Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
I don’t get why people are so upset about the timeline. I’m actually really shocked Andrews is sticking with the nationally agreed timeline when the modelling shows about 2,000 people are gonna die in VIC by the end of the year. I really was expecting him to change the opening up date to 90% aged 12 and up, with staggered easing of restrictions leading up to it. I’m not sure I am comfortable with this roadmap tbh.

Another thing I don’t get is the impatience of people. After 18 months in and out of lockdown, what is a few more weeks? We are getting towards the end of it. There is a clear road to the finish line. We can return to the pub in about 5 weeks (sooner up we get vaccination numbers up). Yet people still complain. Ridiculous self entitlement.

On another note, how stupid do the anti-lockdown protesters look today? They protested (and got arrested) for nothing.

you mean this type of disgraceful headline with a Clive palmer ad just to rub it in? The Herald Scum does not care about the best interests of Victoria. They just wanna get Andrews at any cost. Its beyond an obsession.

View attachment 13599
That’s an accurate assessment. How many lockdowns do you want ? Where are the 4000 ICU beds from 2020 . Really .

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Hahahahaha typical.
Misleading and out of context. And not look at what i said by fly that angle that has no relevance.

Where the f$@$k did i say that u idiot. Seriously pathetic post. But its okay u got yr ticks.

Show me where u fool ive said protest are good..moronic approach by yrself.

In fact u r preaching thus the reason i said go down there to find out what tjey r saying. Fly yr flag champ. U dont respect the choice in vax. We disagree
What? I criticised the behaviour of the protesters. I stand by that it is abhorrent. So if I go to talk to them should I take my dog so they can kick it? You posted that their right to not vaccinate should be respected. How can people who act like that expect respect from anyone? You think those people today would listen to anyone that disagrees with them. People can decide if they want to vax or not but they have no right to put others at risk by their actions; be they construction workers, teachers, nurses, CEOs whatever. Too many cases of transmission are coming from this industry and it needs to change its ways.

I'm not preaching anything. Everyone knows the way out of this pandemic is vaccination. It's for the good of everyone; the whole community. Nice work with the abusive personal insults as well.

Reactions: 4 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I was just listening to the radio for a few minutes, there was a pharmacist on and he was talking about the vaccine, he said 2 things which stood out.

Yes, there are some side effects to the different vaccines but they are: Very Rare and Very Treatable.

He also made an analogy - if you are in a plane and the pressure is lost sucking all the oxygen out of the plane, do you ask which oxygen face masks are options or do you just grab the one in front of you and put it on?

Still waiting for a logical explanation as to why some people have not yet booked in their vaccination.

Anyone who complains about lockdowns and is not vaccinated or booked in is either under 12 years old, about to book a vaccination, or has an IQ under 12.

DS

Reactions: 2 users

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
I was just listening to the radio for a few minutes, there was a pharmacist on and he was talking about the vaccine, he said 2 things which stood out.

Yes, there are some side effects to the different vaccines but they are: Very Rare and Very Treatable.

He also made an analogy - if you are in a plane and the pressure is lost sucking all the oxygen out of the plane, do you ask which oxygen face masks are options or do you just grab the one in front of you and put it on?

Still waiting for a logical explanation as to why some people have not yet booked in their vaccination.

Anyone who complains about lockdowns and is not vaccinated or booked in is either under 12 years old, about to book a vaccination, or has an IQ under 12.

DS
Yep, funny isnt it, no-one cares who made the flu shot they have been getting for years or the stent that just saved their life

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
What? I criticised the behaviour of the protesters. I stand by that it is abhorrent. So if I go to talk to them should I take my dog so they can kick it? You posted that their right to not vaccinate should be respected. How can people who act like that expect respect from anyone? You think those people today would listen to anyone that disagrees with them. People can decide if they want to vax or not but they have no right to put others at risk by their actions; be they construction workers, teachers, nurses, CEOs whatever. Too many cases of transmission are coming from this industry and it needs to change its ways.

I'm not preaching anything. Everyone knows the way out of this pandemic is vaccination. It's for the good of everyone; the whole community. Nice work with the abusive personal insults as well.
U numkskull open yr eyes and read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I dont agree with protests.
Stop being stupid thinking u have some sort stupid point of arguement against me on some high ground.
Vax is a choice. I chose to get it.
if others dont I respect that.
U want to go down some other angle that I condone protest then yr the one making up s#@t that is wrongfully out of context. Pathetic u still continue

Bunnerz

Richmond are cool man
Aug 12, 2003
Geelong
Sin tiger is right.
I know 2 nurses who are thinking of quitting.

They work in Melb and have been doing covid vaccines mostly the last few weeks.

They have been told Nov and Dec will be crazy.

But yes...both have rashes all over their faces from masks 10 hours a day.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Stop being stupid thinking u have some sort stupid point of arguement against me on some high ground.
U want to go down some other angle that I condone protest then yr the one making up s#@t that is wrongfully out of context. Pathetic u still continue
Really don't know what your problem is Al. I asked if you thought the behaviour of those guys at CFMEU office was acceptable because you insinuated that I was being a keyboard warrior because I wasn't game enough to confront them directly. If these people decide not to get vaccinated they need to accept the consequences of that decision. They can't expect any respect when they start acting like thugs, kicking dogs and setting up chairs in the middle of the road because they can no longer have smoko in an enclosed tea room.

I have no axe to grind or angle to play against you. I was simply responding to your post. I don't understand why people wouldn't get vaccinated; don't get it all. The medical advice is that if you are over 12 years old there are very few reasons to not get vaccinated. But yes it is a choice; but there are consequences to making decision to not vaccinate. Anyway I appreciate that you don't condone the actions of the protesters; it was not my intention to insinuate that.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Sin tiger is right.
I know 2 nurses who are thinking of quitting.

They work in Melb and have been doing covid vaccines mostly the last few weeks.

They have been told Nov and Dec will be crazy.

But yes...both have rashes all over their faces from masks 10 hours a day.
It's encumbent on all of us to do all we can to help these fantastic health workers out. The best way to do that is to follow the lockdown regulations and get vaccinated ASAP.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
That’s an accurate assessment. How many lockdowns do you want ? Where are the 4000 ICU beds from 2020 . Really .
I’ve already posted about the ICU beds.

it was never 4000 but what is needed can be scaled when necessary. You don’t leave massive numbers of ICU beds unoccupied because it creates issues for normal hospital operations. What is in place is the infrastructure to scale, all the equipment and a detailed staged plan to do it at notice every time it is needed.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Yep, funny isnt it, no-one cares who made the flu shot they have been getting for years or the stent that just saved their life
Facebook, Instagram and Tik Tok has spawned millions of instant medical experts.

Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Go down there & ask 'em. Dare u. Go fly the flag for provax.

Its a choice & they dont want it. And that needs to be respected. Govt forcing it on them, well & u scratch yr head why??

Go down there & get firsthand knowledge. Let us know how u go. Dont stay behind the keyboard.
How can you respect that behaviour? And then condone the threat of physical violence by calling anyone a coward who challenges it but not in person?

That's cowardice, its how types like this behave. When things get tough and challenging you start swinging. That's how you raise a domestic violence perpetrator.

Physical intimidation is the lowest of the low. How can there be a genuine discussion when that threat exists?

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Wonder what deal Dan makes with his union mates?
I don’t know if he’s made a deal but something needed to be done. The way many who work in that industry have behaved recently is beyond the pale. Today’s violence was the nadir and also the breaking point. Maybe this will wake them up and they will start acting appropriately.

Reactions: 1 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
as far as i can tell no one is being forced to get a vaccination. but it is not safe for those who havent been vaccinated to be on constructions sites, nor is it safe for the wider community due to the community spread unvaccinated workers will lead to.
the choice is either only those who have been vaccinated, or no one.

same with sporting events, pub, concerts etc. by November it wont be safe for everyone, so it is either only those vaccinated or it is no one.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
I've said before but my wife works for a company in the building industry and all the construction workers there are looney tunes, believing all the anti covid conspiracy theories on the internet, with the company owner leading the charge.
Not surprised. The polling data shows that I shared here shows that you are three times more likely to vote ALP and twice as likely to vote Greens if you are an anti vaxer than be a coalition voter. And the same trends are showing all around Victoria with vaccination numbers across Victoria. Below is the report.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Not surprised. The polling data shows that I shared here shows that you are three times more likely to vote ALP and twice as likely to vote Greens if you are an anti vaxer than be a coalition voter. And the same trends are showing all around Victoria with vaccination numbers across Victoria. Below is the report.

Yet the Libs and Nats appear to have all the MPs who are promoting anti vac messages, and are the parties that appear least willing to be loud in their support of vaccination.

Reactions: 3 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I wonder if the expulsion of the flu has lead to a significant reduction in hospitalisations due to flu and similar ailments.
Don't think the flu or bronchitis or pneumonia exist anymore. All killed of by that nasty cooties virus.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Was listening to pressa while working, blv there will be an app that doesnt store your details and mergers with the database of being vax( sorry cant remember the exact one Dan mentioned). U log on and it automatically provides a tick that u are vaccinated.

Hopefully a smooth app that will take seconds to prove.

Unsure if app already there. Maybe someone else knows
Not sure exactly how it works, but ya gotta link your medicare acct to ya mygov acct n then ya can get an app on ur phone that shows your vax status. Daughter did mine for me last night.