Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
As you should. It's exactly as ToO said - avoided so as not to stigmatise a specific location.

Nobody knows where the **** Ebola River is, but they sure know what happens if you get it. Personally I'd never heard of Wuhan before, either.
I give up because you will run your agenda no matter what anyone says. I actually know someone who works in the WHO but you know best !
it’s a waste of my time

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I give up because you will run your agenda no matter what anyone says. I actually know someone who works in the WHO but you know best !
it’s a waste of my time

That’s great. I know two airline pilots but it doesn’t mean I know where MH370 is. You seem to have a compulsive need to correct me without being able to back it up.

Well.known trainer Vic Rail was killed in the 90’s by the Hendra virus. Where do you reckon it got its name? It wouldn’t happen under the current criteria.

Reactions: 1 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
That’s great. I know two airline pilots but it doesn’t mean I know where MH370 is. You seem to have a compulsive need to correct me without being able to back it up.

Well.known trainer Vic Rail was killed in the 90’s by the Hendra virus. Where do you reckon it got its name? It wouldn’t happen under the current criteria.
I emailed someone from the WHO and I stated what that person said. That’s it.
The naming convention has been changed but not for the reason you and TM suggest.
It’s no more complicated than that

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Last edited:

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
65,246 cases
1,487 deaths (2.28%)
10,603 severe (16%)
46,164 mild (71%)
6,992 recovered (11%)

Figures jumping around a lot now. Yesterday's change to the method of counting "infected" renders all previous data useless in trend analysis.

The update was late this morning, so perhaps there is more data to come in.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Some adjustments going on with the case count, with the number of deaths wound back.

64,453 cases
1,384 deaths (2.15%)
10,608 severe (16%)
45,360 mild (70%)
7,101 recovered (11%)
The number of deaths from coronavirus in China was revised down on Friday to 1380, after a huge spike on Thursday. The National Health Commission removed 108 deaths after discovering “duplicate statistics” in hard-hit central Hubei province, according to its daily update, without providing more details.

Coronavirus outbreak: senior US official accuses China of lack of transparency

Last edited:

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Ah for the good old non PC days when a chap could blame another country for your own propaganda purposes....

To maintain morale, wartime censors minimized early reports of illness and mortality in Germany, the United Kingdom, France, and the United States.[10][11] Papers were free to report the epidemic's effects in neutral Spain(such as the grave illness of King Alfonso XIII).[12] These stories created a false impression of Spain as especially hard hit,[13] thereby giving rise to the pandemic's nickname, "Spanish flu".[14]

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Speaking of the 1918-20 epidemic it was to some extent a portent of the future spread of such things... WW1 and the aftermath were the first time in human history where there was massive rapid movement of people.... particularly as millions of troops demobilised and returned home and others displaced persons relocated bringing the infection with them.Today there would be hundreds of thousands of people crossing borders everyday.

Whatever your view of colonialism id say the diseases introduced by settlers killed more indengenous people than bullets.

Reactions: 1 user

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
I don't follow the Premier of Danistan on FB but I was looking up my local MLA's webpage and his FB feed was there ….. Dan is claiming anyone avoiding Chinese precincts is racist. Hopefully he also posted this in Mandarin if its not just targeted at Gweilo.

Dan Andrews
Politician · 609,675 Likes
· 1 hr ·
Last I checked coronavirus wasn't on the banquet menu.
But many Victorians seem to think it is.
Box Hill's restaurants are quiet. Chinatown gets more deserted by the day.
But that's not because of any medical advice or common sense.
A lot of it is simply fear.
A view that somehow, for whatever reason, Chinese people – and Chinese restaurants – should be avoided.
It's wrong – and it's discriminatory.
So let me say this, as clearly as I can:
Chinese communities are safe.
Chinese restaurants are safe.
Get out this weekend and have a meal.
And don't let fear ruin what's great about our state.

Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Honestly it's ridiculous & I really like Dan Andrews.
Mostly Chinese Australians visit these restaurants.
Are they too being discriminatory?
It's not racism, it's common sense.

Reactions: 2 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Honestly it's ridiculous & I really like Dan Andrews.
Mostly Chinese Australians visit these restaurants.
Are they too being discriminatory?
It's not racism, it's common sense.

And the funniest thing is that his accompanying photo is of him and family unpacking the TAKEAWAY in the safety of their own kitchen! Probably arrived by Deliveroo or he sent the Govt driver down to pick it up ?

Reactions: 2 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Australians of Chinese descent still don't speak English? 操我 !
Maybe you should ask that question of Gladys Liu MHR whose office is in Box Hill.
Otherwise why does she waste her time and our money publishing her electorate information in Chinese languages and similarly how to vote cards. Under the pressure of exercising their democratic rights, they forget how to speak English perhaps?
People of foreign "descent" are fleunt in English but not all of those recently arrived or elderly are.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Your comment was Andrews should do it in Chinese or else he's just targeting white people. The inference is that only white people are fluent in English.

Couldn't be a more racist statement if you tried.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I don't follow the Premier of Danistan on FB but I was looking up my local MLA's webpage and his FB feed was there ….. Dan is claiming anyone avoiding Chinese precincts is racist. Hopefully he also posted this in Mandarin if its not just targeted at Gweilo.

Dan Andrews
· 1 hr ·
A view that somehow, for whatever reason, Chinese people – and Chinese restaurants – should be avoided.
Typical of a politicians dribble. If the local Chinese won't go shopping in Box Hill or the China town precinct in the city why the *smile* should I? Must be because old male whitey b racist according to the pocket pissin dribblers in charge at Spring st.

deedee

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 12, 2011

Dan Andrews
· 1 hr ·
I hate Chinese food, I guess that makes me racist long before the current out break of coronavirus, in Dan the mans eyes