Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
In VIC briefing today they had a Mother and her 17 year old daughter who had been on ventilator in ICU speak, unbelievable story.
8 members of family got Covid.
Elderly parents double dosed and came through relatively unscathed.
Mother and father 1 dose, mother quite ill, father very unwell, was hospitalized but not ICU.
Son unvaccinated very unwell.
17 year old Daughter unvaccinated was in ICU on ventilator nearly died, still suffering side effects long recovery ahead to hopefully get back to normal.
The 17 year old caught it off her baby sister who caught it in day care.

*Note: I have posted press conference in a post below

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
In VIC briefing today they had a Mother and her 17 year old daughter who had been on ventilator in ICU speak, unbelievable story.
8 members of family got Covid.
Elderly parents double dosed and came through relatively unscathed.
Mother and father 1 dose, mother quite ill, father very unwell, was hospitalized but not ICU.
Son unvaccinated very unwell.
17 year old Daughter unvaccinated was in ICU on ventilator nearly died, still suffering side effects long recovery ahead to hopefully get back to normal.

It's a nasty virus, 17yo daughter probably unvaccinated because she was waiting to get the vaccines when available.

This is why we need to continue to limit the spread until we can get just about everyone vaccinated.

DS

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
It's a nasty virus, 17yo daughter probably unvaccinated because she was waiting to get the vaccines when available.

This is why we need to continue to limit the spread until we can get just about everyone vaccinated.

DS

Yes vaccine wasn't available for daughter at the time but her and her family's story motivated many of their friends, family, community and school to go get the jab.

Hopefully others can learn from it and their story has even a wider reach.

Also pretty brave to come out, especially the 17 year old, a bit sad when the mum feels the need to qualify "that we are not actors, this is not a script, this is our story" and goes on to say “Maybe there will be anonymous people online who will try and make her feel bad for speaking out. But they should know that nothing will ever make her feel worse than what COVID did.”

***If anyone wants to watch and I implore you do watch from the 8min 20 sec mark :

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Superstar
Aug 20, 2005
So I have a 12 year old and an 11 year old. 12 year old gets his second soon. 11 has nothing.

I feel the risk of school return to 11 year old is low based on my ‘research’ (aka google)

Should we be pushing school return for this cohort back until 5-11 gets approval and jabbed? I’ve argued no as negatives don’t outweigh the positives. Millions suffering education outcomes etc vs a small number getting sick. Am I off base here?

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

DS

I wonder if the 17 year old had similar symptoms to this girl who died in the UK.

Would suggest that the immune response from childrens bodies may differ to adults and in some children this can lead to inflammation of the heart which ultimately resulted in the death of the 15 year old.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Wow. Those 2 Melbourne dheads have paid a massive price - 10 months jail. Minimum 3 months. They’ll have criminal records now which means one of them won’t be able to work in the finance industry anymore either.

What a pair of fwts.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Tigers of Old

Proud of our Club.
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Wow. Those 2 Melbourne dheads have paid a massive price - 10 months jail. Minimum 3 months. They’ll have criminal records now which means one of them won’t be able to work in the finance industry anymore either.

What a pair of fwts.
Stack will be feeling a bit better tonight. Well done WA legal system. Melbourne should cancel their memberships for putting everything at risk too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Stack will be feeling a bit better tonight. Well done WA legal system. Melbourne should cancel their memberships for putting everything at risk too.
I wonder what penalties will be handed out to people falsifying vax certificates or entering premises or events requiring a vax certification illegally. Or premises not enforcing it properly. Betting a wet lettuce slap here in Victoria.

• Haha

Tigers of Old

Proud of our Club.
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Also pretty brave to come out, especially the 17 year old, a bit sad when the mum feels the need to qualify "that we are not actors, this is not a script, this is our story" and goes on to say “Maybe there will be anonymous people online who will try and make her feel bad for speaking out. But they should know that nothing will ever make her feel worse than what COVID did.”
Very brave & pretty scary for her & her family.

In better news this looks promising. Hopefully approved soon.

Also AstraZeneca to stop being made in Australia.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users

The Big Richo

Staff member
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty

What a pair of fwts.

I wonder if it was 2017 if I would have done the same thing.

I suspect the answer is yes and I wouldn't have regretted it.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010

What a pair of fwts.
They certainly don’t look like they would fit in, in jail either.

I know one shouldn’t always judge a book by it’s cover. But pretty boy private school, old tie types is my guess. The type you see wearing polo shirt, chinos and jumper around the shoulders (in fact there are photos circulating of one of the two wearing that sort of attire).

Doesn’t bare thinking about what sort of time they might have inside. Hopefully they don’t mind sharing a bunk with their large, hairy backed bikie cell mate, so as to not cause offence as a bad house guest.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
They certainly don’t look like they would fit in, in jail either.

I know one shouldn’t always judge a book by it’s cover. But pretty boy private school, old tie types is my guess. The type you see wearing polo shirt, chinos and jumper around the shoulders (in fact there are photos circulating of one of the two wearing that sort of attire).

Doesn’t bare thinking about what sort of time they might have inside. Hopefully they don’t mind sharing a bunk with their large, hairy backed bikie cell mate, so as to not cause offence as a bad house guest.
Yeah. Big Phil and his mates. Brrrr.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Easy to say when you’re not sitting in jail and Big Phil and his mates reckon you look ok….
In all honesty I would request to be put in solitary.
Melbourne should cancel their memberships for putting everything at risk too.
Legal penalties are one thing, but the source for their various tickets should be exposed. Not convinced they weren't assisted by someone at the club and/or AFL.

Reactions: 5 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Nearly 2300 cases in Victoria today. So much for the downward trend. Showing up NSW as amateurs in Covid case numbers.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users