Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Best thing is it appears that Hotel Quarantine breech in South Oz doesn't seem like it's going to be uncontrollable. Christmas is looking good this year for many Australians.:)

Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Working when he shouldn't have been maybe? Would make sense if thats the case why he lied about working there.

I was wondering that. Of course it is now a real mess for him as telling the contact tracers would likely have gone no further, now everyone knows.

SA government right to go quick on the lockdown and then sort out the best moves as details became clearer.

DS

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Working when he shouldn't have been maybe? Would make sense if thats the case why he lied about working there.

One of DS”s poor exploited overseas workers. Probably forced to work for Pizza. He’s really a hero now, exposing dodgy work practices.

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Ahh... it's dropped down to linear growth rather than exponential in the last day according to those figurea, Nothing to see here. Everything is under control! Move on. move on...

Well, we could be reaching the limits of testing, and you know what Donald says about that... "no testing, no cases!!"

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Gladys Berejiklian copping it for not self isolating after a covid test despite showing symptoms (losing voice).
Pretty foolish by her as went completely against her own government's advice.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Last active case of covid has been discharged. We now have zero active coronavirus cases in Victoria!
Outstanding result. It's been a long hard road for Victoria to get to this point. Let's hope we can contain the virus to quarantine when we start allowing international arrivals again. We just can not afford to stuff that up. A 3rd wave and lockdown could be beyond devastating.

Reactions: 1 user

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
"Up to" 90% effective. Reserving judgement.

Even 70% is still an excellent result for a first generation vaccine and would have a massive impact. This would be an option for developing countries - cheaper, less complex to store and transport.

I read that most flu vaccine is around 60% effective.

Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
So good walking the dog without a mask.
Going to the gym again with a mask.
Beers at the pub without a mask.
The virus has certainly made you appreciate the little things.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Even 70% is still an excellent result for a first generation vaccine and would have a massive impact. This would be an option for developing countries - cheaper, less complex to store and transport.

I read that most flu vaccine is around 60% effective.
Yeah it's a tremendous effort at this stage. It seems as though the virus will remain in circulation though, and if you forget to keep your shots up or you're in the unlucky "10 percent or more", you're in strife.

I guess this is what they meant when they predicted early that it was likely to enter general circulation like other viruses. Can also see for the first time the concerns of anti-vaxxers - an innoculation that is virtually mandatory but no sure thing.

Might need tattoos on our foreheads to certify that we've had the jab and are "safe".

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
The Oxford vaccine is looking good. Not quite as effective as other vaccines but certainly more affordable, and more easily transportable (only requires refrigeration as oppose to freezing).

Quite amazing isn't it? we go from there has never been an effective vaccine for Coronaviruses throughout history, we may never have one and vaccines can take 10 -15 years to develop to potentially having 3 that work and MAY be available for distribution next year?

Reactions: 1 users