Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Having a look at Vic Gov covid site...... 9 (ten minus one) people under 50 have died from COVID.. out of 945 deaths in Vic. Under 100 less than 70.
Surprised me given the publicity the young deaths get, expected it to be much larger. Always good to reset perspective,

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
Anyone tried linking their vaccination certificate to their Service Victoria app using myGov?
I finally did it tonight but I had to add in many steps that were left off the gov't coronavirus website procedure.
If anyone needs some help let me know via Reply.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I linked the accounts and it was remarkably easy. Maybe depends on the phone/operating system etc. Be hard to make something for every variation, but my phone is a bit obscure, it is a OnePlus5 running Android.

DS

MD Jazz

Tiger Legend
Feb 3, 2017
And your comment is not biased?

Worth commenting that the "Nobel" (not really) Memorial Prize for Economics went to economists who showed increasing the minimum wage increased employment and this was announced overnight.

Anyway, back on topic.

Bad numbers in Victoria, no idea how we can turn this around. The restrictions are still in place, the vaccination numbers are steadily rising, can't really see what more we can do.

DS
Yeh, its not just unions that have killed manufacturing, And whilst I have little time for much of their attitude and behaviour I do acknowledge they have a place.

Funny thing is I am part of a business trying to bring back the complete manufacture of a product to Australia at the moment. Massive challenges when you compete with hourly wage rates in China ranging from $1.50 - 5.00 per hour.

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Tiger Legend
Feb 3, 2017
I linked the accounts and it was remarkably easy. Maybe depends on the phone/operating system etc. Be hard to make something for every variation, but my phone is a bit obscure, it is a OnePlus5 running Android.

DS
Same. Very simple, took all of about a minute.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
It’s like the coach “losing the players “ theory . Government has lost the plot and the citizens know this . Management of the state is extremely poor . End of story ! There the facts
Where the facts?

Don't leave us hanging on a cliffhanger. Especially after you ended the story.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Anyone tried linking their vaccination certificate to their Service Victoria app using myGov?
I finally did it tonight but I had to add in many steps that were left off the gov't coronavirus website procedure.
If anyone needs some help let me know via Reply.
I found that the key is to update the version of the Service Vic app. Go into version History and click on 1.14.0 and it works. Some of my friends found that even when there was no trigger to get that latest version by doing that it means you get the icon to link the certificate

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Having a look at Vic Gov covid site...... 9 (ten minus one) people under 50 have died from COVID.. out of 945 deaths in Vic. Under 100 less than 70.
Surprised me given the publicity the young deaths get, expected it to be much larger. Always good to reset perspective,
The deaths from the outbreak from last year were heavily linked to aged care so that is going to skew the results.

I know for sure that this time around the number of younger people admitted to hospital as a percentage of the total is much higher and some have died but admittedly very few. That may well be linked to the fact that admissions and deaths are overwhelmingly unvaccinated and single vaccinated and young people are a higher percentage of that group mainly because they got access much later.

Yesterday I heard that Victoria has recorded almost double the number of COVID cases so far this year compared to 2020, but 85 per cent fewer deaths. Vaccines are a big part of this but also treatment is much better as doctors learn more about the virus.

Reactions: 2 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
I found that the key is to update the version of the Service Vic app. Go into version History and click on 1.14.0 and it works. Some of my friends found that even when there was no trigger to get that latest version by doing that it means you get the icon to link the certificate
Similar for me. Heard someone on radio say delete the app and reinstall which I did and it worked very easily. But updating the app version is smarter.
Colleague said the app has a feature to capture your certificate to show separately to a venue checkin but haven't tried it.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne

2nded, I couldn't update at first because the service vic app hadn't automatically updated. Once I did that manually it was fine.

Stig

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 2, 2020
Good on NSW for opening up ! We have 6 different states with 6 different sets of rules . FACT !!
Morrison has no control over the states . Hasn’t for past 12 months
Queensland are building quarantine facilities. VIC will have ridiculous rules and lockdowns into 2022 and NSW closing quarantine down and opening up . Who is right and who is wrong . Who knows . Living in Queensland makes you realise how ridiculous the situation is Victoria . CoVid stops at the Tweed Heads border . Very smart virus the delta !! Lol
We have one case every two weeks here and it disappears like that !
Andrews is hell bent on destroying the economy . Not into politics . Neither left or right . They are all incompetent!! Current situation is NSW v Vic or should I say Liberal V Labor . Glad I don’t play in this complete rubbish . Get vaxxed and move on !

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users