Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

MD Jazz

Tiger Legend
Feb 3, 2017
In reality the penalty is way over the top. I reckon if they were a couple of werribee boys (unlikely to barrack for the Dees I suppose) who drove the nullabor and snuck into the GF and changeroom after match they'd be lauded for their audacity.

Imagine there's a fair dose of regret right now.

Reactions: 1 user

RoarEmotion

Tiger Superstar
Aug 20, 2005
Nearly 2300 cases in Victoria today. So much for the downward trend. Showing up NSW as amateurs in Covid case numbers.

Will be a classic case study one day. What was originally good will turned into general non or lackadaisical compliance probably because of so many micro freedom imposts that in the end have seemed unnecessary. (esp. outdoor restrictions) vs focusing on the high risk scenarios. Also when zero became unachievable its a bit like being 7 goals down in the grand final with half a quarter left - it turns into 15 goals pretty quickly.

Reactions: 2 users

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
OK...so what is wrong in Victoria?

Doing much worse than NSW and infinitely worse than every other state.

Don't give me the GF explanation..I don't buy it.

I noticed there will be pop up vax sites at some cafes and gyms..this is great, but well well overdue.
Pop up sites have long been needed everywhere.
Everyone has known access to vax appointments and locations has been an issue.
If the problem now is compliance .....who,where and why?
Is it too many self righteous , self indulgent folk, or confused and ignorant migrants, or false information from religious or community leaders? Has the Vic govt been too tardy , too lenient, not aggressive enough?
Far too many accepted workers in my view too.

Still hearing of many people refusing vax and masks for nonsense reasons. What's wrong with people?

Figures a bit disappointing today to say the least.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Also AstraZeneca to stop being made in Australia.

Federal government doing what they do best… killing local manufacturing.

Nearly 2300 cases in Victoria today. So much for the downward trend.

I was initially scratching my head over this spike in numbers, but when you work through the timeline, it actually makes sense. 2 weeks ago, we had a massive spike in cases as a result of illegal grand final parties (we went from 694 on 27/9 to 1429 on 30/9). Today’s numbers represents the results of day 13 tests from close contacts of positive cases from illegal grand final parties.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Lee's 2000 prediction only two days off. THE Age comments daily there are amateur statisticians posting Reff numbers extrapolating trends comparing to other states all.looking to say we are trending down ... about as accurate as those predicting stock market crashes over the years. By the way Covid will end and the stick market will crash..guaranteed. can't say when though.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Lee's 2000 prediction only two days off. THE Age comments daily there are amateur statisticians posting Reff numbers extrapolating trends comparing to other states all.looking to say we are trending down ... about as accurate as those predicting stock market crashes over the years. By the way Covid will end and the stick market will crash..guaranteed. can't say when though.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Let’s face it. Victoria is Australia’s problem child where Covid is concerned. No more defending Victoria. Everything from bungalled quarantine over and over, to riots and protests, to basic belligerence towards the rules and restrictions by people particularly various sectors like the building industry ….and on and on. One issue after another after another. From government to industry to individuals. Yeah we’ve had a couple of cross border infection break outs but beyond that, we’ve been a basket case.

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights

I was initially scratching my head over this spike in numbers, but when you work through the timeline, it actually makes sense. 2 weeks ago, we had a massive spike in cases as a result of illegal grand final parties (we went from 694 on 27/9 to 1429 on 30/9). Today’s numbers represents the results of day 13 tests from close contacts of positive cases from illegal grand final parties.
So 13 days after being not positive they are?

MD Jazz

Tiger Legend
Feb 3, 2017
Hilarious Ian. The Libs killed local manufacturing? You really are the most politically biased poster on this site.

Look at what is happening at Melbourne Port. The most overpaid bunch of lazy selfish protected pricks in Australia, holding a state to ransom. Do you know what these guys are paid? They are a *smile* disgrace.

Unions have killed manufacturing.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Wildride

Tiger Superstar
Sep 6, 2006
Brisbane
The reff estimate published on CovidBase has still been dropping, now down to 1.02. Even though the case numbers have spiked, we're pretty much at the peak and hopefully we can continue to drive down the reff and then see the case numbers drop.

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Tiger Legend
Feb 3, 2017
Let’s face it. Victoria is Australia’s problem child where Covid is concerned. No more defending Victoria. Everything from bungalled quarantine over and over, to riots and protests, to basic belligerence towards the rules and restrictions by people particularly various sectors like the building industry ….and on and on. One issue after another after another. From government to industry to individuals. Yeah we’ve had a couple of cross border infection break outs but beyond that, we’ve been a basket case.
Ultimately it comes back to leadership. The Feds have *smile* it with quarantine initially and then the vaccination rollout (you identified and nailed that very early in the piece). Scomo has been a disaster. But anyone arguing that Dan has shown the best leadership in the country is blithely ignoring outcomes. Those 3 hour press conferences have been shown up as completely pointless. His governments lack of engagement with key stakeholders in the vaccination space is poor. Poorly judged restrictions (banning outdoor activity/golf with no scientific evidence) has led to frustration and resentment. VIC always seems to be playing off the back foot on a dodgy pitch.

Reactions: 5 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
How do our LGA vaccination rates compare with NSW ? When I had a quick look about 2 weeks ago NSW really only had two laggard or underperforming LGAs - the Sydney and Byron LGAs. Victoria had about 6. Yarra, Melbourne, Darebin, Port Phillip etc. etc.

Somethings not right with the whole Victorian psyche.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Hilarious Ian. The Libs killed local manufacturing? You really are the most politically biased poster on this site.

Look at what is happening at Melbourne Port. The most overpaid bunch of lazy selfish protected pricks in Australia, holding a state to ransom. Do you know what these guys are paid? They are a *smile* disgrace.

Unions have killed manufacturing.

And your comment is not biased?

Worth commenting that the "Nobel" (not really) Memorial Prize for Economics went to economists who showed increasing the minimum wage increased employment and this was announced overnight.

Anyway, back on topic.

Bad numbers in Victoria, no idea how we can turn this around. The restrictions are still in place, the vaccination numbers are steadily rising, can't really see what more we can do.

DS

larabee

#13!
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
.... Poorly judged restrictions (banning outdoor activity/golf with no scientific evidence) has led to frustration and resentment. VIC always seems to be playing off the back foot on a dodgy pitch.
funny you mention golf - only a couple of weeks ago some restrictions in Vic and Melb eased including playing golf, going to gyms etc. Maybe todays spike is the usual lag from easing restrictions? ;)

Cases are going to go up as people start moving about more. I'm now looking at vaccinations (for more easing of restrictions) and hospitalisations (for stress on the health system).

7 Day Avg. Vaccinations dropped significantly in Vic, but picking up since restrictions eased. I would have thought there would be more of a rush for vac, with people seeing what's going on in Sydney
1634168068885.png

Hospitalisations and ICU not rising at same rate as new cases

1634168119267.png