Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I probably wasn't clear. The ROI would be a comparison between current HQ and a different facility setup. I don't think either of the 2 scenarios would be profitable and probably both require government subsidies, but I would expect the cost to be similar and might open up properties to be filled with International travellers from bubbles in order to kick start tourism. Ultimately they should be looking at it from that perspective if they actually believe we will need facilities for at least another 2 years which is what the govt have indicated.

sounds way too forward thinking for this federal government unfortunately.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I still reckon they should use cabins in caravan parks for quarantine - they are there right now, likely empty, get supplies from local towns helping the local economy, lots of benefits to be had.

DS

Like i said last time, how do you prevent fraternisation between cabins.

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
You would want to have a pretty good reason to go. My reasoning would be that it needs to be a reason worth risking my life for.

The cricketers have pulled out of plenty of tours to problem spots. The only difference here is the obscene money on offer for IPL.
The ACB pulled out of the South African tour when South African numbers (2200/day) were about one sixth of what the Indian numbers (11500/day) were at the time
There must have been a Risk Assessment done which said the South African tour was a bad idea.
If you applied the same process to India which had a 6 times worse problem how could you come up with a different answer?
Money talks

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
I believe the South Africa decision wasn't about case numbers but rather the capacity to deliver an effective bio-secure bubble.

In India'a case the bubble they have created has been world class, with COVID falling from the sky to have had almost no cases inside the bubble is quite remarkable.
In which case IPL players and staff and also ISL players shouldn't need to complain about not being allowed to travel back to Australia until after the 15th.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
That defeats of the purpose of the ban. Situation is out of control but we're going to allow a last-minute rush of people who would endanger the nation? May as well not have a ban at all.

The ban will be relaxed as soon as medical advice allows. The state governments based their border decisions on the advice of their CMO's. Similar here.

Once again the left being politically opportunist and howling like banshees. How is it "racist" if our cricketers are banned from coming back? As stated earlier, cruel but necessary.
I didn't mention race, not sure why you want to bring it up with me.

We're talking about Australian citizens. This government is refusing entry into Australia of it's own citizens. How in any way, shape or form that can be considered acceptable is beyond my comprehension.

*smile*, I'm shocked Dutton didn't think to allow Australians back but send them to Christmas Island in the hopes the returning Australians infect Priya and Nades Murugappan and their Australian-born daughters who were living in Biloela, it would be killing two birds with one stone.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Like i said last time, how do you prevent fraternisation between cabins.

It's managed in other quarantine centres around the world. Proper guards, CCTV, motion detectors, don't let them out of the cabins in the first place etc. Plenty of ways to stop cross-contamination.

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
It's managed in other quarantine centres around the world. Proper guards, CCTV, motion detectors, don't let them out of the cabins in the first place etc. Plenty of ways to stop cross-contamination.

Yeah i went through quarantine myself, they had staff sitting in the corridors 24/7. Was wondering about the logistics of doing this in caravan parks.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Yeah i went through quarantine myself, they had staff sitting in the corridors 24/7. Was wondering about the logistics of doing this in caravan parks.

they'de just sit on all the cigarette butt carpeted white gravel outside 24/7

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
We're talking about Australian citizens. This government is refusing entry into Australia of it's own citizens. How in any way, shape or form that can be considered acceptable is beyond my comprehension.
Travellers need to come back to the real world before they come back to Australia. Suggestion for Bart's blackboard line in The Simpsons:

I MUST NOT TRAVEL DURING A PANDEMIC

Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Travellers need to come back to the real world before they come back to Australia. Suggestion for Bart's blackboard line in The Simpsons:

Back to the topic, there are ways and means of allowing Australians to return to Australia without risking the general population. A blanket ban should be the absolute last resort.

But it looks like the Libs internal polling has highlighted what a stupid decision it was so the ban has now been pulled.

Bart will be happy