Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
It’s an online course EZY. If you recall there was a doctor in Queensland who didn’t do it and got it wrong. Nurses can do it as long as they complete the training .
Whenever I hear online course I think
Of Kath and Kim. It didn’t work out so well for Kel. Online training (self directed) would almost be the worst possible way to mass educate in my opinion.

Reactions: 1 user

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Whenever I hear online course I think
Of Kath and Kim. It didn’t work out so well for Kel. Online training (self directed) would almost be the worst possible way to mass educate in my opinion.
Online training with video is what is required in this case and there are many examples of successful such online ways of learning.
The alternative is to bring thousands in for face to face training which is not practical at all

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
back when I was a teacher, if the Ed Dept insulted my intelligence and professionalism by making me do an online course about something i studied for 4 years for and I'd done a thousand times,

I just wouldnt do it.

It took until my principal basically handcuffed me to a laptop a year after the pandemic started to do the education department's 'infectious disease' online course.

Which was, as expected, a joke, riddled with errors and probably written by someone who had failed upward as a Teacher into a department job and who had never set foot in a research lab, and was only half paying attention as they transcribed out of 'Covid for Dummies'.

Reactions: 1 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
It took until my principal basically handcuffed me to a laptop a year after the pandemic started to do the education department's 'infectious disease' online course.

Which was, as expected, a joke, riddled with errors and probably written by someone who had failed upward as a Teacher into a department job and who had never set foot in a research lab, and was only half paying attention as they transcribed out of 'Covid for Dummies'.
dont confuse online training put together for the sake of ticking a box, by some nuffie who doesnt know what they are talking about with good, meaningful online training designed for actual outcomes.
there is lots of the former, but the latter does exist.

Reactions: 2 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
Online training with video is what is required in this case and there are many examples of successful such online ways of learning.
The alternative is to bring thousands in for face to face training which is not practical at all
Depends on the persons background and motivation And how well it is done. Effective online training would have to be paired with field verification and hopefully be instructor led and have interaction during it. im not saying you can’t learn anything online just that it’s a shitty way to train people unless done very well.

If it’s a super simple task analogous to things people already do then agree It may work fine. but in that case it’s a waste of time anayway as isn’t adding any value.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Depends on the persons background and motivation And how well it is done. Effective online training would have to be paired with field verification and hopefully be instructor led and have interaction during it. im not saying you can’t learn anything online just that it’s a shitty way to train people unless done very well.

If it’s a super simple task analogous to things people already do then agree It may work fine. but in that case it’s a waste of time anayway as isn’t adding any value.
It's like anything, only adds value if it is done well.

The training as I understand it is a lot about how to maximise the use of the vaccine and storage and logistics. I assume it also includes the Pfizer vaccine which needs to be mixed with saline and handled and stored carefully as well.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Online training is generally inferior to in-person training.

Should only be used where you are teaching a specific task to people who are already trained and experienced in what they do. Doctors, nurses, pharmacists can all do vaccines so teaching them some extra specifics for these vaccines should be fine online. It isn't a totally new task for them, just some specifics they would need to be across.

DS

Bunnerz

Richmond are cool man
Aug 12, 2003
Geelong
Chile and Brazil has had a very big weekend for Covid. Its absolutely everywhere!
Hopefully we are not allowing people from those countries in from next week.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
cases and deaths are on the increase worldwide despite the vaccination rollout. are the right people being vaccinated or only those that can afford it and are low risk?

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
cases and deaths are on the increase worldwide despite the vaccination rollout. are the right people being vaccinated or only those that can afford it and are low risk?
Brazil and India are going gangbusters and accounted for a third of the world's new cases and deaths in yesterday's figures.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

So by the time I'm the next one in line for this Slo Mo vaccine rollout, I'll have to have the *smile* one?

So when do we start getting more of the Pfizer vaccine then? This HAS to have an affect of pushing out the timeframe around vaccination.

My brother is getting married in the UK next Easter, if I can't get back because this government hasn't organised vaccine delivery in an adequate fashion, I'm going to be pissed off.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Non poltical question if they are allowed on this thread now.

How does the AZ vaccine know how old you are? In other words why does the blood clot risk decrease in older people?