Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
One lady from 1 of the lockdown areas just effectively stated what has been the issue. She stated "We thought it was all over". Well thats the problem, it WASN'T over but people were treating it like it was.
That lady is either completely stupid or a *smile* liar.

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
That lady is either completely stupid or a *smile* liar.

they did make a real hatching chocolate super egg on the dessert edition of my kitchen rules last week.

maybe she was watching that and missed the news?

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
I believe the problem families are being targeted with a broad title of their postcode. We can't be racially profiling, so target those who flout the rules by naming their postcode. Some families need strict supervision and this is the only way it can be done. The health authorities have enough information to target problem people. They cannot, however, afford to be seen as unfair.

This wouldn’t surprise me. Lots of talk on ethnic Victorian’s not getting the message.

Complex issue. Do you deal with cold hard blunt facts on the type of family’s and circumstances that have been infected? We all knew early profiling of the early COVID-19 suffers that come back from overseas skiing trips.

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
This wouldn’t surprise me. Lots of talk on ethnic Victorian’s not getting the message.

Complex issue. Do you deal with cold hard blunt facts on the type of family’s and circumstances that have been infected? We all knew early profiling of the early COVID-19 suffers that come back from overseas skiing trips.
MASSIVE issue with Eid celebrations post Ramadam.

Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Everyone is rightly worried about the spike in Victoria, but you will notice the other states and the feds are not gloating, they're looking on quite worried.

They know this could happen in any of the states at any time.

Slightly lower figure today and some suburbs being locked down now. Locking down suburbs may not be the perfect answer but I suspect the thinking is that locking down the whole of Melbourne or Victoria just ain't going to fly. Also, if it doesn't work they have a better chance of making a Melbourne lockdown work and people will abide by the rules. As always, it is a judgement call as to how much they reckon they can get people to do, and there is likely to right answer.

We'll see if we can flatten that damned curve again.

DS

Spot on. Of course they're worried & not just about Victoria's outbreak.
Some are gloating in the Northern States at our current plight but take a tourism state like Queensland for example.
Their economy would be absolutely bleeding to death without tourists locally & abroad.
They can't stay in lock down forever as the economy will completely tank & with that comes a world of pain.
Yet as soon as they open up, their aged citizens are at risk.
All Gov. treasurers must be having very sleepless nights right now..the virus is crippling.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
My big issue is 'suburb' has no real meaning, and no epidemiological relevance.

I mean, look how ridiculous it is that moonee ponds isn't locked down (3039).

Pascoe Vale too.

The point is this is a half measure.

It won't change anything, communication of expectations is going to be muddy, people on borders (like those who miss out by a street are going to rightly ask why), it's borderline impossible to police, and it's extremely disruptive, and it won't change anything.

I totally understand your point.

However, you have to look at this in the context of some of the comments quoted a few posts back, things like - I'll riot if they close my suburb down.

I reckon they are closing the suburbs with the outbreaks, and, if it spreads, then they expand the close down. I still think this is all the government and health authorities reckon they can get compliance on. Any lock down, like any law really, cannot be policed comprehensively, it relies on community assent and I just reckon the thinking is that the community will not assent if they try and close down all of Melbourne. Unless, that is, they close down some areas first and expand it if the spike in cases is not brought under control.

DS

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Spot on. Of course they're worried & not just about Victoria's outbreak.
Some are gloating in the Northern States at our current plight but take a tourism state like Queensland for example.
Their economy would be absolutely bleeding to death without tourists locally & abroad.
They can't stay in lock down forever as the economy will completely tank & with that comes a world of pain.
Yet as soon as they open up, their aged citizens are at risk.
All Gov. treasurers must be having very sleepless nights right now..the virus is crippling.

I drove through gridlocked holiday traffic in Byron Bay yesterday.

took me 45 mins to get 2km.

every 4th car had Vic plates.

can't go Gold Coast, Noosa or Whitsundays, Byron is as far north as you can get.

Im no epidemiologist by any stretch, but Id expect a flare up down there in a few weeks????

Reactions: 1 users

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
they did make a real hatching chocolate super egg on the dessert edition of my kitchen rules last week.
Whipped, Ezy?

I can't find any reason a bloke would watch Chef Pete Evans unless he was:
a) A flatearther, anti vaxxer, or 5G nutjob
b) Whipped
c) Recovering from surgery and in a public ward

I'm going for b).

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Whipped, Ezy?

I can't find any reason a bloke would watch Chef Pete Evans unless he was:
a) A flatearther, anti vaxxer, or 5G nutjob
b) Whipped
c) Recovering from surgery and in a public ward

I'm going for b).

you left out 'holocaust denier' (hows those piercing blue eyes on Pete?) and 'magical blessed bleach peddler' from option a)

I'd be astonished if he's not spruiking the cervical massage enlightenment therapy (not kidding - only seems to work on hot 30 somethings with a cervix, strangely) with the other guru-crook Serge Banhayon and his Universal Medicine outfit too.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
A few months back he was trying to sell a thermomixer with coloured LEDs on it for 15K because it cured corona, now he reckons corona is no threat anyway.

A scammer, a grifter, a total con artist. Wellness my arse.

Reactions: 2 users

royce67

Tiger Rookie
Jun 4, 2008
Hobart
Shut things down!
It's not that bad!
Open up for business!
So many infections!
People aren't doing the right thing!
Shut things down!

Rinse repeat.

Ahh... Covid 19 bingo!

You forgot

mixed messages
allusions to random dusky ethic group

any others?

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
How many players will have to move out of the COVID hotspots - anyone know?

And the doggies - can they still train at their venue as I heard it is one of em.

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
I believe every club in Victoria had to move people bar three. We were one of the three.

Edit: Not sure if players or officials though.
According to the Age, Richmond do have players/officials living in hotspots.
Hawthorn none, Collingwood have three staff, and Melbourne has one official, but they are not in the travelling group

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
I believe the problem families are being targeted with a broad title of their postcode. We can't be racially profiling, so target those who flout the rules by naming their postcode. Some families need strict supervision and this is the only way it can be done. The health authorities have enough information to target problem people. They cannot, however, afford to be seen as unfair.
Case in point: Cardinia was on the doorknocking list yesterday and today. But reported this afternoon that there are no active cases in this Shire!