Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Government has flagged the anti lockdown protest has chance of extending the (Vic) lockdown. So many people are so *smile* stupid. This was not a hard thing to see. Does my head in. If it comes true there will be millions of mad people. Vent over.

you Would think Sydney one will almost guarantee an explosion of it and a very very long lockdown.
Average five day incubation... the government would almost be better off extending the lockdown until next weekend as a precaution rather than ending it and possibly having to reinstate it.

The timing of the protest was... interesting.

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Serious question, if we all wore suitable masks in public could we all just get on with life ?
Doubt it. I've been living with mandated masks outside and inside public places for well over a year now. Masks help, but aren't the answer. And then you'll always get people who don't wear them properly which sort of defeats the purpose. But as a measure to protect yourself, definitely helps.

Reminds me of the face mask *smile* meme

facemask.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
So why did you take it?

Cause I don't want to die from COVID?

Because I don't want long COVID?

Because I don't want to be in lockdown forever?

Because I want to reduce the chance of passing on COVID to my daughter?

Thing is, the government estimates of risk are idiotic. I may be less likely to die from COVID than the jab as numbers are right now. But the opposite is true if I lived in Sydney. Or anywhere else in the world. And if (when) we're in a situation like Sydney is again, you can't just switch on being vaccinated.

The reality is, over the long term, I'm much more likely - much - to suffer from Covid than any shot.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Cause I don't want to die from COVID?

Because I don't want long COVID?

Because I don't want to be in lockdown forever?

Because I want to reduce the chance of passing on COVID to my daughter?

Thing is, the government estimates of risk are idiotic. I may be less likely to die from COVID than the jab as numbers are right now. But the opposite is true if I lived in Sydney. Or anywhere else in the world. And if (when) we're in a situation like Sydney is again, you can't just switch on being vaccinated.

The reality is, over the long term, I'm much more likely - much - to suffer from Covid than any shot.
It’s some of the most stupidest most simplistic analysis I’ve seen naively assuming the level of covid in the community is static and adjusting reactively to that level. Not taking into account the cost of lockdowns to maintain the status quo and the risk of the situation changing anyway is just completely *smile*.

The ATAGI advice for NSW has changed today to over 20s should get it.

With that said The technical advice givers in my corporate space take very little risk because they know of it goes wrong they will be blamed. So it comes on to the business line (in this case the government) to interpret it / ask questions and make more holistic decisions AND live with the consequences.

make your own interpretation of that but to me it comes back to leadership and the failure to turn vaccination into a race and incentivise it appropriately and live with the deaths that that will cause whilst understanding you will never be praised for the businesses and lives you save.

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Serious question, if we all wore suitable masks in public could we all just get on with life ?
Fair point considering the guy who originally had the Delta flew on a plane from Adelaide to Melbourne which was full . Not one person on the flight infected . Interesting to say the least

Reactions: 1 user

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Good result for Vic.
Under 10 new cases for Monday or Tuesday and we open up.

Over, we wont!
Gap exams for year 11 which were to take place on the 29th July now Postponed to the 14th Aug , assume lockdown will continue

• Sad

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Very sad to read that two ladies died overnight in NSW. One was in her 30’s which is very concerning.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
the pic was last posted July 11.
One thing it does highlight was the number of hotel workers infected in Vic, 8 at one place, 29 at the other.
Yes. Both were before the formation of COVID quarantine Victoria and the direct involvement of the public hospital system in the hotels for COVID positive people.

So in that way we have learned from our mistakes

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
More stories like this need to shared for people to perhaps learn.
It’s like comparing apples to oranges . Different health systems
Different lifestyle
What’s of interest was the Dictator Dan saying that he couldn’t understand why people protests , seriously?
every second retail shop/ business in major shopping strips are closed
What an imbecile

• Angry

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
More stories like this need to shared for people to perhaps learn.
Agree. I have little hope it will be effective for folks that are in the right wing / religious information bubble until their friends / family / colleagues have severe conditions or die.

• Sad

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Different lifestyle
What’s of interest was the Dictator Dan saying that he couldn’t understand why people protests , seriously?
What an imbecile
This man lives on delusions.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Different lifestyle
What an imbecile

You sound like one of those, "let it run through the community" types