Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Thought that Corona virus was where all them numpties put lemon wedges in their stubbies n ruined the taste of beer.

Last couple of flags have simply reminded me of when we were fairly " boss " n expected an annual walk up to the finals. Not a chance in hell I'm content with just a couple n happy to fall off the perch if I somehow get virused. Looking forward to trying to shaft the comp n get another couple of flags n then I'll be content to fall off. Either that or they should have got me while we were crap n I might not have suffered for 35 years.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
So if you want to bring a horse or any animal to Australia from most foreign countries they are subjected to quarantine restrictions.

But until two days ago with the potential of a pandemic disease occurring in China we were letting about 1000 people a day in from China.:bash

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
2000 people infected and more than 50 deaths. SARS had 8500/900. Even though China has acted faster this time, the transmission rate is alarming.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I went to Elton John at Hanging Rock yesterday and a 355ml can of Corona was $10. That gave me a virus.
Serves you right for going to an Elty concert :)). Roughly 2 bucks a stubbie when ya buy a slab from the supermarket, freight costs obviously exorbitant at Hanging Rock.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
One report said that all the deaths were people aged 48+. Doesn't help me, but if you're young and healthy and happen to get it, the odds are on your side.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
So if you want to bring a horse or any animal to Australia from most foreign countries they are subjected to quarantine restrictions.

But until two days ago with the potential of a pandemic disease occurring in China we were letting about 1000 people a day in from China.:bash

Yeah that was my thought tman.

A beagle will rip a cheese and tomatoe sandwich out of your suitcase at the airport

But you can walk in with a potential pandemic.

Its weird.

But i also reckon the WHO hype up a pandemic scare every few years to get more $$$

Reactions: 1 user

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Jokes already trending.

The Coronavirus will not last long as it was made in China.

• Haha

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Deal with an agent in China and she says it is a whole lot worse than we are being told here. She in in a city a long way from Wuhan (Foshan) and is housebound.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
Based on what I'm reading, I can't see how this doesn't spread across the globe.

This is a very different beast to previous pandemic scares.

I'm not an expert, but have studied virology and epidemiology. This will be a real test of our international procedures. Not a lot any of us as individuals can do here.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
i'm not saying we shouldn’t be cautious and take the right precautions, but we shouldn't be alarmed about it either. the scaremongering from SARS and bird flu was beyond ridiculous. 106 deaths is sad. but the flu kills 660,000 people each year. that’s what we should be alarmed about.

Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
i'm not saying we shouldn’t be cautious and take the right precautions, but we shouldn't be alarmed about it either. the scaremongering from SARS and bird flu was beyond ridiculous. 106 deaths is sad. but the flu kills 660,000 people each year. that’s what we should be alarmed about.

As someone living close to the action, SARS and Birdflu wasn't scaremongering. The lock down, quarantine, enforced segregation of workplaces etc went a long way to containing the spread.

What you need to remember is that these are races between the virus spreading and the scientists to create a vaccine. The aim of the precautions is to slow down the spread long enough to find a cure/preventative.

As for the flu, I have 2 flu shots every year, as do the family, and I can't remember the last time any of us caught the flu, despite friends and family going down with it. The issue there is getting the flu shots available to everyone. It's a different problem.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
5500/131

It's an unknown quantity at this stage. Too early even to pin down a mortality rate. One projection has the rate of infection doubling every six days and peaking in April/May.

Having had a mild bout of pneumonia in 2017, I don't recommend taking a bat-supercharged viral version lightly.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Last edited:

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne

I think we need to take all the precautions necessary to limit the impact of these viruses.
The Spanish Flu epidemic killed over 20 million people, I know it's a long time ago (1918 - 1921) but it demonstrates what devastation can be caused if the necessary precautions aren't taken.

Reactions: 1 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Danish newspaper refuses to apologise to China over coronavirus cartoon

EPXdS9mUEAATiNC

Any comment on this, @23.21.159 ?