning target.

by the way well done!

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Just back from the weekly grocery shop, went alone, out for about an hour total.
Lost count of the number of families wandering about the shops, enjoying a day out, masks on chins.
People are just *smile* stupid, this is in Rowville.
I thought that only happened in Sydney?

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Would be good if they added

You are aware them you getting AZ makes you less likely to die in an outbreak of COvid than getting AZ or when we decide to open up and covid is more prevalent. If there is an outbreak then there may be insufficient vaccine to meet demand.

you are aware that you are contributing to the overall rollout speed and may save someone else’s life by freeing up Pfizer for them or being less transmissible.

you are aware that there are no guarantees with future Pfizer supply and October is still a planning target.

by the way well done!
In the UK that has swapped around, greater risk from covid than the vaccine for those under 30. And in every older age group that gap increases.
As you say well done CT