Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Many of the population in general have had a gut-full of this handful of loud anti-vaxers who are putting the recovery at risk.
There will be anti-anti-vax protests once things open up.

i wish a leader, or at least the administrator of a large ICU,

would simply outline a triage system post opening up,

where unvaccinated are at the end of the queue.

wouldnt that kind of keep everyone happy?

im pretty sure smokers and alcoholics are last in the organ recipient line?

Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
i wish a leader, or at least the administrator of a large ICU,

would simply outline a triage system post opening up,

where unvaccinated are at the end of the queue.

wouldnt that kind of keep everyone happy?

im pretty sure smokers and alcoholics are last in the organ recipient line?

If you think something is a hoax, then there's not a lot to complain about if you need medical assistance from those same doctors who told you to get vaccinated.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
The anti-vaxxers have done something i thought impossible and that is to elicit a skerrick of public sympathy for John Setka.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

josey

Tiger Superstar
Mar 17, 2008
Melbourne
the CFMEU would have some experts in restorative justice, with higher degrees obtained from some of the most secure institutions in the country.

several would be tom hawkins build.

and theyde have a grip conditioned to hold on to a length of 1" gal pipe in all situations

theyde be men of few words. Proper heavys who stay off screen.

IF, qanon antivax facebookers with nordic tattoos have infiltrated, and precipitated 20,000 cfmeu members losing a fortnights pay at least,

THEN, surely other end of pipe meets fibias and patellas, before the manipulative libertarians even have time to question their lizard heritage?

(i like this damien barrett style, thanks @22nd Man )

I reckon only a very small number of CFMEU members would have been at the protest yesterday, and there is little doubt they will be regretting that decision by weekend.

Dealing with the Nazi's will be like shelling peas for the union.

Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
The industry hasn’t been shut down just because of a small disruptive group of anti vaxxers. It’s also been shut down because of broad, wide spread and continual breaches of Covid safety protocols. They’ve been warned over and over.

Reactions: 9 users

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
I would support enforced vaccinations if the numbers don’t reach acceptable levels. we need to protect the stupid from themselves. There is literally no other solution except to get vaccinated. But it shouldn’t have to get to this.
Agree it shouldnt have to get to this.
whole issue has been covered before here many times. In simple terms, they shouldve made it mandatory from the start. They had the power at State level. Going about it by force or coercion has pissed a lot people off not talking the extremist here(not to be taken out of context).
Initial govts(state & feds) not mandatory, we get to a % mark then we open. Had yr chance. Thats changed many are annoyed & they want choice.

A few posters want it mandatory here too, fine, thats their view. Wont all agree.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
ahh okay "coercion", yep get it about "choice". haha

Al, you want freedom to do whatever you want with no consequences. There are consequences. Employers, schools, hospitals and governments will take responsibility to protect workers, students, teachers and citizens. This means they may exclude unvaccinated people.

By all means refuse to take the vaccine but live with the consequences.

This is still a choice for you. Make your choice, and then live with it.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
Al, you want freedom to do whatever you want with no consequences. There are consequences. Employers, schools, hospitals and governments will take responsibility to protect workers, students, teachers and citizens. This means they may exclude unvaccinated people.

im vaxed. not my point I was raising. unreal

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv

Absolutely.

It’s a person’s choice or right to not get vaccinated. It’s also a person’s choice or right to legally protect themselves from those people.

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
And to protect our children or grandchildren who aren't yet or can't be vaccinated.
This is key to me.

It a war. Us v virus.
Help us defeat it and everyone of us, adults and children, live a happy and safe life.
Or, refuse to help = siding with the enemy. Previously you would be interned.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Not surprised. The polling data shows that I shared here shows that you are three times more likely to vote ALP and twice as likely to vote Greens if you are an anti vaxer than be a coalition voter. And the same trends are showing all around Victoria with vaccination numbers across Victoria. Below is the report.

6% of those who identify as Labor said they wouldn't be vaxed. 4% of Greens. 2% of Coalition. But 15% of Other. These are the dummies who vote One Nation and Clive Palmer and overwhelmingly direct their preferences to the Coalition.

Reactions: 4 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
The anti-vaxxers have done something i thought impossible and that is to elicit a skerrick of public sympathy for John Setka.
He didn't appear to like the intimidation and threat of violence from the crowd. Kinda how his wife must of felt when home with him.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Love how the left and the media in general throw the label neo nazi right wing extremists to discredit people. It's an easy way to win an argument but not helping the situation.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
6% of those who identify as Labor said they wouldn't be vaxed. 4% of Greens. 2% of Coalition. But 15% of Other. These are the dummies who vote One Nation and Clive Palmer and overwhelmingly direct their preferences to the Coalition.
Therein lies the problem for the ALP.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Love how the left and the media in general throw the label neo nazi right wing extremists to discredit people. It's an easy way to win an argument but not helping the situation.

I think the construction industry has done more than enough to discredit themselves, they didn't need any help.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Like throwing out the label 'the left'?

Reactions: 2 users