Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria

the more I see of this bloke Nick Kyrgios, the more I like him
Nick thought Djokovic was a ‘tool’ well before covid. At the time not too many agreed with him. I suspect that viewpoint has now changed.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Nick thought Djokovic was a ‘tool’ well before covid. At the time not too many agreed with him. I suspect that viewpoint has now changed.

I hope whatever crowd gets into the Aussie open boos the Serbian wanker. Show him what we all think about him.

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

At least 1 has the common sense view (Azarenka).

That fool comparing it to prison - *smile* off then.

Sergei the coach who doesn't agree with 14 day quarantine - *smile* off back to Russia then.

Either abide by the rules and get your paycheck or you shoudn't have come and got paid zilch. Upto them. They've clearly followed the money but then don't want to follow the rules to be paid said money.

This is hardly endearing themselves to Australians. Aussies aren't usually shy of making their feelings known, so hopefully they make their feelings well known to those that whinge.

Reactions: 2 users

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul

I thought he was a tool early days, but winning a few grand slams seemed to mellow him out a bit.

But he's reverted to type.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Just heard on the news what Agut said. How about you go back to Spain then without your min $100k.

Claims that the people keeping them in quarantine know nothing about tennis, practise courts and the like. How about you step back and realise that not everything is about tennis. This is about something a lot more impactful than tennis and you are being allowed to play tennis DESPITE that. Have some bloody gratitude to actually be able to continue on your day job you entitled prick.

Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Just heard on the news what Agut said. How about you go back to Spain then without your min $100k.

Claims that the people keeping them in quarantine know nothing about tennis, practise courts and the like. How about you step back and realise that not everything is about tennis. This is about something a lot more impactful than tennis and you are being allowed to play tennis DESPITE that. Have some bloody gratitude to actually be able to continue on your day job you entitled prick.
The worst people are pro tennis players. Completely selfish areseholes. It starts as a junior and continues from there. Their parents are usually arseholes too.

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
The worst people are pro tennis players. Completely selfish areseholes. It starts as a junior and continues from there. Their parents are usually arseholes too.

They are certainly doing nothing to change that perception.

I don't remember the Indian cricket team kicking up a stink like this.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria

On the other side of it, I heard Barbara Strycova on the radio this morning and she was great about it. Said yeah, I miss training, but you guys did this for 5 months, and the fact is I’m staying in a 5 star hotel for a couple of weeks.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Feel a little bit sorry for the tennis players who were caught unawares. Super-fit athletes cooped up in smallish rooms are going to do it tough, but they were never going to get a sympathetic hearing from the public.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
On the other side of it, I heard Barbara Strycova on the radio this morning and she was great about it. Said yeah, I miss training, but you guys did this for 5 months, and the fact is I’m staying in a 5 star hotel for a couple of weeks.

Azarenka too was pretty good about it. I do hope its the vocal minority that is kicking up a stink. Personally anyone who has whinged about it like this, I'd be happy for Tennis Australia to let them to their quarantine, then turn them around and say "your planes waiting for you, now *smile* off"

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Feel a little bit sorry for the tennis players who were caught unawares. Super-fit athletes cooped up in smallish rooms are going to do it tough, but they were never going to get a sympathetic hearing from the public.
I did at first as well. But then I read that there were video link ups to discuss everything that may eventuate and what would happen if people tested positive etc, and out of the 1200 or so players, coaches etc coming over, only around 80 bothered to participate in the video conferences..needless to say, my sympathies dissipated after hearing that

Reactions: 3 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I did at first as well. But then I read that there were video link ups to discuss everything that may eventuate and what would happen if people tested positive etc, and out of the 1200 or so players, coaches etc coming over, only around 80 bothered to participate in the video conferences..needless to say, my sympathies dissipated after hearing that
Ah yeah the information was available. They all seem to have "entourages" so someone should've been tasked with understanding it.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Yes plenty of tennis players showing great understanding of the situation. That doesn't generate clicks or suit agendas however.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Yes plenty of tennis players showing great understanding of the situation. That doesn't generate clicks or suit agendas however.

yes.

Noam Chomsky should write a sequel to 'Manufacturing Consent' (1988)

'Manufacturing Hate'

thats largely what the media does these days, especially the (anti)- social media

Reactions: 4 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
yes.

'Manufacturing Hate'

thats largely what the media does these days, especially the (anti)- social media
You see it all the time in the media these days unfortunately. Dial a quote to suit the angle you want to present, dressed up as 'news'.

Reactions: 3 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
yes.

'Manufacturing Hate'

You know Chomsky is about 94 years old now and still as sharp as a tack

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
You know Chomsky is about 94 years old now and still as sharp as a tack

doesn't surprise me one bit. A revolutionary mind like a steel trap.

he probably has written, or mentored

'Manufacturing Hate'