Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
"The federal government secured on-shore manufacturing capacity via CSL – a move that now looks extremely prescient."

You know what looks even more prescient? Government member and all-round piece of sh!t Dave Sharma stocking up on CSL shares in the days before that was announced. Even when they're doing good they can't help being corrupt about it.

• Angry
Reactions: 2 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
"The federal government secured on-shore manufacturing capacity via CSL – a move that now looks extremely prescient."

You know what looks even more prescient? Government member and all-round piece of sh!t Dave Sharma stocking up on CSL shares in the days before that was announced. Even when they're doing good they can't help being corrupt about it.

Well, it was $299 around the time this thing all started in mid Jan 20 and it’s $266 now.

As I understand it there’s no big profits for pharma or manufacturers in vaccines. It’s more in efficacy based treatments for chronic illnesses and diseases ie where there’s a consistent and regular need to purchase - unlike vaccines which at best are just a once a year purchase (presently) and are cheap (presently).

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Well, it was $299 around the time this thing all started in mid Jan 20 and it’s $266 now.

As I understand it there’s no big profits for pharma or manufacturers in vaccines. It’s more in efficacy based treatments for chronic illnesses and diseases ie where there’s a consistent and regular need to purchase - unlike vaccines which at best are just a once a year purchase (presently) and are cheap (presently).
So you're saying he's corrupt and an idiot.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com

This is reflective of the entire live music industry. Beyond devastating, could well be culture changing.
The Arts industry has been affected more than most during this pandemic.
With the end of jobkeeper many will simply give up on being musicians, dancers, actors etc.
Meanwhile I can't get a tradesman for quids they're so busy. This virus has been incredibly uneven on the industries it's effected.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
You're basing that on Morrison's record/rhetoric?
Anti LNP article in The Australian? That's got to be as first.
Even as a long time LNP voter I can see they've failed to setup any sort of quarantine, they've consistently overpromised and underdelivered, they've failed us.
Too much spin, not enough action.
I’m not saying the performance will be great. I don’t trust any government to effectively operationalise something quickly now. It’s clearly not their skills set.

But seriously when the plan was based on getting millions of vaccines from overseas that another country blocked what do you want us to do? Go to war.

and extrapolating the current 60k/day number is just stupid.

newspapers sell outrage.

Last edited:

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
In better news for EZY ty2E, the dude who tested positive contracted it from the Brisbane chicks he was sitting next to at the hotel, but his 3 mates he was with didn’t.

Just remains to be seen if anyone else in the hotel or Byron has though.

yeah

Brad 'dukes' hazard has now issued a statewide ban on grabbing strippers on the wang

I really feel for all the strippers. I dont know how their industry can survive.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
COVID continues to cast a long shadow over mass participation events. Heard that scouts have cancelled their national jamboree in January 2022. They said they can manage the health requirements but just cannot take on the financial risk of border closures that could stop 10,000 kids getting there or home. Just cannot afford to torch $20 million.
So music festivals and the like could be on knife edge too for a long time to come.

Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
yeah

Brad 'dukes' hazard has now issued a statewide ban on grabbing strippers on the wang

I really feel for all the strippers. I dont know how their industry can survive.

With your appetite for them Eggs Over eZy, they'll be ok.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
With your appetite for them Eggs Over eZy, they'll be ok.

Im sure the Byron Bay distillery is developing a genital sanitiser at this very moment,

maybe a bit of aloe vera and Sichuan pepper in some booze?

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I’m not saying the performance will be great. I don’t trust any government to effectively operationalise something quickly now. It’s clearly not their skills set.

But seriously when the plan was based on getting millions of vaccines from overseas that another country blocked what do you want us to do? Go to war.

newspapers sell outrage.
It just goes to show how much of a rabble the Morrison government is.
There was a supply problem of AstraZeneca overseas, resulting in exports of the vaccine to Australia being blocked. The Morrison governments response to the shortage is to blame the states telling them that they "need to pull their fingers out", unbelievable.

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
From the other side of the world, the Federal v State thing in Australia is much like European countries being governed by the EU.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
It just goes to show how much of a rabble the Morrison government is.
There was a supply problem of AstraZeneca overseas, resulting in exports of the vaccine to Australia being blocked. The Morrison governments response to the shortage is to blame the states telling them that they "need to pull their fingers out", unbelievable.

Sure that is deflection. Simpler and more honest messaging would be something like

“supply got blocked and we need to focus our efforts on local production and also alternate vaccine sources. We appreciate the change in supply signals makes it harder for the states to scale up their vaccination resources and we need to work hand in hand to make sure the latest info is available to all so we can accelerate our efforts and improve confidence on the supply side. At the same time we look for the states to be ready and focus their efforts on the highest priority candidates”

won’t happen but a bipartisan and national approach to a national issue would be great. I wouldn’t call *smile* communication shambolic but it’s pretty nauseating and anyone with a brain sees straight through it. I’m in Vic and was more disappointed with Vic government shambolic initial quarantine management and leadership. I guess we all suffer the negative consequences of the democratic political system we have (short term reelection focus leading to spin over substance) and also enjoy its benefits (not living in an authoritarian state).

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016

newspapers sell outrage.
When the EU blocked the export of the vaccines what was Hunt's response?
"This won't impact the rollout"
He's either completely stupid or an out an out liar or just possibly both.
The fact remains they've overpromised and underdelivered.
There was never a chance that all adults who wanted the vacination would get it by the end of October and for Morrison to state that , once again, the entire country has misinterpreted him just doesn't wash anymore.
It's no wonder people and, surprisingly enough, the LNP biased media are now predicting the worst
Some honesty so people can plan is what is required.

Last edited:

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
When the EU blocked the export of the vaccines what was Hunt's response?
"This won't impact the rollout"
He's either completely stupid or an out an out liar or just possibly both.
The fact remains they've overpromised and underdelivered.
There was never a chance that all adults who wanted the vacination would get it by the end of October and for Morrison to state that , once again, the entire country has misinterpreted him just doesn't wash anymore.
It's no wonder people and, surprisingly enough, the LNP biased media are now predicting the worst
Some honesty so people can plan is what is required.
I agree honesty from the government and transparency On the risks is what is needed.

I just think extrapolating the current rate of vaccination is scaremongering and disingenuous.

Two wrongs never make a right.