Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Born_a_Tiger78

Tiger Rookie
Jul 16, 2008
Don’t know if it is 2000 but the amount needed are either in state warehouses are being stored in public hospitals
If we as a state had to stand up 100s of extra ICU beds we could from an equipment perspective.
Thanks. Hopefully they are never needed.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Quotes attributable to Premier Daniel Andrews

“We know there are thousands of Victorians overseas waiting to get home, but it was vital that we take the time to get the reset of this program right – CQV will deliver the strongest and safest quarantine program in the country.”

“This strengthened program and dedicated agency will help us protect everything we have built together.”

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Article this morning on the rollout of the vaccine to quarantine workers. I have read elsewhere on social media complaints that it will take 6 weeks or so but I think this article explains it well. People receiving the vaccine can show symptoms and have to be symptom free and be tested before going back to work so to keep a minimum workforce they have to work through it methodically. It’s going to be the same for health workers, they can’t all be vaccinated at the same time because we would not have enough doctors and nurses in our hospitals if they were.

Reactions: 1 user

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Had the Pfizer jab today. I have the 2nd one in 12 weeks time.

Wish Australia would hurry up with the vaccines. I want to visit.

Reactions: 2 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Not sure if anyone else is following the data but over the last few weeks the number of daily infections and deaths around the world based on a 7 day average has dropped by about a third.
There could be multiple reasons for this including the vaccine, the various restrictions and lockdowns, the wearing of masks in the US etc.
it’s very interesting. The next month or two will be very important

I follow it on worldometer

Reactions: 1 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
I was supposed to have a boys weekend on the gold coast this week. fly out Friday and back Monday. after lockdown ended last week, QLD came out and said they’re not opening to Victoria before Saturday the 27th. So i changed my flight to Saturday (brilliant customer service from Virgin Australia btw). I called the QLD COVID hotline this morning and there is no other information available than what I already know. I just have to wait for QLD Govt announcements during the week.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Unfortunately he has quite a following. Probably green voters.
I reckon you will find his views align more with certain Libs and Nationals (and now former Libs) than with any greens.
His target is dumb people who want to think they are smart. Those people vote conservative.

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I reckon you will find his views align more with certain Libs and Nationals (and now former Libs) than with any greens.
His target is dumb people who want to think they are smart. Those people vote conservative.
Plenty of them vote Greens, too. Adam Bandt might be a watermelon but many of their constituents could be described as Liberals Who Like Trees.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Plenty of them vote Greens, too. Adam Bandt might be a watermelon but many of their constituents could be described as Liberals Who Like Trees.
maybe people who were once Liberal but care about the environment and those disadvantaged in the community.

on re-consideration, i would say most Pete Evans fans dont vote at all. (or vote for Craig Kelly)

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Unfortunately he has quite a following.
It’s amazing really. I put them in the same category as Americans running around saying COVID is a hoax with half a million Americans dead
I would say that based on what we have seen so far the vaccine success is exceeding our expectations. Hospitalisation rates in places where the rollout is advanced have plummeted.

Reactions: 1 users

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Some restrictions in Vic due to be lifted today. What are we going to get??
75% back in the office along with all rules over Christmas would be a good start.

Dan Andrews needs to push slightly harder to get Melbourne CBD back up on its feet. Whatever happens we will still be the most restrictive state.