Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Wot?

The T20 world Cup Final was held on Sat 8/3.

The following Friday (13/8) was the date the Grand Prix was due to start which was cancelled that morning.
I agree that was a debacle at the gates but at least common sense prevailed & the event didn't go ahead in spite of the confusion around it.

Later that day though Scotty from marketing was telling everyone that he was going to shut down all non-essential gatherings of more than 500 people.. BUT it was to be suspended until Monday because first he had to go to the footy! & have his mate's Hillsong Conference finish!

It's one thing to blame a Premier but when the PM isn't showing the way as leader of the country it's a bit rich to go blaming the States.

There is blame on the federal govt for not closing borders earlier, for not cancelling flights from China earlier.

On the 8th March the spread of the virus was well known. That event should not have gone ahead. The spread in Bergamo Italy is being traced to a champions league match on Feb 19! That one event has caused huge numbers of cases and deaths. And that involved less people than attended the MCG. Dan dodged a massive bullet. The Grand prix was going ahead until Lewis Hamilton & the teams intervened, nothing to do with common sense from Dan. There was zero leadership.

All i'm trying to point out is massive mistakes have been made on by both sides, its an unprecedented challenge and I'd love to see the scotty bashing reduced. We all know what is required, we don't need the govt telling us not to spend a few hours in a hair salon.

Reactions: 1 user

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
No doubt Dan blundered with the GP but i can cut him slack on the T20 final. Interesting listening about the GP on Hutchy's podcast where it was intimated that the government faced big financial penalties from whoever runs the GP circuit these days if the Vic Government were the ones to cancel, hence the holding out and hoping that it wasn't the government that officially pulled the plug. Said earlier that on the whole Dan is pretty good but he does make the odd hard-to-fathom mistake.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I'd like to see the respective governments pressure utilities companies to lower their charges since we all need electricity and gas. The last thing anyone needs when recovering at home from coronavirus is a freezing cold house.

Reactions: 3 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Got some info today from a doctor who has an anaesthetist staying with him who was assigned to cruise ship patients. CV19 is most contagious for 12-14 days but you may not show symptoms. After that period you may get sick - this period is approx 30 days. Advice - Vitamins D, C, Zinc. Wash hands, drink warm fluids, including boiled warm water. Don’t go out. So that’s 6 weeks, but you have to hope others are being as diligent.. he thinks the idea of lockdown really is the key..

This is quality information. I’d follow the above before anything else being reported.

Out of curiosity, did they give an indication of the recommended dose for the vitamins?

B

Bill James

This is quality information. I’d follow the above before anything else being reported.

Out of curiosity, did they give an indication of the recommended dose for the vitamins?

Real quality information, a friend of a friend of a friend said ..........and he wasn't even a virologist, or an epidemiologist.

The final briefing written by the Japanese is in English and easy to read. Here's the link.

Diamond Princess Field Briefing

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
So we know there's a shortage of test kits, which is the reason for the criteria on who will and won't be tested.
The shortage of test kits (I know there has been a recent arrival of some) is the reason why not enough people have been tested. Which is a factor in the spread of COVID-19 in Australia.
Why can't we make our own test kits? Is it a because of patent laws?
Surely Australia can start making their own test kits, we've had plenty of time to explore the idea.
It takes much longer than that. Also testing consumables/ kits are usually specific to an analyser, the equipment. Manufacturers do that in pathology equipment so users are tied to both their equipment and consumables.
There are so many examples in medical equipment and supplies that we would be much better off if we had a manufacturing sector but we don’t. It’s a lesson for the future.

Reactions: 4 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Apparently 500,000 rapid fire 15 minute test kits will be available next week

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
That post/info doing the rounds about warm fluids blah blah has been discredited and confirmed as fake

• Wow

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
They don’t care about long term economic consequences they are doctors. They are also thinking much too short term IMO, they aren’t considering the consequences of putting thousands out of work.

Yeah, that is not close to explaining how you concluded that having more contagious people out and about infecting orders of magnitude more people is less of a burden on the health system.

Last edited: