Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
I hope the young person involved is ok. And I think it’s worse that this police officer is an acting sergeant. If the police officer has a good record I hope he can keep his career as the police have been out under a lot of stress lately.
Personally I hope the cop loses his job & is charged.

Reactions: 1 user

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
You know tanks literally crushed thousands to death in Tianenmin right?
Perhaps that's Plan B.

The only problem I have is that it's potentially inciteful as anti-vaxxers will take it as a sign of support. Otherwise I don't see it much differently to the one below.

Do you find this cartoon offensive?

6a0177444b0c2e970d026bde90f058200c-pi

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
So will we see Dan, Sutton or Foley announce 3 weeks between doses for Pfizer and Moderna tomorrow given below:

A spokeswoman for Health Minister Greg Hunt said Victoria’s full October supply had been confirmed “on a number of occasions, including at 11am in writing this morning by Minister Hunt to Minister Foley”.

• Haha

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
So will we see Dan, Sutton or Foley announce 3 weeks between doses for Pfizer and Moderna tomorrow given below:

A spokeswoman for Health Minister Greg Hunt said Victoria’s full October supply had been confirmed “on a number of occasions, including at 11am in writing this morning by Minister Hunt to Minister Foley”.
Wants to play politics on it for mine. The numbers were released a couple of days ago by the General who is in charge. Mid October we will never have a supply issue again with the numbers that will be supplied.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Wants to play politics on it for mine. The numbers were released a couple of days ago by the General who is in charge. Mid October we will never have a supply issue again with the numbers that will be supplied.
I hope that's right but this Federal Government makes a lot of announcements but rarely delivers.

Reactions: 1 users

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul

Personally I'd believe Foley over Greg Hunt any day. Hunt is the one who has a longer history of playing politics and making irresponsible decisions on vaccines. His soothing words that the "supply will be fine" wouldn't fill me with confidence at all, I'd want it in writing.

Martin Foley addressed the supply issue this morning. I'm guess his press conference started at about 11am, which is convenient timing considering Hunt's version of events.

Reactions: 3 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Personally I'd believe Foley over Greg Hunt any day. Hunt is the one who has a longer history of playing politics and making irresponsible decisions on vaccines. His soothing words that the "supply will be fine" wouldn't fill me with confidence at all, I'd want it in writing.

Martin Foley addressed the supply issue this morning. I'm guess his press conference started at about 11am, which is convenient timing considering Hunt's version of events.

Presser started at about 11:20am, Foley hammered again on why Vic won't reduce vaccine gap given that supply had been verbally assured. Foley did say that promises in the past hadn't been met so until it was confirmed in writing they wouldn't act. He went on to say that they would reduce the gap in a nanosecond once written confirmation received.
As you say convenient timing, (to embarrass?), that written confirmation to Foley's office occurred at 11am.
Anyway Foley's nanosecond is up :) ;) I expect an announcement tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com

I think I'd believe Humphrey Bear over this Federal Government. Foley is not the only State Government official in the dark over supply.

Reactions: 2 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Going to be a while before the entire country opens up.

• Wow

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Why would anyone be worried about a booster every 6 months to protect your health? Flu shots are annual.
Nobody knows if there are any long-term cumulative effects of repeat injections. It's not ideal but all we have for the time being (except permanent lockdown).

Some people are forgetful about things like that and a memory lapse could be costly.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Perhaps that's Plan B.

The only problem I have is that it's potentially inciteful as anti-vaxxers will take it as a sign of support. Otherwise I don't see it much differently to the one below.

I didn't find the first one offensive, I found it to be a ridiculous misreading of history and the current situation.

Comparing Andrews to Chinese dictators is equally stupid.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Going to be a while before the entire country opens up.

Tassie will be opened up before Christmas according to this if it’s at the 90% fully vaccinated. I think they should give a date for opening based on when they expect to be at 90% based on giving everyone a fair opportunity to do so. If only 88% are vaccinated at this time so be it. We can’t have the vaccine hesitant controlling the situation. Personal accountability should be the overriding factor.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Leunig doesnt set the social agenda, he reflects the absurdity of it.

I reckon its a great cartoon,
I generally don’t mind Leunig Ezy but I reckon these sorts of cartoons feed the nutcases. It’s like equivalising Dan to Hitler or something to the Holocaust, they go too far.
However I appreciate all the diverse views on this particular cartoon, they have been very interesting to read.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Perhaps that's Plan B.

That cartoon isn't offensive.

It's just dumb.

I've never understood why cartoons are somehow considered to be insightful, cutting political commentary.

If the illustrator had just written 'Chairman Dan is a communist Dictator who punches grannies, hates schools and has caused all the small businesses to go under.' then you would dismiss it as another social media loonie. But if you draw it, it's somehow clever.

The leunig one is interesting.

Could easily be interpreted as a comment on how ridiculous the anti vax self hero worship is.

But it probably isn't.

We're all a bit broken if we're getting upset about cartoons.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
1,438 new local cases and 0 cases acquired overseas. - 34,323 vaccines administered - 65,497 test results received - Sadly, 5 people with COVID-19 have died

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I generally don’t mind Leunig Ezy but I reckon these sorts of cartoons feed the nutcases. It’s like equivalising Dan to Hitler or something to the Holocaust, they go too far.
However I appreciate all the diverse views on this particular cartoon, they have been very interesting to read.

A good cartoon has multiple layers and options to interpret it.

FWIW, I read it as

while chinese revolutionaries died to stop something horrendous,

Australian 'revolutionaries' pissed on the shrine of remembrance with impunity, standing up for the right to refuse a life saving medical miracle.

Ive got no dramas with others interpretations or reactions.