Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
What sort of leadership is that if you're not going to enforce rules that apply to everyone else? My word for it is negligent.
I can see that point but in this instance there probably needs to be some leeway and understanding. It's a volatile situation and a difficult one to police as well.

I really hope people use common sense and stay away at this time. I don't have an issue with peaceful protest but these are far from normal times.

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I can see that point but in this instance there probably needs to be some leeway and understanding. It's a volatile situation and a difficult one to police as well.

I really hope people use common sense and stay away at this time. I don't have an issue with peaceful protest but these are far from normal times.
Agree. I thought Andrews spoke well given the circumstances.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
There is no volatility here. This encourages volatility.

If only they could keep the disease among themselves.
You are right. If he was a real leader he would call in the military and tear gas the crowd, and any journos that are there should be a target.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
You are right. If he was a real leader he would call in the military and tear gas the crowd, and any journos that are there should be a target.

No, he wouldn’t need to mention the protest and would reiterate the crisis rules while leaving the police to issue fines to the self-entitled.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Yeah. Or you get a riot.

Why is your advice always to escalate rather than de-escalate?
i would think the protesters would just refuse to give their details or go with the cops- the cops would then have the choice to get physical or walk away.
getting physical at a protest against police brutality will never end well for anyone.

and physical confrontation will not reduce the chance of transmission, i would say it is likely to increase the risk.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
You really don't know how demonstrations work do you

I know that you do what the man in blue tells you to do. That's enough.

I actually find it very easy to picture you giving lip to a cop, even though I have no idea what you look like!

Last edited:
  • Haha

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
i would think the protesters would just refuse to give their details or go with the cops- the cops would then have the choice to get physical or walk away.
getting physical at a protest against police brutality will never end well for anyone.

and physical confrontation will not reduce the chance of transmission, i would say it is likely to increase the risk.

They're required by law to supply name and address to police. If they are then cuffed and dragged off to the cells, they deserved it. If they resist and get hurt, they deserved it.

Stop barracking for *smile*.

Last edited:

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I know that you do what the man in blue tells you to do. That's enough.

I actually find it very easy to picture you giving lip to a cop, even though I have no idea what you look like!

hahaha ... never have, I'm very polite usually, and am happy to report I don't even have a DUI. Total cleanskin. Demos are different though. You shout and scream as required.

Remember that you have a line of police facing a mass f protesters, so police don't come and try to handle you individually. Doesn't work that way.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
Why are you advocating civil disobedience, escalating to violence?

Just obey the *smile* law.

You don't understand.

It's simple conflict resolution. It's not about who's in the right and who's in the wrong. In heated situations you take action to de-escalate.

At least sensible people do. You just want to buy bullets, cuff and drag, and get shooting.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
You don't understand.

It's simple conflict resolution. It's not about who's in the right and who's in the wrong. In heated situations you take action to de-escalate.

At least sensible people do. You just want to buy bullets, cuff and drag, and get shooting.

You're the one advocating confrontation. I'm saying stay home and avoid it. You don't need to protest. You don't need to endanger public health. This doesn't fit any definition of "essential".

Stop being so selfish.

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
There is no volatility here. This encourages volatility.

If only they could keep the disease among themselves.

You just don't like people being able to express their political opinions in public. Can't say I'm surprised.

I figure you would be the one encouraging tear gas and bullets when those terrible East Berliners started damaging the lawfully built wall 41 years ago.

DS