Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
I knew I should've avoided the news, starting to get anxious again... more cases? Strained hospitals? What happened to lockdown X when we peaked - hospitals coped then?

Or are they just strategically creating news to get people to vaccinate? I recall working on a Water Restriction campaign years ago whereby our work was option B or C, when they leaked A and the public hated it then B kicked in... I fear that Dan will not open up according to the National Cabinet agreement, he will go rogue and then we can say goodby to the school year and many businesses with that too. :(

Reactions: 1 user

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Uttar Pradesh also leading the way on vaccination in India

True they are now 13% fully vaccinated

They were well under 5% when they crushed the delta curve in June.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
You still think Ivermectin is an anti-viral Lamb? Seems to go against what you said a few weeks back, that it's purely a therapeutic.
I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this latest post Anty. How exactly is being an anti viral and a therapeutic mutually exclusive?

BTW Anty some more information on the Ivermectin home kits you had asked about

Last edited:

Bunnerz

Richmond are cool man
Aug 12, 2003
Geelong
I knew I should've avoided the news, starting to get anxious again... more cases? Strained hospitals? What happened to lockdown X when we peaked - hospitals coped then?

Or are they just strategically creating news to get people to vaccinate? I recall working on a Water Restriction campaign years ago whereby our work was option B or C, when they leaked A and the public hated it then B kicked in... I fear that Dan will not open up according to the National Cabinet agreement, he will go rogue and then we can say goodby to the school year and many businesses with that too.

Next week will likely be more cases. School is back.
Interesting.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Great news, just reported,that imbecile cop who slammed the kid's head onto the concrete ground at Flinders st station i mentioned last week, well he has been suspended. Awesone stuff

I hope the young person involved is ok. And I think it’s worse that this police officer is an acting sergeant. If the police officer has a good record I hope he can keep his career as the police have been out under a lot of stress lately.
Interested in opinions but I think this is a truly disgusting cartoon by Leunig
View attachment 13716
I think it’s in poor taste, but not offended.

Last edited:

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne

Or are they just strategically creating news to get people to vaccinate? I recall working on a Water Restriction campaign years ago whereby our work was option B or C, when they leaked A and the public hated it then B kicked in... I fear that Dan will not open up according to the National Cabinet agreement, he will go rogue and then we can say goodby to the school year and many businesses with that too. :(
Talk of roadmaps etc creates the illusion that the situation is controlled. It's certainly not and I wouldn't expect Dan to bow to pressure and open up ahead of time. If he thinks he can get to 90% without it dragging out unduly, he'll hang on until 90%. Some of the other premiers will be similar.

NSW, as the state that *smile* up, gets to be the guinea pig.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Interested in opinions but I think this is a truly disgusting cartoon by Leunig
View attachment 13716
Its sad that this discussion is so polarised that you cannot recognise a legitimate argument about state power over individual objection regardless of whether you believe the objection has merit or not. Its not as if a state would ever abuse their powers right?

Every policy tool is acceptable if you 'follow the science". I think the eugenicists had the same philosophy.

Reactions: 2 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Mark Knight is worse. Prick of a bloke. (And his GF posters aren’t anywhere near as good as Weg’s either.)

Reactions: 1 users

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Andrews has consistently said we're following the Doherty plan. We are well and truly on the way to 80% double dose, its just a matter of time until we get there. If anything, I'd be expecting the 80% double-dose date to move forward once we're more secure with vaccine supplies. Martin Foley again today stressed we haven't got confirmation on the Pfizer vaccine delivery at the end of Oct, despite what was being reported elsewhere. Presuming this does arrive, there's no reason not to ask those waiting for a second dose to bring their bookings forward where practical.

What I'm more concerned about is winter next year when these vaccines supposedly start wearing off. Where is the news on booster shots? Are we going to be at the back of the queue again or will we for once see some proactiveness and foresight from our PM?

Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this latest post Anty. How exactly is being an anti viral and a therapeutic mutually exclusive?

BTW Anty some more information on the Ivermectin home kits you had asked about

They aren't but the evidence suggests that ivermectin has no anti-viral properties in the concentrations medicated to humans, but may have had some anti-inflammatory benefits. In fact that was in the study you yourself quoted, but it wouldn't be the first time you post things you haven't actually read.

Would be great if we actually had some information from Uttar Pradesh rather than a guy in the UK sitting in his kitchen.

Anyway, maybe we should make our own Ivermectin thread, no-one else seems interested. Waddya say Dr Lamb?

Last edited:

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Andrews has consistently said we're following the Doherty plan. We are well and truly on the way to 80% double dose, its just a matter of time until we get there. If anything, I'd be expecting the 80% double-dose date to move forward once we're more secure with vaccine supplies. Martin Foley again today stressed we haven't got confirmation on the Pfizer vaccine delivery at the end of Oct, despite what was being reported elsewhere. Presuming this does arrive, there's no reason not to ask those waiting for a second dose to bring their bookings forward where practical.

What I'm more concerned about is winter next year when these vaccines supposedly start wearing off. Where is the news on booster shots? Are we going to be at the back of the queue again or will we for once see some proactiveness and foresight from our PM?

You'd surely expect Australia to be on top of vaccine supply by then. I'll be due for a booster early in the new year if we assume six months after your last shot - I may not be able to get it then but hopefully people will get them done gradually before the colder months set in again.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Interesting take. But his talent is that he doesn't think like the rest of us. Probably could have made the same point without the Beijing insert.

He's being consistent at least - has taken a hardline "vaccination = fascism" approach in his cartoons.

1632909282946.png

I don't mind having the debate on this - I can appreciate that even a tiny temporary inconvenience that is a vaccine can be considered to be against personal rights for some.

There's that and going full looney tunes though.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Its sad that this discussion is so polarised that you cannot recognise a legitimate argument about state power over individual objection regardless of whether you believe the objection has merit or not. Its not as if a state would ever abuse their powers right?

Every policy tool is acceptable if you 'follow the science". I think the eugenicists had the same philosophy.
It is not legitimate to compare mandatory vaccines with the massacre of its own population by a totalitarian government.

Reactions: 3 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
  • Wow
< Golf | TV shows >