Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
The time has come. According to this article there are over 7,000,000 doses delivered to state hubs, GP’s and pharmacies. We need the country to be fully open by mid December in time for Christmas. There should be now no excuses for any state to get their vaccinated population up to 90%. The Feds can be blamed for the go slow. But the pressure now needs to be at the States. National cabinet needs to be put together in person and a joint press conference. It’s time to feel like a true nation again. Perhaps the full opening date can be our new Australia Day?

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
AFL has released a predictable and largely unavoidable policy - no jab, no play.

Well, it had to happen as states are saying that footballers would be subject to mandatory vaccinations, plus, travel to other states would likely be impossible, especially WA.

That said, no jab, no play is the right policy. It clears everything up and Australian Rules Football is a contact sport so the players really do need to be vaccinated. Plus, it means there are no questions, all players will be vaccinated.

I suspect we will get the same message early in 2022: no jab, no go to footy.

DS

The A-League is yet to mandate this and there are about a dozen unnamed players that haven’t got it yet. James Troisi especially hasn’t been shy in spreading his anti-vax views on social media. With the season starting in 4 weeks, travel is already problematic.

The time has come. According to this article there are over 7,000,000 doses delivered to state hubs, GP’s and pharmacies. We need the country to be fully open by mid December in time for Christmas. There should be now no excuses for any state to get their vaccinated population up to 90%. The Feds can be blamed for the go slow. But the pressure now needs to be at the States. National cabinet needs to be put together in person and a joint press conference. It’s time to feel like a true nation again. Perhaps the full opening date can be our new Australia Day?

I can see both sides of this discussion. If you are from a COVID zero state, why would you wanna open borders to VIC and NSW? Queensland did announce a December 17 opening this week, but projections also suggest up to 200 deaths in the first 3 months. I also acknowledge how important tourism is to their economy… so they have to weigh up the very difficult decision of between the economy and people dying.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
I’d get one now if I could. Pfizer or Moderna. Wouldn’t worry me which one.

I wonder what eligibility rules the government will introduce for the booster? Will it be as simple as being able to get it after you pass 6 months from your second dose? Will these rules change when 5-11 years olds become eligible? You would assume they will get prioritised once eligible.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I wonder what eligibility rules the government will introduce for the booster? Will it be as simple as being able to get it after you pass 6 months from your second dose? Will these rules change when 5-11 years olds become eligible? You would assume they will get prioritised once eligible.
Who knows.

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Same approach for smokers?

Definitely when it comes to lung transplants. Not sure about being admitted to hospital with breathing problems though.

Antivaxers are scabbing off the rest of society's hard work, but it would be heartless to turn away a covid patient at a hospital. Plus its not really in the nature of nurses and doctors to NOT help someone.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Definitely when it comes to lung transplants. Not sure about being admitted to hospital with breathing problems though.

Antivaxers are scabbing off the rest of society's hard work, but it would be heartless to turn away a covid patient at a hospital. Plus its not really in the nature of nurses and doctors to NOT help someone.
Speaking of which, has anybody else seen these “Don’t be a scab….get the jab” posters appearing around town ?? Few of them in my area.

Reactions: 1 users

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Speaking of which, has anybody else seen these “Don’t be a scab….get the jab” posters appearing around town ?? Few of them in my area.

Yes i have and that's what i was referencing actually!

But they only seem to last about 24 hours before someone rips them down.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
I think I’d prefer a fully pay for any medical care if I change my mind that Covid is real approach vs the GAGF approach. And by the way the average cost per Covid ICU patient is $k250 (full guess by me) or whatever it is.

Someone should calculate this number and publish it to make just how transparently scabby anti vaxxers are being.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Watching everyone celebrate in Melbourne is like the end of WWII. Funny. Even Lockdan celebrates maskless with his family in the backyard.

Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

how about

'dont be a *smile* .... like greg hunt'

• Haha