Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
Any hope of opening up early next week would think now are out the window Get your Jabs Now

Wildride

Tiger Superstar
Sep 6, 2006
Brisbane
Any hope of opening up early next week would think now are out the window Get your Jabs Now
I think we're still on track - the Reff number is still tracking down even though the case numbers look bad, hospitalisations are at the lower end of the predictions, vaccination rates are on track - no reason to pause now.

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
As has been covered a few times now, these lagging LGA’s need to get vax rates up - and quickly.

As we begin to open up, restrictions lifted, the inner city LGA’s with low vax rates will begin to become the hotspot transmission areas. They’ll overtake the Northern and Western suburbs. A lot of people will quickly realise this and avoid those areas - be they vaxxed or not. That’ll leave all these struggling retail and hospitality operators continuing to struggle.

The government needs to step in big time in these LGA’s, as do the business operators in them who have bitched and whinged the entire pandemic. For their own benefit, they need to take some ownership themselves and promote vaccination, start distributing their entry policies etc otherwise opening up will mean Jack *smile* to their lifeline and long term sustainability if their local areas are considered higher risk than others.

Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
They’ll overtake the Northern and Western suburbs. A lot of people will quickly realise this and avoid those areas - be they vaxxed or not.

I live in Richmond so I'm basically doomed. Lee was right. There's no way I can survive this.

• Haha

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
How do our LGA vaccination rates compare with NSW ? When I had a quick look about 2 weeks ago NSW really only had two laggard or underperforming LGAs - the Sydney and Byron LGAs. Victoria had about 6. Yarra, Melbourne, Darebin, Port Phillip etc. etc.

Somethings not right with the whole Victorian psyche.

In the Victorian presser yesterday the media quizzed, (i think Brett Sutton), on those reported lower vaxxed LGA's and what was going to be done about them and how they get prioritized and mobilize an action plan. He said it is a combination of low vax rates and high cases numbers.

So rather then being proactive I guess here in Yarra we just have to wait for a large outbreak, before pop ups, media campaigns etc come to our area.

In this regard CUB in Abbotsford is playing it's part, (10 workers test positive), another 100 or so we might get a look in :rolleyes:

Yarra Council, (obviously responding to being named and shamed for it's poor performance), are hosting the below forum today & tonight:

YARRA CITY COUNCIL - Do you have questions about COVID-19 vaccines?

We understand there is a lot of misinformation and some members of our community are apprehensive about getting the vaccine.

Yarra City Council will be hosting a community vaccine forum on Thursday 14 October.

This will be moderated by Yarra resident and former ABC radio host, Jon Faine.

We know the community have questions and this forum will help provide you with answers from trusted and reliable sources.

You will be able to ask questions anonymously and learn more about AstraZeneca, Moderna and Pfizer from the experts.

Register here to receive the link to the midday or evening session:

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
In the Victorian presser yesterday the media quizzed, (i think Brett Sutton), on those reported lower vaxxed LGA's and what was going to be done about them and how they get prioritized and mobilize an action plan. He said it is a combination of low vax rates and high cases numbers.

So rather then being proactive I guess here in Yarra we just have to wait for a large outbreak, before pop ups, media campaigns etc come to our area.

In this regard CUB in Abbotsford is playing it's part, (10 workers test positive), another 100 or so we might get a look in :rolleyes:

At least the Yarra Council has responded to the press coverage of Yarra's poor performance and hosting the below forum today & tonight:

YARRA CITY COUNCIL - Do you have questions about COVID-19 vaccines?

We understand there is a lot of misinformation and some members of our community are apprehensive about getting the vaccine.

Yarra City Council will be hosting a community vaccine forum on Thursday 14 October.

This will be moderated by Yarra resident and former ABC radio host, Jon Faine.

We know the community have questions and this forum will help provide you with answers from trusted and reliable sources.

You will be able to ask questions anonymously and learn more about AstraZeneca, Moderna and Pfizer from the experts.

Register here to receive the link to the midday or evening session:
Yeah.

Right now NSW has four LGA’s below 80% first dose. One is Edward River which is just really Deniliquin so not high population/high density. Another is Randwick which is 79.2% so they’re close. Then there’s Byron and Sydney City.

Victoria has 7. All large population LGA’s. 3 high density. Yarra, Melbourne, Port Phillip, Darebin, Maribyrnong, Melton, Moreland.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
How do our LGA vaccination rates compare with NSW ? When I had a quick look about 2 weeks ago NSW really only had two laggard or underperforming LGAs - the Sydney and Byron LGAs. Victoria had about 6. Yarra, Melbourne, Darebin, Port Phillip etc. etc.

Somethings not right with the whole Victorian psyche.
Agree... has been way too much emphasis on one aspect of "the" science (as it now compulsory to say) that being the hard medical side and too little on the psychological / behavioural aspects of the human make up. In my uni days by some quirk of planning the immunology department was directly connected to the to the psychology school. Very apt.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Yeah.

Right now NSW has four LGA’s below 80% first dose. One is Edward River which is just really Deniliquin so not high population/high density. Another is Randwick which is 79.2% so they’re close. Then there’s Byron and Sydney City.

Victoria has 7. All large population LGA’s. 3 high density. Yarra, Melbourne, Port Phillip, Darebin, Maribyrnong, Melton, Moreland.

Just announcing at today's presser they are doing a pop up in Casey Fields promoted and publicized using the Melbourne Football Club, similar to what Western Bulldogs did in the Western Suburbs which was very successful.

How about Richmond and Collingwood Footy Clubs collaborate with Covid taskforce, huge publicity as it was with these others and have the pop-up at Victoria Park?

Reactions: 2 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Yeah.

In so many fields the citizens of Yarra, Melb, Port Phillip and Moreland are leaders and guides to the future, not sure why they are dragging the chain on this issue.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Just announcing at today's presser they are doing a pop up in Casey Fields promoted and publicized using the Melbourne Football Club, similar to what Western Bulldogs did in the Western Suburbs which was very successful.

How about Richmond and Collingwood Footy Clubs collaborate with Covid taskforce, huge publicity as it was with these others and have the pop-up at Victoria Park?
Yep. Good initiatives.

How about that bleating, dishonest scumbag Chris Lucas who has multiple restaurants and bars in the inner city and has bitched his bum off for 2 years about not being able to open, start sending out pro vax material to the tens of thousands of local attendees he has registered through his company ? Or better still, goes running to the Murdoch media again, but this time, doing something useful like espousing a pro vax position with respect to his venues once opening is permitted.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Some good points around targeting LGA's of concern.

Also Now vaccine rates are getting higher and we're about to open the virus up isn't it more important we pretty much ignore total numbers and look at hospital and ICU numbers now.

In current situation reckon we get more hung up on total numbers than we should.

Reactions: 7 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
The new infection numbers remain relevant but we should be adding in the hospitalisation/ICU numbers as part of the headline.

The vax numbers are pretty prominent but we need to change the measure to population 12 and above not 16 and above.

DS

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
The new infection numbers remain relevant but we should be adding in the hospitalisation/ICU numbers as part of the headline.

The vax numbers are pretty prominent but we need to change the measure to population 12 and above not 16 and above.

DS

12 and above isn't that much different to 16+, which is great but really shows that kids are getting their arms out way more than some of the others.

12+ 85.6% single dose, 58.8% double
16+ 86.7% single dose, 61.5% double

I think these are yesterdays figures but shows there isn't a great deal of difference between the 2.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Southern Tasmania now holding it's breath as to whether we will see the state's first outbreak since April last year.

Some bogan idiot travelled into the state from Wodonga in VIC, without the appropriate approvals. He was then tested and locked up in mandatory hotel quarantine. His tests have since come back positive for the delta variant. But in the meantime, he climbed out of the window of the quarantine hotel and got a lift with a mate to the outer northern suburbs of Hobart (a broadacre housing commission area) to his girlfriend's house for a root, then to another house in the area for a session of choofing with his mates (a root and a bit of choofing, what more could one ask, sounds like a perfect day out).

With the social dynamics in the area (households of 7 kids with 5 different fathers, or blended households full of his hers and ours kids), the student bodies of the schools in the area are a concern. And apparently the idiot in question isn't being particularly forthcoming to police regarding all of his movements. Hence it's a bit of an unknown what all of his movements were and what establishments he has been to.

Last edited:
  • Sad

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
12 and above isn't that much different to 16+, which is great but really shows that kids are getting their arms out way more than some of the others.

12+ 85.6% single dose, 58.8% double
16+ 86.7% single dose, 61.5% double

I think these are yesterdays figures but shows there isn't a great deal of difference between the 2.
Kids are used to getting vaccinations.

They stick their arms out to get a jab every couple of years at school.

None of them can understand why there are so many sookie babies in adulthood.

Reactions: 5 users

TT33

GO TIGES!!!
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Southern Tasmania now holding it's breath as to whether we will see the state's first outbreak since April last year.

Some bogan idiot travelled into the state from Wodonga in VIC, without the appropriate approvals. He was then tested and locked up in mandatory hotel quarantine. His tests have since come back positive for the delta variant. But in the meantime, he climbed out of the window of the quarantine hotel and got a lift with a mate to the outer northern suburbs of Hobart (a broadacre housing commission area) to his girlfriend's house for a root, then to another house in the area for a session of choofing with his mates (a root and a bit of choofing, what more could one ask, sounds like a perfect day out).

With the social dynamics in the area (households of 7 kids with 5 different fathers, or blended households full of his hers and ours kids), the student bodies of the schools in the area are a concern. And apparently the idiot in question isn't being particularly forthcoming to police regarding all of his movements. Hence it's a bit of an unknown what all of his movements were and what establishments he has been to.

Dangle the fool from the Derwent Bridge, he'll soon cough up the details. What an absolute flog.

Stig

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 2, 2020
OK...so what is wrong in Victoria?

Doing much worse than NSW and infinitely worse than every other state.

Don't give me the GF explanation..I don't buy it.

I noticed there will be pop up vax sites at some cafes and gyms..this is great, but well well overdue.
Pop up sites have long been needed everywhere.
Everyone has known access to vax appointments and locations has been an issue.
If the problem now is compliance .....who,where and why?
Is it too many self righteous , self indulgent folk, or confused and ignorant migrants, or false information from religious or community leaders? Has the Vic govt been too tardy , too lenient, not aggressive enough?
Far too many accepted workers in my view too.

Still hearing of many people refusing vax and masks for nonsense reasons. What's wrong with people?

Figures a bit disappointing today to say the least.
It’s like the coach “losing the players “ theory . Government has lost the plot and the citizens know this . Management of the state is extremely poor . End of story ! There the facts

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
It’s like the coach “losing the players “ theory . Government has lost the plot and the citizens know this . Management of the state is extremely poor . End of story ! There the facts
Glad you came on Stig.. has been bugging me why the tourism operators aren't up in arms in Qld ? Have they made such a motzer over the decades they are cashed up and can wait as long as it takes? Or are all you Queenslanders roaming around the state spending your cash (when you aren't flying in and out of WA SA and NT. Assume you don't head to Tas in case flight is diverted to the hell that is Sydney or Melbourne)