Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
239 cases in NSW today. Now implementing a 5km radius and compulsory masks for the 8 LGA areas of concern.
Bloody hell. Why aren't masks already compulsory in ALL of Sydney and the 5km radius already in place. They've got NFI up there. Did they not even take any notice of the 3 month lockdown in Victoria last year? They obviously know better up there :rolleyes:

Regardless, if idiots don't stop visiting their families they have no hope of containing it. A lockdown will only work if people abide by, and the authorities enforce, the regulations.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Bloody hell. Why aren't masks already compulsory in ALL of Sydney and the 5km radius already in place. They've got NFI up there. Did they not even take any notice of the 3 month lockdown in Victoria last year? They obviously know better up there :rolleyes:

Regardless, if idiots don't stop visiting their families they have no hope of containing it. A lockdown will only work if people abide by, and the authorities enforce, the regulations.

Exactly, they are slowly bringing in the restrictions that we immediately bring in. 5km rule in 8 LGA's (still 10km elsewhere), only just mandating masks outside in 8 LGA's.

Seems they have been so lax with these restrictions, but are finally bringing them closer to VIC's, but as you say should be for the whole of Sydney not just those 8 LGA's.

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
The next Federal election has to be held by May next year right? ScoMo's team must be workshopping various scenarios of how they can save the day just as they go into campaign mode. Who knows, maybe we'll start to see ScoMo holding the needle mate.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Gladys just said that the Delta strain has been a game changer.

Wow, Gladys, we realised that a couple of months ago after what happened in India, must’ve just dawned on her.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Gladys "we have the harshest restrictions anywhere in Australia regarding staying in your house".

Cough, cough, VIC has no visitors and only 5 reasons to leave your house and have had that for 12 months when we go into lockdowns. Not sure how theres are harder than ours.

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Obviously condolences to those who have lost friends and family, including my condolences to you.

Happy that your move has worked for you, I've heard of a number that have benefitted in this way too.

On another subject, I hope your tin hat isn't too hot in that Queensland sun.
24c here today . Was 17c at 5am. No tin hut . Wearing the RFC 2020 Premiers Cup thanks

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Gladys "we have the harshest restrictions anywhere in Australia regarding staying in your house".

Cough, cough, VIC has no visitors and only 5 reasons to leave your house and have had that for 12 months when we go into lockdowns. Not sure how theres are harder than ours.

And no 8pm curfew. If they want to police people visiting homes that would make the most sense. Alas, common sense is lacking in NSW right now.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
24c here today . Was 17c at 5am. No tin hut . Wearing the RFC 2020 Premiers Cup thanks
Wait until spring and summer. The humidity is horrendous; I couldn't live in it. It's alright when you're on holidays but couldn't work in it.

The weather up there is awesome from April to October; the other 6 months is putrid.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
The next Federal election has to be held by May next year right? ScoMo's team must be workshopping various scenarios of how they can save the day just as they go into campaign mode. Who knows, maybe we'll start to see ScoMo holding the needle mate.
ScoMo name dropping Olympic gold medallists in a radio grab this morning, suspect in a desperate attempt to come across as a man of the people, and a grab for everyman appeal, and to deflect from his covid related *smile*-ups

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
ScoMo name dropping Olympic gold medallists in a radio grab this morning, suspect in a desperate attempt to come across as a man of the people, and a grab for everyman appeal, and to deflect from his covid related *smile*-ups

After all whats happened over the last 18 months, its pretty damning on Albanese that the voters preferred PM is still Scomo.

It could well be the same election as the last time, Labor expected to win but with an unelectable leader they could beaten down.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I noticed yesterday, or the day before, he likened the vaccination effort to an olympic event. So it's gone from "Not a race" to a race where they stand on a podium and award medals at the end of it.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
After all whats happened over the last 18 months, its pretty damning on Albanese that the voters preferred PM is still Scomo.

It could well be the same election as the last time, Labor expected to win but with an unelectable leader they could beaten down.
There are no winners in an Australian election.

Reactions: 2 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
NSW taking the hard road under Gladys. Death by 1000 cuts & in a world of spin.
Sad & frustrating to watch. I feel for my friends & family up there caught up in it.

The whole 'we'd have thousand & thousands of cases if we hadn't locked down when we did' rhetoric is like listening to Trump.

Why hasn't one journalist in those pressers pointed to how other states in Australia have coped with the Delta variant?

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne

Albanese is uninspiring but also suffering from oxygen deprivation. He gave a speech to the National Press Club a few weeks ago and not one media outlet reported it. But they all make sure we see Slomo hammering in invisible nails.

Reactions: 3 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I noticed yesterday, or the day before, he likened the vaccination effort to an olympic event. So it's gone from "Not a race" to a race where they stand on a podium and award medals at the end of it.

I wonder if that qualifies as the "official government instruction" that Lee's been waiting for since start of the year.

• Haha

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
NSW taking the hard road under Gladys. Death by 1000 cuts & in a world of spin.
Sad & frustrating to watch. I feel for my friends & family up there caught up in it.

The whole 'we'd have thousand & thousands of cases if we hadn't locked down when we did' rhetoric is like listening to Trump.

Why hasn't one journalist in those pressers pointed to how other states in Australia have coped with the Delta variant?
they have and then she answers a different question about what would have happened if they did nothing and then she leaves. It’s pathetic.

if they just say that in hindsight they screwed it up and will make sure they incoporate local, interstate and global lessons then they may get some short term pain but would enable them to make the right decisions.

pretending they did well is just pathetic. We will see how it stands up at the next election I guess.

some data here showing nsw approval going down fast. https://essentialvision.com.au/category/essentialreport
no idea how representative this survey is though

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I've noticed Gladys likes to delegate the death announcements to Dr Chant. Must be part of team building or something.

We'll know when Dr.Chants starts singing Tigerland, that things are falling apart

UNSW study on compliance in Sydney (masks, distancing, check in, sanitising etc), found it is about 70% city wide.

what are they missing?

my quick count in brisbane cbd put it at 99%, and they have no cases!