Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Dunno ezy. You seem like a closet anti-vaxxer. We don't like hypocrites bagging Richmond as much we don't like hypocrites bagging Victoria/Victorians.

:mhihi

50% fully vaccinated brother,

and being a glass half full bloke,

that give me a lot of protection

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I know one of the positive cases in VIc. Caught it from a family member, both in isolation. Family member was isolating due to being in a tier 1 site. The person I know also fully vaccinated, 2 doses of Pfizer. Family member was not.
Will be interesting to see how the next two weeks go for these two but neither showing major symptoms as yet.

Reactions: 1 user

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Champion
Apr 29, 2006
Reactions: 1 users

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
Excellent article.
Read it everyone and pass it on to those who are ignorant.
Exactly as would be expected by everyone in acute medicine.
What a load of disgusting murderous rubbish is peddled by idiotic people who talk simple souls out of sensible medical care , leading to the death and suffering as this article outlines. It's what will happen anywhere imbeciles have a voice that is unregulated .

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I'm still working with a number of teams in Indo - many extended families of those team members have experienced deaths already. I'm talking to them every day - these are people with good jobs and money, but they have relatives and friends in tougher circumstances of course. One of my close colleagues just took 3 days off to care for a disabled aunt in Java who has covid now. My colleague now has symptoms - she's been vaccinated through her company but still, worrying times.

The aunt who got covid died, and there have been several other deaths already in the extended family in the last few weeks. Makes you really appreciate our fantastic health care system in Australia, if you get covid here your chances are pretty good. If you get it in Indonesia even if you can get into a hospital your chances are not so great.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Is it true the delta strain is more contagious but less lethal?

I don't think so. Its just we have now found drugs that work and have more people worldwide vaccinated than when Alpha and Beta were out.

See the "real" numbers about India (they are estimated but the official numbers are essentially made up anyway as a lot of deaths didn't have Covid as a cause of death as they didn't test them). Excess deaths is what gives it away. Thats the delta variant, seems like its more lethal than the original, and also seems to affect younger people more than the original did too.

Last edited:

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
It is very good news. 4 were in the community whilst infectious. Hopefully they're on top of it.
Yes but I think that figure not in isolation will need to be zero before the lockdown is released. Hopefully that will happen by early next week but the Prahran market exposure site has to be a concern.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I did some pre-border closure business in brisbane yesterday ,

and the level of mask, check-in and distancing compliance,

is the best ive ever seen.

at least 99% masks outside, correctly worn

take a bow Brissy.

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
People of Sydney need to bunker down.

136 cases, 53 were in the community. That % in the community remains very high and isn't reducing. Contact tracers appear to be losing control due to the sheer volume they need to handle.

TT33

GO TIGES!!!
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Gladys's gold looks more & more like polished brass every day.

I hope they get it under control asap, it's starting to get very concerning.