Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
He’s turning out to be one of the least substantial politicians I can remember. A pretty amazing feat given the field size.
Scomo, fails on a number of levels. Has the right ideas, but failures in implementation. Extrodianary. Goes to be Mr nice guy when he should grow a pair. Thinks of the political points win when should be more straight forward to the public & not worry about party politics. Only when pushed in the corner from failing, he finally does what he shouldve done from the outset. Unreal. just my opinion or take on things

Albo, other option, never will consider that baffoon. just my opinion. Mr cliche, sack everyone in opposition on anything they do, comes across very fake. Useless. They need to gag him. He recently claimed you can charge electric cars over night using your solar panels. Went on about a few times. Shook my head in disbelief

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
He recently claimed you can charge electric cars over night using your solar panels. Went on about a few times. Shock my head in disbelief

I don't find Albo all that inspiring, but I'm pretty sure he was referring to using batteries to charge electric cars overnight, which have been charged by solar panels during the day. No one's claiming you can generate electricity from a solar panel at night time.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
He’s turning out to be one of the least substantial politicians I can remember. A pretty amazing feat given the field size.
It says that even with the constant stuff ups from our federal governments the politics board is pretty quiet.

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
I don't find Albo all that inspiring, but I'm pretty sure he was referring to using batteries to charge electric cars overnight, which have been charged by solar panels during the day. No one's claiming you can generate electricity from a solar panel at night time.
Nah the doofus said "you have your solar panels on the roof and you can charge your car for free overnight"

Look it up. Im sure sky news will have it. They love him ( sarcasm)

Yeah, agree, not inspiring at all.

To charge a car i hate to think how many batteries youll need. Ive got one(+ panels) last 2 maybe 3 hrs on basic electric use. Tv, lights & fridges.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I'm just over 50. Got to be honest that makes me a bit nervous when this woman who likely died from the Astra Zeneca jab was 48 years old considering the (age 50) cutoff point between AZ & the pfizer option.
That said I'm sure getting covid is much worse.. A doctor was on the ABC this morning was quoted as saying 1 in 11 people over 50 are dying from Covid. Scary stuff.
Much rather take the risks with the vaccine at those odds.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I'm just over 50. Got to be honest that makes me a bit nervous when this woman who likely died from the Astra Zeneca jab was 48 years old considering the (age 50) cutoff point between AZ & the pfizer option.
That said I'm sure getting covid is much worse.. A doctor was on the ABC this morning was quoted as saying 1 in 11 people over 50 are dying from Covid. Scary stuff.
Much rather take the risks with the vaccine at those odds.
I'd rather not Oldie. I'm more worried about side-effects than the illness itself. It's not mandatory. I'd rather go cold turkey if I picked up this virus as I've done with previous illness. If it happens, it happens.

Reactions: 1 users

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
It's a difficult decision. I need to get to work on my bucket list but a blood clot on the brain would probably put an end to that. No way we're going to be allowed to travel overseas for tourism (NZ excluded) for a couple of years so happy to wait a bit and see what the numbers are in 6-12 months time re AZ side effects and how effective any of the vaccines are against the latest variants.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
It's a difficult decision. I need to get to work on my bucket list but a blood clot on the brain would probably put an end to that. No way we're going to be allowed to travel overseas for tourism (NZ excluded) for a couple of years so happy to wait a bit and see what the numbers are in 6-12 months time re AZ side effects and how effective any of the vaccines are against the latest variants.
The variants is a concern no doubt. Already Pfizer is saying we will likely need a (3rd booster).
Whilst is may seem a difficult decision now that's because we're very lucky right now in Australia that we don't have any Covid. Imagine for a moment however if it was like India or Brazil here?
Not sure I want to take the risk on Covid so I'll probably take any vaccine that's offered. Obviously that would preferably be the best & safest one.

Reactions: 1 users

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
The variants is a concern no doubt. Already Pfizer is saying we will likely need a (3rd booster).
Whilst is may seem a difficult decision now that's because we're very lucky right now in Australia that we don't have any Covid. Imagine for a moment however if it was like India or Brazil here?
Not sure I want to take the risk on Covid so I'll probably take any vaccine that's offered. Obviously that would preferably be the best & safest one.
Yes at least we have the option of being able to consider the issue.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
A mate of my partner has just posted pictures of her getting the vaccine.

She lives in Timor, a poor country which was recently devastated by floods.

Meanwhile in wealthy Australia with most of the population away from any recent natural disasters all we get is . . . crickets . . . as nothing happens.

DS

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I get my first jab of Moderna on Monday. I'll let you all know if I grow another head.

• Haha

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Nah the doofus said "you have your solar panels on the roof and you can charge your car for free overnight"

Look it up. Im sure sky news will have it. They love him ( sarcasm)

Yeah, agree, not inspiring at all.

To charge a car i hate to think how many batteries youll need. Ive got one(+ panels) last 2 maybe 3 hrs on basic electric use. Tv, lights & fridges.

Sky News was the only place i could find it, and considering how biased they are against the Labor Party, reinforces my point that Albo's quote implied batteries are involved.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Sky News was the only place i could find it, and considering how biased they are against the Labor Party, reinforces my point that Albo's quote implied batteries are involved.
I'm sure he did. But battery technology today would require you to have a lot of solar panels and a lot of batteries to charge your EV every night. More than your average house could have.

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
I'm sure he did. But battery technology today would require you to have a lot of solar panels and a lot of batteries to charge your EV every night. More than your average house could have.

I don't know all that much about battery technology apart from my general perception that capacity is increasing and costs are dropping, making large scale batteries for everyday uses closer to an economical reality. How far away that truly is i don't know, but I give Albo credit for talking about a long-term green energy vision rather than the adaption-to-climate-change rhetoric from our current government.

Judge Albo how you want, but no one should be fooled by Sky News' twisted implications that he somehow doesn't understand the basics of solar-generated electricity, that's clearly not the case.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I'll wait until I can get the Pfizer vaccine, that was the vaccination of choice for ScoMo.............................

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
UK figures show death by blood clots as a result of AZ vaccine: 4 per Million
Deaths by blood clots from Covid-19: 1800 per Million

I'd take the AZ vaccine if it was the only one available today.