Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
Yes its just misdirection. I and my wife would get it if we could (both over 50) but we can't as yet.
Book myself in next week into a clinic. Only had to wait a week. I delayed it so I can get a letter from my GP with the meds I take for them for the paperwork. Maybe ring around.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Book myself in next week into a clinic. Only had to wait a week. I delayed it so I can get a letter from my GP with the meds I take for them for the paperwork. Maybe ring around.

Just use your prescriptions as evidence. (A heap of GP's aren't even validating anything anyway.)

• Angry
Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Is that because they don't want to be legally liable if there are complications from the vaccination?

I dunno. I suspect it's more to do with the fact this ***'ed up Federal Government hasn't put any process and technology in place for the GP's to record and validate anything via.

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
I dunno. I suspect it's more to do with the fact this ***'ed up Federal Government hasn't put any process and technology in place for the GP's to record and validate anything via.
It should just be a matter of flashing your Medicare card. Goes into the Vaccinations record on your My Health record but the problem is most GP's don't want a bar of the My Health setup.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Then people wonder why when they pitch up for their 2nd injection they can't get it.
Havent personally heard of 2nd injections being problematic. Thought that the limited supply - the real issue - still accounted for the 2nd dose quantities that are needed regardless. If it didn’t, then that would make hundreds of thousands of first dose recipients redundant for purpose, and put the whole country truly at “base camp zero.”

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
Havent personally heard of 2nd injections being problematic. Thought that the limited supply - the real issue - still accounted for the 2nd dose quantities that are needed regardless. If it didn’t, then that would make hundreds of thousands of first dose recipients redundant for purpose, and put the whole country truly at “base camp zero.”

There's been several reports of people pitching up for their 2nd and being told no because there's no record of their first.

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
Who wants Government Mu#$##&#&#$ having easier access to their medical history? I sure know I don't.
Unfortunately the vaccinations are supposed to be recorded on the Australian Immunisation Register which you can access via My Gov or via the Medicare Express app but in order to access it via the Medicare Express App you have to have Medicare linked to your My Gov account.
IMO it's a not so subtle way to force everyone onto My Gov.

Last edited:

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
The UK cops a lot of crap for various things, but we’ve shat all over Australia on this vaccination thing.

No idea when I’ll be able to visit my family in Melbourne again without having to spend 2 weeks locked up in a hotel.

Australia needs to get a move on and open up again FFS.

Reactions: 3 users