Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
It's hardly surprising that an Australian should have shares in Australian company CSL.
I have shares in CSL.
Most people with a super fund probably do.
It is drawing a very long bow to suggest that, on the basis of that shareholding, they can influence the opinion of The Australasian Virology Society.

Hence why I said maybe. But he did buy at least some of the shares only 2 months before the agreement on AstraZeneca was announced.

Last edited:

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
chuckled at a Twitter tweet comparing the governments choice of vaccine as being the "fibre to the node" of vaccines.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
Hence why I said maybe. But he did buy at least some of the shares only 2 months before the agreement on AstraZeneca was announced.
According to someone on Twitter. I note there's no source quoted.

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
The best post on that thread?

"you know who else has shares in CSL pretty much everyone via their superfund ..................... this is so absolutely stupid its not funny.
Stop undermining public health with conspiracy *smile*"

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
He declared CSL purchases in his register of members interests dated 30 June, he had none on his 30 March declaration. Proof is there if you look.
and as I said "It is drawing a very long bow to suggest that, on the basis of that shareholding, they can influence the opinion of The Australasian Virology Society" but carry on with your little conspiracy
If backbenchers buying a few shares influences an independent association of medical professionals then that association is neither independent, professional or worth taking note of

Last edited:

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
and as I said "It is drawing a very long bow to suggest that, on the basis of that shareholding, they can influence the opinion of The Australasian Virology Society" but carry on with your little conspiracy
If backbenchers buying a few shares influences an independent association of medical professionals then that association is neither independent, professional or worth taking note of

Already answered now we're just going around in circles.

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
He declared CSL purchases in his register of members interests dated 30 June, he had none on his 30 March declaration. Proof is there if you look.
Declaration dated 30 July 2019 shows he had CSL shares then

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Check the documentation he's had CSL shares in his portfolio since July 2019. Proof is there, if you're willing to look.

Dunno why you want to keep going with this. I specifically acknowledged he may have had some CSL shares before he bought further shares in June.

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
Dunno why you want to keep going with this. I specifically acknowledged he may have had some CSL shares before he bought further shares in June.
You specifically stated "He declared CSL purchases in his register of members interests dated 30 June, he had none on his 30 March declaration."
None on his 30 March declaration?
So did he have none as you state or some as per his declaration?
If you're going to invent stuff to back up your conspiracy theories at least invent something that is at least close to the truth.

Reactions: 1 user

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
You specifically stated "He declared CSL purchases in his register of members interests dated 30 June, he had none on his 30 March declaration."
None on his 30 March declaration?
So did he have none as you state or some as per his declaration?
If you're going to invent stuff to back up your conspiracy theories at least invent something that is at least close to the truth.

No PURCHASES in March

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
It's hardly surprising that an Australian should have shares in Australian company CSL.
I have shares in CSL.
Most people with a super fund probably do.
It is drawing a very long bow to suggest that, on the basis of that shareholding, they can influence the opinion of The Australasian Virology Society.

I agree - it's a long bow to draw.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
It's potentially a great leveller if no amount of money or importance can buy you a better vaccine. Maybe we can on-sell the AstraZeneca to a needier country and ensure everyone gets the same protection here.

Someone posted the analogy online would you use the condom that was 95% effective or 62% effective?

Meanwhile the US broke another single day record overnight of 4,327 deaths..

Last edited: