Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Trump on the the potential US death toll:

If the US can hold the death count down to 100,000 it will show the country had done a "very good job", he said o_O .

Oh
Be careful there @caesar ..... you may be accused of having TDS by some! Goes to show what a bunch of knuckleheads they are who voted for him and still reckon he's doing a great job, possibly 10 outta 10... fmd!

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
B

Bill James

In someways this may all be a positive in the way the world looks at its hygiene as we move forward,
These measures will have a large impact in Australia considering Influenza is transmitted similarly and is a top 8 cause of death in this country. Globally the impact on all communicable diseases will be massive. 5 million people a year die from communicable diseases, just a one percent improvement due to hygiene measures, will save 50,000 lives.

Wash your hands
Cover your cough
Stay home if you are sick

If the measures are valid for COVID which has not yet killed 50,000, why not for the 5 million who die from other communicable diseases?

Table from the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare, National Mortality Database. (the latest available)

Australian Cause of Death 2015-2017.png

Reactions: 1 users

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
These measures will have a large impact in Australia considering Influenza is transmitted similarly and is a top 8 cause of death in this country. Globally the impact on all communicable diseases will be massive. 5 million people a year die from communicable diseases, just a one percent improvement due to hygiene measures, will save 50,000 lives.

Wash your hands
Cover your cough
Stay home if you are sick

If the measures are valid for COVID which has not yet killed 50,000, why not for the 5 million who die from other communicable diseases?

Table from the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare, National Mortality Database. (the latest available)

View attachment 9683
Geepers , having just had prostate cancer & surgery & looking like 100% recovery, i am really shocked that many blokes in Australia die from it

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Problem with Trump is that the people who have unflinchingly backed him and wear MAGA Caps will cling to anything to validate their beliefs. To admit they were completely wrong after the massive vocal campaign is really too hard for most humans. So if they can avoid it, they will.

Hail to the Chief

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Problem with Trump is that the people who have unflinchingly backed him and wear MAGA Caps will cling to anything to validate their beliefs. To admit they were completely wrong after the massive vocal campaign is really too hard for most humans. So if they can avoid it, they will.

classic Trump cult. he can do no wrong in the eyes of many. the USA's slow response to COVID-19 should really sound the death knell for Trump, but I don't think it will.

I’d like to say I was surprised when he changed his mind about shutting down New York and nearby regions yesterday, but the economy must always come first at the expense of everything else. He probably still believes they can still re-open by Easter.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
classic Trump cult. he can do no wrong in the eyes of many. the USA's slow response to COVID-19 should really sound the death knell for Trump, but I don't think it will.

I’d like to say I was surprised when he changed his mind about shutting down New York and nearby regions yesterday, but the economy must always come first at the expense of everything else. He probably still believes they can still re-open by Easter.

Can you believe his approval rating has increased in the last 2 months? Apparently its now the highest it has ever been.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Can you believe his approval rating has increased in the last 2 months? Apparently its now the highest it has ever been.

Yes, but that's fairly normal when the population is under stress / threat. But, dunno, their choice I guess.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Be careful there @caesar ..... you may be accused of having TDS by some! Goes to show what a bunch of knuckleheads they are who voted for him and still reckon he's doing a great job, possibly 10 outta 10... fmd!

No one on here is willing to support Trump anymore, or admit how wrong they were.

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Yesterday I saw SCOMOs presser, 60 minutes, TV , radio , newspaper and social media...information overload. It’s so hard to work out the truth.
My take is that there are shoots of good news, the growth rate has slowed, but if we take the foot off the peddle that will soon change.
The 6 months has always been a time period where we will have some form of restrictions in. What is likely is that there will be some social distancing and pretty severe restrictions on travel for 6 months or so.
Even if we are successful in slowing down the virus many parts of the world are not so we can’t import a 2nd wave.
I would have thought the best case scenario is to get the virus under control enough to be able to loosen restrictions to a point that there can be some economic activity but to maintain fortress Australia for a longer period.
We aren’t anywhere near that yet however

Exactly what the plan is. Delay the spread now to give time to get more ICU beds set up and massively increase the medical supplies. In addition to then spread the confimed cases over a lot longer.

If we are successful then the Government will begin to kick start the economy to get 4 or 5 of the 8 cylinders working until the vaccine is available and administered. Time wise will depend on what we all do now and for the next few months.

Just expect the borders to Australia to remain closed for 12/24 months. Reopening will be based on the state of the virus in the rest of the world