Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Deadman Dan mentioned that there may be delays to Pfizer deliveries (at a national level) so be prepared to wait if you have your little heart set on that particular vaccine.
Moderna will be hitting our shores soon apparently.

Remember kids, the best vaccine is the one you can get in your arm today. Don't wait, don't procrastinate, don't wait for "certainty". Won't happen.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005

Not clear to me of the benefits in the u12 group to the individual. Two items.

1. is vaccine risk > Covid risk (should be data on this)

2. What is the trade off between long Covid risk vs more immunity to adult Covid by getting Covid as a kid. (Won’t be data on this)

On a society level I think it will help for reducing transmissibility so definitely leaning to vaccination. (Have an 11 year old and separately our 12 year old gets his first dose this weekend). Luckily my ex and I have the same view on vaccination - wouldn’t wish that additional minefield on anyone.

In this article says Cubans vaccinating 2 year olds and China 3 year olds.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Deadman Dan mentioned that there may be delays to Pfizer deliveries (at a national level) so be prepared to wait if you have your little heart set on that particular vaccine.

Remember kids, the best vaccine is the one you can get in your arm today. Don't wait, don't procrastinate, don't wait for "certainty". Won't happen.
Moderna already going in arms from yesterday. 300,000 for Victoria this month. I believe that a lot are going to the Northern and Western suburbs from what I have read.

Reactions: 1 user

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008

Nah, i watch A Current Affair, a nd my favorite influencer was on, and she talked aabout all the internet research she had done. She said the vaccine was part of the New World Order plan and i would start to become genderless.
I think I'll wait.

Reactions: 1 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Would anyone know if the construction industry lockdown includes residential building sites.... ?
Reading the release from lastnight it says ALL sites. Just wondering as I've had blokes next door going hard at it this morning

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Yes they are being forced. Thats why they are kicking up

i reckon its hilarious how all the ned kellys are bravely taking a stand for freedom ......

in humiliating, conforming, ugly, mandatory,

orange flouro.

this whole affair is very margaret atwood

Reactions: 2 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
NSW hospitals will be “technically overwhelmed” in October according to Berejiklian. Sort of like how you might be “technically” pregnant ? Or “technically” dead ?

What an ahole.

• Haha

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Not surprised. The polling data shows that I shared here shows that you are three times more likely to vote ALP and twice as likely to vote Greens if you are an anti vaxer than be a coalition voter. And the same trends are showing all around Victoria with vaccination numbers across Victoria. Below is the report.

I would say that’s a little bit surprising. I would argue that low income, low intelligence, conspiracy theory-types, and anti-vaxxers are more likely to vote for extreme right parties. That’s definitely the trend in the USA. but the demographics are probably more complicated here. One thing for sure is that Clive Palmer is preying on the stupid.

Any anti vaccination person is an idiot in my eyes and I don’t rate any political person not doing the team thing to get the country going. But the Greens and the ALP must do more to get their voters to do the right thing, they are not going to listen to a coalition government about getting vaccinated when they are a Union construction worker or a Melbourne CBD greens voter.

I think we need to start calling anti-vaxxers for what they really are… extremists.

Official now. That is a serious decision. Give Dan credit for taking a very hard course there. He can say its health driven but it's a lot about controlling the dissent. Brave.

I have to say i support this. Andrews is rightly clamping down on non-compliance. Its just disappointing it had to get to this.

I do also have a strong views no else shld be coerced or forced into getting vaccine.

I would support enforced vaccinations if the numbers don’t reach acceptable levels. we need to protect the stupid from themselves. There is literally no other solution except to get vaccinated. But it shouldn’t have to get to this.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
A few anti-vax extremists have caused an entire industry to be shut down. Great job.
Very unfair for an industry to be tarnished by a handful of covidiots as many tradies are doing the right thing.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

Not clear to me of the benefits in the u12 group to the individual. Two items.

1. is vaccine risk > Covid risk (should be data on this)

2. What is the trade off between long Covid risk vs more immunity to adult Covid by getting Covid as a kid. (Won’t be data on this)

On a society level I think it will help for reducing transmissibility so definitely leaning to vaccination. (Have an 11 year old and separately our 12 year old gets his first dose this weekend). Luckily my ex and I have the same view on vaccination - wouldn’t wish that additional minefield on anyone.

In this article says Cubans vaccinating 2 year olds and China 3 year olds.

We vaccinate kids for a heap of things, it's no different.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
A few anti-vax extremists have caused an entire industry to be shut down. Great job.
Very unfair for an industry to be tarnished by a handful of covidiots as many tradies are doing the right thing.

the CFMEU would have some experts in restorative justice, with higher degrees obtained from some of the most secure institutions in the country.

several would be tom hawkins build.

and theyde have a grip conditioned to hold on to a length of 1" gal pipe in all situations

theyde be men of few words. Proper heavys who stay off screen.

IF, qanon antivax facebookers with nordic tattoos have infiltrated, and precipitated 20,000 cfmeu members losing a fortnights pay at least,

THEN, surely other end of pipe meets fibias and patellas, before the manipulative libertarians even have time to question their lizard heritage?

(i like this damien barrett style, thanks @22nd Man )

Last edited:
  • Haha
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
the CFMEU would have some experts in restorative justice, with higher degrees obtained from some of the most secure institutions in the country.

several would be tom hawkins build.

and theyde have a grip conditioned to hold on to a length of 1" gal pipe.

theyde be men of few words. Proper heavys who stay off screen.

IF, qanon antivax facebookers with nordic tattoos have infiltrated, and precipitated 20,000 cfmeu members losing a fortnights pay at least,

THEN, surely other end of pipe meets fibias and patellas?

(i like this damien barrett style, thanks @22nd Man )
Many of the population in general have had a gut-full of this handful of loud anti-vaxers who are putting the recovery at risk.
There will be anti-anti-vax protests once things open up.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

a baby gets a shot of vitamin K, before they get their first pull of milk.

quite literally, the very first thing that happens in a humans life in australia,

is a jab.

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
100% correct.
The covid vax is no different to fluvax.
We already give this to kids down to 5 years , but not below.

It has yet to be tested thoroughly enough for acceptance , that's all.
How funny it will be to see 5 year olds getting the covid vax , smiling and getting a jelly bean, while grown, foolish adults refuse.
Personally I honestly think much hesitancy is due to needle fear. Understandable but foolish .

A Refuse covid vax ...get sick, go to hospital, ICU and maybe die. Infect your whole family too, kids included.
B Have covid vax....get a sore arm for a day.
Hmmm...difficult choice.

< Golf | TV shows >